The Future Director Of Lee Corporation Is....

The Missing Love That He Has To Find

 

Lee Corporation directors: Lee Myungryu and Lee Kwangjun are both in their officee doing their very own work. Kwangjun, the assistant director was writing records and arranging papers whil Myungryu reads some reports on the companies needs and business.
 
3 in the afternoon and not too long later when a knock on the door was heard. Kwangjun was the one to tell the visitor to open the door and so came in their children.
 
Both stepped to the front of the director's desk and bowed.
 
"Appa, you've called for us?", Minji asked.
 
"Yes, dear. Now please take a sit", Myungryu ordered with a smile.
 
Both sat and Jinki asks a question."So why did you call us here, sir?", he asked and Myungryu smiled brighter.
 
"Oh, please, Jinki. Just call me uncle. We've all known each other since you were young", Myungryu chuckled.
 
"Oh, I understand. So what would be the reason you called us here?".
 
"Today's the day when we decide which of you will be the director of this very company", Kwangjun replied from behind.
 
"What? It's time? Why so sudden, father?".
 
"Let's just say that it is now the right time to do such thing. Both of us aregetting old and soon enough, we would retire", ,Myungryu sighed.
 
"But, uncle, our training is still not complete. And we're too young for this. We're still teenagers, uncle. I'm 16 and she's 15. We still have school and wouldn't this add up to our already hectic schedules?".
 
"Relax, Jinki. I'm just saying that we're to choose today not to make you work immediately. Lately, since the age of 13, we've already started your training and now we think both of you are ready for the next stage of training. The training already includes the decision of who would be the future director of the company. As this is decided, both of you will begiven trainings now different from each other".
 
"Oooh. So that's how it goes", Jinki let out.
 
"Okay. We have chosen some people to judge which is which but they wouldn't be available til later at 4. So for the meantime, do as you please", Myungryu smiled and so both directors resumed their work.
 
Jinki, who has now decided to stop asking, turns to look at Minji who is now listening to music as she reads a novel. Feeling his stares, she looks at him and releases a smile.
 
Jinki, smiles back and pulls out his Ipad. He puts on his glasses and started reading some articles.
 
(A/N: Nerdies~ Just kidding^_^)
 
After less than an hour,a nother knock on the door was heard.
 
"Oh! They're here", Myungryu let out.
 
"You may come in", Kwangjun called and so the doors openeds, revealing five employees stepping in.
 
Enumerating them, they are Brian Joo-the business manager, Choi Gina-the entertainment manager, Lee Gunwoo- the fashion manager, Park Jungsu-the variety manager and Kim Sunggyu-the assistant variety manager.
 
Smiles were seen on them and a smile was also seen on Myungryu's face. The two children stood in respect for their arrival. Myungryu immediately stood to shake the hands of his very own employees.
 
"Welcome, Mr. Joo. Long time no see", Myungryu greeted.
 
"Mr. Lee, it isn't really a long time. It's been only one month", Brian smiled.
 
"Too me, it is considered long. How was vacation?".
 
"It's very fine, sir. I'm really happy about returning to my hometown. Thank you so much for making me have this vacation".
 
"My pleasure", Myungryu smiled and started to talk to the other employees.
 
"It's nice of you to come here. Oh! Pardon. This is my daughter Minji and Kwangjun's son, Jinki. These are the two who you'll be choosing from".
 
"Annyeonghaseyo", the two greeted with a 90 degree bow.
 
Seeing the two, the employees gave them a smile and bowed in response.
 
"Wah~You guys raised them well. A fine young man and a beautiful young lady", Brian complemented.
 
"Kamsahamnida", they thanked.
 
Once they finished with the intorductions, they wanted to talk more but they were interupted as Kwangjun speaks to remind of what they're here for at the very hour. All agreed to get on with it and immediately took their sits. Questions were asked and answers were observed. 
 
Every answer the two children gave the employees are observed well and by the end of noon, it is finally decided. Both are now infront of the employees waiting for their answers. Brian Joo stood up and gave both a smile.
 
"I may say that both of you are very outsatnding to be the director of this company but as decided...the director--future director of the Lee Corporation will be Miss Lee", Brian Joo announced.
 
Hearing this, a bright smile appeared on Minji's face. She felt happy and then recieves a hug from her father who was very proud of her. She looks beside her father's hug to find Jinki looking at her with a smile. She slowly approaches him and gives him a hug and he hugs her back as well.
 
"Congratulations, Miss Director :)", Jinki congratulated with a smile.
 
"Kamsahamnida, oppa. Sorry for getting the director's position. I mean you could've gotten it yourself", Minji apologized.
 
"Aniyo. Don't worry about it. You deserve it more than I do. I still got the assistant director's position. Shouldn't you congratulate me with that?".
 
"Haha. You're right. Oppa, congratulations for your success", Minji smiled and so Jinki ruffled her hair.
 
Minji broke the hug and went to the employees who are now congratulating her for her success.
 
Jinki watched her from behind with one bright smile and he was filled with porudness for her. He was happy for her and he was happy for himself as well.
 
"Sooner or later, I'll be confessing my love for you, Minji-ah. It's an achievement of a lifetime for me", he muttered secretly.
 
Just then, KwAangjun approaches his son to tell him that they need to talk. Jinki followed his father to the men's restroom and so they started to talk.
 
"I can't believe it. I can't believe it!", his father exclaimed.
 
"Can't believe what, father?".
 
"I can't believe they chose hwer over you. How come you weren't chosen?!".
 
"Because, she deserves the position more?".
 
"Oh, I don't think so. What I think was that you didn't exert too much effort on what you've been doing", Kwangjun theorized.
 
Jinki only shook his head and gave his father a small frown."Appa, just so you know, I've been over working myself lately. I barely had enough sleep and I've never focused on anything except my studies and training. You call that not exerting effort?!", he questioned.
 
"Why? Are you blaming me? I said what you told me to say! I was planning to answer such thing but you were the one to make me answer in a wrong way. Father, blame yourself for this. I have nothing to do with my failure of getting the director's position".
 
"Oh~So now you're blaming me on the reason, huh?! Jinki, you deserve the position more than her. Look at you. You're smart, good looking and you've got many advantages. Unlike Minji who is not much smart as you are. There isn't much that would get a boy attracted to her. She's a nerdy. She mostly cares about and stuff instead of other important things. She--".
 
"Aigh, Appa!", Jinki let out,"She got the postion and so she got it. Nerdy? Petty? Aish, Appa....She's not petty at all. Reading books such as novels are an advantage to her vocabulary".
 
"Pfft. How?".
 
"She's reading English, Chinese and Tagalog novels! Even Japanese, father".
 
"Yeah, right! Linguistics. Outstanding! Very outstanding. Why can't you become more like her next time?".
 
"Just which side are you in?!", Jinki yelled.
 
"Your side! I'm always on your side since you were born, Jinki but I'm losing hope since you always fail to succeed over Minji".
 
"Why won't you trust me? Isn't achieving the director's position enough?".
 
"No, it isn't. I ezpected that you woul get that position but you didn't".
 
"Father, why--".
 
"DON'T talk, Jinki. Now, I will ask you to go home and study. Your training starts tomorrow so get ready", Kwangjun interupted.
 
"Alright, just let me say goodbye to Uncle and Minji".
 
"No! GO NOW!", he demanded and Jinki immediately turns to the door. He looks back to give his father another frown.
 
"What are you waiting for?! GO!".
 
"Argh! What kind of father are you?!", Jinki yelled before slamming the door shut.
 
Kwangjun didn't care at all and went of the room a few minutes later. He returns to his office where he found the others talking to each other. Their attention was taken when he closes the door.
 
"Oh, uncle!", Minji let out as he approached him.
 
Kwangjun bowed in response and Minji bowed as well.
 
"Where's Jinki?", she asked him and Kwangjun gave her a smile.
 
"Something came up so he has to go. He sends his congratulations to you".
 
"Mm. Thank you. We were going to a restaurant to celebrate. Would you like to come?".
 
Kwangjun gave her a smile and ruffled her hair."Sorry, kid. But I have other things to do", he told her before sitting himself down by his desk.
 
"Really? You sure?".
 
"Yeah. I'll come with you guys next time", he said as he opens a file of papers.
 
"Oh okay. We're going now. Is this okay for you?".
 
"Yeah, sure. Just go on and have some fun :)", he chuckled and so they went out leaving Kwangjun to do his work.
 
 
 
Minji's Pov:
 
Minji and her father had just arrived minutes ago and now she has sat herself in front of her desk in order to read another novel. Minutes of reading later, she stops as something came to mind. She immediately closes the book to stand up before getting her cellphone.
 
