You Are

You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

“MBC FM For you…” The background of the radio studio played. The staffs of the show packed up since broadcast is already finished. They took photos of the guest with the host and other staffs. “Wonderful.” The staff commented upon checking the photo that she took. And then, staffs gathered near him and asked for signature on his album. He smiled and took out the pen from his manager. The guest thanked everyone, he bowed to them, including to the DJ of the program.

“Good job!” She said and put on a double thumb up.

“Thank you! Fighting!” He answered and waved goodbye to her.

She watched the guest along with his staffs and manager leaving the broadcast room. She smiled and said, “Yay! Finally, I’m free to go!” The broadcast room was filled with laughter. “Ka, Sunny-ssi. I know you don’t want to be late today.” The producer said. She gave out an aegyo smile and picked up her belongings. “Goodbye everyone! Thank you for helping out! You’ve worked hard.” She said and left the room. Upon reaching the elevator door, she took out her mobile phone and dialed a number. “Ready?” After hearing the answer of the recipient, she said “Okay!”

Meanwhile the guest is walking through the pathways of MBC Building. All his schedules are finished for today. He smiled upon reaching the lobby.

His manager saw him and laughed.

“After all those years?” Manager Hyeong asked while laughing.

“You just earned a no fancy restaurant dinner Hyeong. Keep teasing me.” He answered still smiling.

“Ya! I’m taking back that question now.” And both of them laughed.

They waited at the front door of the building for their van when suddenly his phone rang. “Ready?” The person from the other line asked him. He answered, “I am well prepared.” He laughed hearing the person’s “Okay!” in response. “Aish, she is very energetic!” He looked up at the sky. “Such a beautiful night.” He said softly. He was surprised when he heard his manager Hyeong answered, “Keurae, I am 100% sure it will be a beautiful night.” He blushed that made his manager laughed. “Aigoo. Stop that Yonghwa-ssi.” He teased and pushed Yonghwa inside their van.

They are bound to the old CNBLUE dorm near their agency. When they decided to move and live separately from one another, they asked the CEO of the company to at least keep their old dorm intact. Since CNBLUE is the top profitable group of their agency, their CEO agreed. “Of course, I know it is not the main reason why you wanted to keep your old dorm.” Yonghwa smiled remembering their CEO’s words. “But I am all warning you to please be careful if you want to spend time at that dorm.” Yonghwa took out his mobile phone again and sent some messages. After making sure that he had sent it all out, he called their CEO. “Sajangnim, CNBLUE will be at the old dorm for tonight.” He said. Their CEO gave an approval in an instant. Han Sung Ho said, “Alright. Anyways, it is already time.” He smiled upon hearing the go signal from their CEO. “We don’t have the right timing Sajangnim.” He answered and hangs up. His manager Hyeong looked at him and smiled. He patted Yonghwa’s shoulder and said, “You have. And you can make the right timing after all.” They both looked at each other. Yonghwa already knew what his manager means. “Keurae, I can make it. We can make it.” He then put on his ear phones and put on replay the song he had been practicing few weeks ago. He wanted to do a cover of the song. He closed his eyes and hummed.

Her performance ended a little bit late. Tiredness was shown all over her face. She is looking at herself in the mirror and tracing the circles under her eyes. “Aigoo, you’re still beautiful. Don’t worry.” One person commented. She turns her head to face the owner of the voice. “Eonnie!” She greeted excitedly. “I am glad you came to see my performance.” She added. “Of course! How can we miss the fulfillment of your dreams?” The person answered. They hugged each other. “Gomawoyo unnie. I thought you will not watch the show anymore.” She said while pouting. She searched the room with her eyes. “Looking for someone?” Another familiar voice came. She again turns her head at the door and smiled brightly. She let go of her eonnie’s hand and happily ran to the door. “I though you will never come.” She said while hugging the person tightly too. “Aigoo, I thought you will be more than happy to see me. But heol, I guess I am mistaken.” Her Hyo Eonnie blurted out. She made sure Seohyun will hear the disappointment on her voice. And yes, she won. “Ya Eonnie! I am very happy to see you. Jinjjaa!” Seohyun said while leading the person at the door inside the room. “Gomawoyo Eonnies!” She said thankfully. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon had come to watch her performance for today. Due to busy schedules, two more of the members are left who haven’t watched her musical, Sunny and Yoona. Oh well, except for her Eonnie Jessica who under complicated circumstances will not be able to watch her perform anymore. At least she sent her congratulatory message and words of encouragement. Her Jessica Eonnie had been one of her strengths in reaching out for her dreams. Though situations separated them, their hearts will always be intertwined to each other. “We are so proud of you, Makane-yah.” Taeyeon said while helping Seohyun with her things. “You are daebak! Like what we said, if someone will ask us what will be the future of SNSD, we will always tell them to look at you.” Her Hyo Eonnie added. She smiled at the praises of her two eonnies. They are all aware of her dreams casting on musicals. If she will resign from being a member of SNSD, she can see herself as a musical actress. Indeed, she’s taking the steps to her dreams. “We will see you at the dorm?” Taeyeon asked her. “Our dorm? Waeyo?” Seohyun asked back. “Yoona is already here in Korea so we wanted to celebrate your success. We could spend the night at the dorm.” Hyoyeon answered. “Ahhh. Okay, eonnies.” “Alright! Hyoyeon added. After helping her out with her things, the two of them bid good bye to her. She still needs to stay for few more minutes for some production clarification since she is again scheduled for tomorrow for casting. “See you at the dorm, Maknae-yah! Don’t be late! Ahrasseo?” Hyoyeon reminded while both of them giggling. She nodded and waved back. She can still hear the fading giggles of her eonnies. She looked at her manager and asked, “Eonnie, they seemed so happy right?” Her manager eonnie just smiled at her.

