Text Boxes P2.

⎡Designs of a Muse⎦« Layout Tutorials »
 
 
 Text Boxes p2.
Now that you know how to create a text box, let's get to modifying it's appearance. In Part 1, we adjusted the style, color and size of the border.

In Part 2, we will look at adjusting height and width. There are two ways to do this, both can be considered simple, but I do find that one is easier to use than the other.

You can use exact pixel quantities in the code:

< div style="background:#ffffff;border:2px solid #000000;width:400px;height:25px;" > Enter desired text. < /div >

Enter desired text.
Or you can use percentage values:

< div style="background:#ffffff;border:2px solid #000000;width:50%;height:10%;" > Enter desired text. < /div >

Enter desired text.

I find that using pixel values will give you greater control over how small or large you want your box, but using percentage values is  quicker than having to figure out how many pixels will make a box full screen. It should also be noted that the number of pixels to fit a full screen will vary depending on the monitor you use while editing. However, once a layout is saved, it will adjust itself when viewed again.

It is important to remember that the layout you see in editing mode will not be what you see once you save and publish. You need to be constantly saving and viewing your finished layout, in order to make sure that all the colors are what you want it to be and everything is in the correct position.
   

 


S
C
R
O
L
L