Chapter Five

Beautiful Scars

The man in front of her smirked stepping closer, staring into Scarlett’s eyes deeply before stating confidently “the name’s Taemin, Lee Taemin.”

Scarlett’s eyes widened at ‘Taemin’s’ close proximity, her breath hitched in . Taemin’s smirk dropped, as he watched the fear in Scarlett’s eyes increase as Jun proceeded towards her, a creepy smile breaking out on his face making Scarlett feel uneasy. 
Taemin looked over his shoulder and glared at him, growling slightly. “Back off Jun, I’m not sharing this one” he snarled as Jun confusedly stared at Taemin. 

“W-what? Why not?!” he questioned uncomprehendingly. Taemin focused back on Scarlett whose breathing came out in short, shaky puffs. “She’s mine” he declared dominantly. Scarlett stopped breathing as she felt slightly faint, her legs resembling jelly. Just before Scarlett hit the ground, Taemin caught hold of her waist tightly and held her to his chest as her eyes rolled into the back of her head. The last thing she heard was a mere whisper meant for her ears only… “I’ll keep you safe, Scar. I’ll keep you safe.” 

*Darkness*

Scarlett’s eyes opened before shutting tightly from the sunlight that beamed down onto her face. Blinking rapidly, she glanced around at her surroundings, she was laying safely in the comfort of her own bed. Scarlett’s eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as she rubbed her eyes to rid away her sleepy state. “Max?” she yelled, but no response. She glanced over at the clock and noted it was afternoon, Max would be at university. 

Scarlett attempted to land safely on her feet as she climbed out of bed, and slowly walking to the bathroom, her small, frail hands clutched the sink and she stared at her reflection. Scarlett gasped at the sight, her sickly looking pale face staring back at her, mouth parted and eyes wide. She turned the knob of the tap and washed her face relieved to feel the cool sensation. Just as she pat her face dry with a towel, she heard her mobile phone begin to ring in the bedroom. Slightly groaning, Scarlett trudged back into the bedroom and scavenged for her phone, eventually finding the source of the noise.

 

I will be seeing you soon Scar – T xx

 

Scarlett’s eyes widened as she read over the text numerous times before remembering her encounter the previous night. Taemin..... She felt slightly dizzy and faint just thinking about him, her legs beginning to shake and breathing increased. She placed her cool hand on her forehead, a vast contrast to the now burned up area. 

Scarlett slowly walked towards the doorway, before peering over her right shoulder at the window. Hurriedly she strolled over and glanced outside noticing a few identifiable cars, just as she was about to close the blinds she noticed a black range rover parked opposite her apartment. Scarlett’s eyes squinted attempted to see through the tinted windows. 
There’s someone in there. She thought, it can’t be, it can’t be him surely. Can it? 
Scarlett shook her head and closed the blinds, beginning to think she was going mad. He wouldn’t know where I live you goose, she chastised herself.

 

She needed some air, fresh air and after her stressful night a nice walk would be exactly what Scarlett needed. Getting changed out of her pajamas and into something more comfortable, Scarlett tied up the laces on her Nike runners and clad her hair in a messy bun atop her head. Locking the apartment door behind her, she jogged down the stairs and out into the fresh air. The sun was out, beaming down on her face and immediately warming her skin. As Scarlett approached the sidewalk, she noted the black range rover remained parked ahead of her. She quickly began her walk in the opposite direction and took a deep breath before sighing. You’re being ridiculous. Through the quiet afternoon on the street, a car door slamming was heard and Scarlett immediately stopped in her tracks sensing something was not right. Turning around, Scarlett glanced at the suspicious vehicle and scanned the area, noting was there ,no movement.

Scarlett then glanced ahead of her; maybe this should be a quick walk, she thought as she desired to be back in the confines of her own apartment. Continuing her walk Scarlett smiled at the birds chirping happily in tune in the trees, her feet crunching the autumn leaves on the gravel. Scarlett peeked down at her feet and noticed one of her shoe laces were undone, stopping abruptly to bend down and tie it back up.
 

Although, another pair of footsteps failed to cease and a sharp intake of breath was heard. Finishing tying up her shoe lace, Scarlett peered between her legs to see a pair of black boots. “Nice view” she heard a husky voice mumble, as she straightened up immediately, turning around to meet a pair of dark brown eyes staring at her. “T-Taemin? What are you doing here?” she spoke shakily, stuttering slightly. “Nice to see you too, kitten.”