“Hyeong, where will we put this?” Jungshin asked holding the scented candles. “Hyeong, is this okay?” Minhyuk also asked referring to the flowers he personally arranged. He tilted his head to again check. He seems not satisfied. “Hyeong, how about this?” He asked again after changing the position of the flower vase. “Hyeong, hyeong!” Jonghyun shouted. Yonghwa looked at him who is currently standing at a ladder. “You think this is better? I am thinking of not putting these things here. I could put the glow in the dark stars in the ceiling and remove these eh?” He said while going down.

“Hyeong, I am asking you. What about these candles?”

“Ya, Hyeong! I think these flowers are bit off here. Can I go down and purchase a different kind of flower?”

‘Hyeong, here are the glow in the dark stars. It will be good. Right?”

Yonghwa lies on the couch. He massaged his forehead. How is reuniting with the members be this chaotic?

“HYEONG!!!” The three of them shouted. His eyes widened in disbelief after hearing them shout.

“Ya! Are you all shouting at me?” He said and stood up. s answered in unison, “NO!”

Yonghwa went to Minhyuk who seems so engaged in the arrangement of the flowers in their living room. “Minhyuk-ah, these flowers are all fine. They are the best.” He said while returning back the bouquet of flowers in the vase that Minhyuk is holding. “You can add up more flowers of this kind there and there.” He added pointing to the other corners of the room. He gave thumbs up for him. Minhyuk smiled and said, “Okay, off to another assignment.” Yonghwa nodded. He then walked to Jungshin who is still holding the scented candles. “Here, Jungshin-ah. These candles perfectly fit here. Here, here and here.” He said as he put the candles in place. As soon as he finished, “See? It goes well.” Jungshin smiled. “Hyeong, I am amazed. It’s time for me to go to the kitchen!” And he went off. Yonghwa shouted, “Maknae-yah! Please cook it deliciously!” Jungshin affirmed by giving him an okay signal. He again smiled. “Now, for the two of us…” He said turning to Jonghyun. “Since you are a little bit taller than me, you go up the ladder again. And yes, the glow in the dark stars is good up there. It adds effect in the room.” He said and pushed Jonghyun to go up. Listening to his Hyeong, Jonghyun went up and put on the stars at the ceiling. Yonghwa on the other hand went to his bedroom to get something at his closet. After few minutes he came out with a red carpet on hand. Just then, their manager Hyeong came. “We seem so busy tonight.” He commented. “Ya, Hyeong!” Yonghwa said. “Ahra, ahra. Do you need any help?” He asked. “Oh, you don’t have to ask Hyeong. Just help.” Minhyuk answered coming back from his room with another bouquet of flowers on his hand. “Those are lovely dandelions.” Their manager Hyeong commented and smiled at Yonghwa. They decorated their room hand in hand. Jungshin is busy at the kitchen gets a little help from his Yonghwa Hyeong who wanted to put a personal touch of the dishes they will prepare. One then two hours passed and their doorbell rang. “I’ll get it Hyeong!” Jonghyun shouted. Upon opening of the door, he was greeted all smiles by 7 gorgeous ladies.

“Seohyun-ah, rest a while for a bit. In 30 minutes, we’ll be there.” Her manager eonnie said.

“I can still manage to be awake, eonnie.” Seohyun answered.

“You better rest. Take a nap. I’m pretty sure you won’t get enough sleep upon meeting THEM.”

Seohyun looked curiously at her manager. Does she have to emphasize the word THEM?

“Okay eonnie, I will. Please wake me up once we are near so that I could freshen up a little.”

“Ahrasseo.” Her manager eonnie answered and winked.

She became more curious now. When did she learn to be an aegyo queen? She put on her ear phones and played her most favorite song. “Geuh deh neun darling bam ha neuk byul bit boda ah reum da wuh yo neh mam sok gip peun got eh suh ban jjak guh li neun naman eh sarang bit.” She can sleep well every time she hears this song. She can sense the feelings of being in love for the first time. Sarangbit? Yonghwa calls her that. She closed her eyes and hummed.

Unaware of her surroundings, she was tapped by her manager eonnie after few minutes. “Seohyun-ah, we are here.” She opened her eyes upon hearing her manager. She rubbed her eyes. “Eonnie, I told you to wake me up when we are near. At least I could fix myself.” Seohyun said without looking at her eonnie. She grabbed her bag and went outside the van. As soon as she stepped out, she was shocked to see who welcomed her outside of the building.

“Annyeonghaseyo!”

Her jaw dropped. She looked around to check if there are people, or rather fans lurking at that area. She held on Minhyuk’s arms. “Annyeonghaseyo, Minhyuk-ah!” She greeted panicky. She whispered, “Ya, why are you here? No, what are you doing here? Someone might see us! Ani! What am I asking? It should be what am I doing here?!” Minhyuk just smiled. Seohyun was confused. Is something happening that she does not know? Her eyes searched for her manager eonnie. But Minhyuk held her in the arms and lead the way inside. “Whoah, Minhyuk-ah. You haven’t answered my question. People might see us.” But she got no response at all. She looked back. “Where is eonnie?” She asked while they walked inside the building.

“Jung Yong Hwa-ssi, you keep walking and walking to and fro. You’re making all of us dizzy here!” Tiffany blurted out. She stood up and walked to Yonghwa. “Stay put. Breathe and please, calm down!” She instructed. The other SNSD members are laughing. “What if this will not turn out good as to what I am expecting?” He asked looking at the people gathered in their dorm. ‘Omo, are you really expecting Yonghwa-ssi?” Sunny asked, making Yonghwa even more nervous. “Ya, Sunny-ssi!” He said. “Look, Yonghwa-ssi. You planned all of this. You should be prepared of whatever outcome you will get.” Taeyeon explained. Every one of them nodded in agreement. “Noona, have you tried the cream spaghetti I made?” Jungshin then asked Yuri. “Someone must have given you a delicious recipe Jungshin-ssi?” Yuri asked back smiling. “De noona. It is her favorite.” He answered. “Right. Must be accompanied of plenty vegetables and generous amount of cheese.” Yuri added and they both laughed. “It’s delicious though.” Yonghwa defended. “Of course, it is delicious. All of her recipes are delicious for you, Jung Yonghwa oppa.” Yoona then said. “Wae? Is your boyfriend telling that to you, too?” Jonghyun asked Yoona out of the blue. The whole room was filled with “Oh” from all of them. Jonghyun embarrassed, stood up and went to the dining table. “He hasn’t got over you yet, Yoona-ssi. Mianhae.” Yonghwa said and winked. “Ya Hyeong! I heard you!” Jonghyun shouted. And again, they all laughed. “See Yonghwa-ssi, you are more comfortable now. Just relax.” Sooyoung suggested. “I am excited!” Hyoyeon then blurted out. “Me too!” Another member shouted. “Yeah! Me too!” Jungshin joined in the crowd. “Aish! You are all making me nervous!” Yonghwa said. He sat down on the couch beside the other SNSD members. He breathes. “Yonghwa-ssi, why did you choose today?” Sunny asked. “Is this continuation of your radio show?” Yonghwa asked back. “Answer me, palli!” He sighed. He knows no one in SNSD ever gives up first. There is no use in avoiding their questions. “Today is very special to both of us.” He answered. “Wae?” All of them asked him curiously. “It has been 5 years since the first time that I met her.” He answered them smiling.

A week ago, Jung Yong Hwa visited his Twitter personal account and just like the usual, browsed all of his mentions. This is what the fans are unaware of. Yes people, Jung Yong Hwa is reading all of your mentions to him. Whether it is Korean, Mandarin, English or whatever language you are using, he makes sure he is browsing all of it, as much as possible. Sometimes he will find himself laughing alone. He sometimes tried reading out loud the fans mentions to him in other language. His tongue almost got twisted. And that one fine day, a hash tag caught his attention. #5YearswithYS

“Oh? It’s been 5 years already?” He asked himself. He recalled for how long people had been shipping him with the SNSD’s maknae, Seo Joo Hyun. They started We Got Married year 2010 and since then, both of their names are always linked with each other. He frowned. “That long already?” He asked in disbelief again.

“What is that long already, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi?” Said of a familiar voice.

Yonghwa flipped on his chair. “Ya, Sajangnim! You scared me!” He said.

“Wae? Why did I scare you? I just asked you a question. You’re talking to yourself. I must be the one scared here.”

“I am – what?”

“See? You’re out of your mind, too. Are you sure you are okay?”

Yonghwa nodded but curious.

“Yonghwa-ssi, you should go home now. Take a rest. You had been spending your extra time here in your producing room rather than resting at your apartment. We are not demanding anymore from you. You’ve helped the company a lot. And I don’t want to risk you getting weak and sick. Now, you’re talking to yourself. Must I send you to our company doctor?”

“Whoah! Slow down Sajangnim! First, I am very much fine. No worries, you know my body is not weak after all. Second, I am doing this not only for the company or you. I am also doing this for myself and for CNBLUE too.” He answered while showing his notes. Their CEO looked closely at his notes and saw that he had been scribbling wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter