HD Youtube Playback

⎡Designs of a Muse⎦« Layout Tutorials »
 
 
 HD youtube Playback
Many of you will, at one stage or another, be looking to embed a Youtube video into your story. Whether it be for a story trailer or as part of an apply fic. 

This post will look at how you can force a Youtube video to automatically play in HD quality for any video you embed (as long as HD playback is available for that particular video).

Let's have a look:

 

This video will play in Auto mode.

To force a video into HD, simply add vq=HD720 (for 720p quality) or vq=HD1080 (for 1080p quality). Keep in mind that the video needs to be available at these resolutions for this to work.

The code to embed a Youtube video is found simply by going to the video Youtube link and clicking on Share > Embed > More, and then choosing your video size options. However, it seems that the size of the player will impact on the quality of the video, if you want to play in 720, the smallest dimensions you can have is 853x480.

This is the code from Youtube
< iframe width="853" height="480" src="[Your own video Youtube link will be here]?rel=0&;controls=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen >< /iframe >

You need to replace the highlighted section with the vq=hd(whatever quality value  you want i.e. 720 or 1080).

Let's play the same video again, this time with forced HD720p:



Do let me know if this has any issues since AFF keeps changing their video compatibilities, not to mention Youtube itself.

   

 


S
C
R
O
L
L