Eleven

Sanctuaria

It's 5:00 p.m.

Joohyun is sitting on the couch, flipping through the channel. I'm beside her, with ice cream tube on my hand. The flavour is chocolate, which is my favourite. How did I get this ice cream tube is a mystery since I found it on the dining table. There's no note attach to it. I try to ask Joohyun about it, but she just shrug and start ing her uniform. Nevertheless, I take it and start eating it anyway. 

Joohyun still flipping through channel and me eating the ice cream when suddenly the door bang. We both jump in surprise, and Joohyun is the first person to recover from the shock. She put aside the remote and briskly walk to the hallway, leaving me alone. I lean on the couch, waiting for her when suddenly she scream my name.

"Ji Ae!"

I quickly jump from the couch and run to the hallway. When I arrive at the door, I see her back facing me. I grab her shoulder and spun her around. "What's wrong?" I ask, panting slightly. She doesn't answer at first. She just duck her head, letting her black hair cascade on her face.

"What's wrong, Joohyun?" I repeat.

At first, she doesn't give a response. But then suddenly, her shoulders rumbling like she's laughing about something. She raises her head, and I gasp when I see her eyes shining red. Before I can give any response, she grab my neck and knock my head with her forehead.