Chapter 1

The Girl That Was Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas lights filled the quiet, silent streets of Seoul while So Min was walking home from school, she slowly paced towards her home, the home that had a frightening aura. Her father was abusive and drunk most of the time and he wasn't even her father, he was So Min's step-father.

She turned the key and opened the door as quietly as she could, praying that her father was asleep. Her breaths were heavier as she took her shoes off and tip-toed up the stairs. She followed the broken glass trail that lead to her room. Her trembling hands wrapped around the door knob as she twisted it. She had very little courage to open her own bedroom door more than a gap. It was because she knew he was in there. She was frightened by him. So Min had no choice but to sleep on the sofa.

For many nights, So Min was sleepless. She had no reason to sleep when she knew she had to wake up the next day and live a life that had no difference to hell.

The next morning she went upstairs to check if her step-father was still there. Fortunately, he wasn't and she quickly got changed and picked up her bag. A picture of her mother, father and herself caught her eye and her vision became blurry as her eyes were forming tears.

Mum, Dad, I miss you. 

 

---

 

With every step she took on her way to school, her feet became heavy and she was unable to move them as if she were stuck in quicksand. Her heart was in and she felt herself feel small. Quick, short breaths filled the air. She blinked, once, twice, thrice and started to feel calm. 'nothing will happen So Min-ah, focus on your studies and show them you are worth something' she encouraged herself as she walked in the building.

"Ah! Look who's here guys!" A boy in her class shouted, even though she hadn't set foot into the classroom.

She clenched the strap of her bag and went quickly to her desk at the back of the classroom. Suddenly, everything became dark, everyone was crowded around her desk.

"Why is she so quiet today?"

"Oh, she always is,"

"No, it's different today,"

"She probably had a good night with her step father,"

"Did you So Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter