I'll Try

From The Bottom

Sunggyu slid down the wall outside his apartment, head held down as he sobbed the quietest of sobs. The silent tears creeped down his smooth cheeks, slipping down into his shirt.

His eyes scrunched up, fists alike as he tried forcing the abstract feeling out his pores. He tensed his body, keeping everything in, keeping all his pain, keeping all his frustration in, till he ran out of oxygen.

His body gasped for sweet air around, heaving in the air and the scent around him. His head tilted back, head thudding against the concrete behind him.

 

You just had to meet me when I was at rock bottom.

 

A door in front of him clicked, earning his attention. A girl stood a mere meter of two away from him. Looking at him with saddened bright eyes. He met her eyes, as did she to his, both strangers holding the heated moment as if it hung by a thin thread.

She smiled meekly at him, and continued her way into her apartment.

 

The rain tapped on the glass outside thier room. The soothing sound of rain echoing through the quiet apartment, and the soft sound of traffic in the metropolis of Seoul city at dusk.

Sunggyu breathed in the sweet scent of japanese blossoms, the familiar smell calming him. His fingers twiddled with silky smooth strands of hair that made his world rid itself of one more worry. His eyes searched the bright one's of his lover's, scratching off another brain wracking notion into an untapped abyss of his mind. His thumb carressed the smooth curve of her cheekbone, unconciously relaxing the muscles in his body.

He inched his lips to hers, a nanometer apart, enjoying the moment reaching to the . The ride to the top. The last step to a puzzle. He looked into her eyes, closing the gap with a soft press of his lips to hers, letting the never ending fuse to the reason he loved her light up.

 

I'm sorry again that this small room and this low ceiling is the sky; that I am your umbrella and the rain.

 

He didn't know how she did it but he was thankful never the less. One thought of her when the tumbled back down to where he started was enough to spark his willpower to continue. The sight of her when he was thrown to the side made it feel like he was only getting ready to face the real thing.

But her presence. Her presence made the biggest difference to his world. He felt on top of the world. He felt like nothing could ever stop him.

 

Baby I'll try. Someday I'll be the best for you.

 

Sometimes he wanted to hold the weight of both their worries in his own hands. He wished that she didn't need to carry half his burdens along with her own. He wished she'd show her weakness to her. He wished for her to let her walls down down. He wished for her to let him carry the weight of their worlds.

 

If I can't I'll change the world for you.

 

But that was all thoughts. All he wished to do. All he wished to do was to return the favour to her. The kind deed of helping him pick up his abused heart; of helping him wear it proudly on his sleeve; of promising to spend their life times together; of her loving him.

 

Today it's just words, but girl I'll try.

 

He smiled at her lying together on the bed. Their fingers laced together a silver diamond ring glistening when the light caught it. He kissed the precious rock, littering soft pecks along her arm, shoulder, neck and cheek. He breathed out, as did she, letting their breaths mingle. He looked at her, looking into her eyes, searching out curiousity. He smiled at her, bringing their foreheads together. His lips briefly skimmed her own heat skin, before muttering three simplr words that pushed him closer to what he wished for:

 

I love you.