 
 
Phone Conversation:
___________________________
 
MJ: Oppa, you awake?
 
....
 
JK: Mm. I am :)
 
MJ: We went to a restaurant a while ago. We were supposed to bring you with is but uncle said that you had to go somewhere since something came up.
 
JK: Yeah. I had to go somewhere. Sorry...
 
MJ: Oppa, you okay?
 
JK: Mm. Just stressed out.
 
MJ: What are you doing now?
 
JK: Studying...
 
MJ: Why don't you get some rest?
 
JK: I can't. I have to finish my tasks first.
 
MJ: *sighs* Oppa, you've been overworking yourself since last month. You need to rest?
 
JK: It's okay. No need. I can handle it. You should go to sleep now. It's getting late.
 
MJ: Aniyo
 
JK: Wae?
 
MJ: I'm not going to until you do.
 
JK: Alright. If I sleep, you'll sleep.
 
MJ: Yes
 
JK: Alright *closes books and returns them to back* There. I returned my books in my bag. All I have to do is take a night shower, dress up then go to sleep.
 
MJ: Very good, oppa.  Bye. I have to go now by the way.
 
JK: Ah! Minji, wait.
 
MJ: Yes?
 
JK: Do you want to hang out tomorrow? You know...just the two of us.
 
MJ: Sure :) Anything for a friend. I'm free tomorrow anyway.
 
JK: Okay  :) Where shall we meet?
 
MJ: Hmm...Aah~What about the ice cream near the mall?
 
JK: Okay. Which mall?
 
MJ: _____ Mall. 4 o' clock at noon.
 
JK: Sure. Let's meet there.
 
MJ: Goodnight, oppa :)
 
JK: Goodnight, Minji
 
-END-
 
 
 
Next day at 3pm
 
"Umma, I'm home", Minji called from the door and her mom greets her with a hug.
 
"Hey, sweety~Welcome home. Our maid just finished cooking lunch. Come, let's eat", she said.
 
"No thank you. I'm hanging out with Jinki later. Might as well save my appetite just in cae", she said and her mother smiles.
 
"Oh~is it a date? I knew it!  Hah. There is something going between the two of you", her mom laughed out as she sat herself on the chair.
"I don't know, mom. I mean, how would he even like me? I do nothing but read books most of the time. Wouldn't he think I'm a boring girl? Even though I've liked him for long now, I think it's impossible for us to be together", Minji said sitting herself on the chair beside her.
 
"Question...Are you saying the lines that you just read from your current novel?", her mom asked as she looks at her daugther.
 
"Umma, I'm serious. I mean it", Minji told her and her mom rests her chin on a fist.
 
"Really?".
 
"Umma!", Minji whined.
 
"DOn't worry. I'm just kidding with you", her mom says.
 
"Ugh...Okay. I'm going upstairs now...to change", Minji said as she stood.
 
"Sure, sweety and oh! How was piano lessons?".
 
"Great! It went well. Mrs. Lui complemented me saying that she may not need to teach me anymore since I'm already at her level myself. She thinks I'm a prodigy".
 
"You are, sweety. You've learned to play a piano with random keys since 5. All you only had to do is learn what note is each key you were pressing".
 
"I just learned it by guess. No big deal".
 
"It is, dear. Go on. You may go now. You don't want to keep Jinki waiting, right?".
 
Minji nodded."Mm. Arasso :)".
 
Minji was now about to leave the room when a scream was heard from somewhere around the house.
 
"What was that?", Minji asked.
 
Her mom had stopped eating to listen carefully.
 
"W-who are you? How did you get in? You are not supposed to be here!", one of the maids let out then other crashing sounds were heard and after that...gun shots!
 
Minji was getting worried and she decides to leave the room to help. But before she could even twist the door knob, the door barges open as her father runs in to lock the door and running to them to warn them of what's going on.
 
"Appa, what's happening out there?", Minji asked.
 
"Shh...they'll hear you. There are some unknown people out there looking for us. Come now. We must find a place to hide", her father said.
 
Myungryu started to search for more hiding places but none seemed to work.
 
Then BANG! Our doorn was kicked open and there enters an unkwon man infront of us.
 
"Who are you and what do you want from us?", Myungryu asked hugging his wife and child tight.
 
The hooded man held his hood and pulled it down making the three gasp.
 
 
 
_____________________________
 
And I shall stop there and sorry for the cliffhanger
 
I seriously have to sleep now cause we have to go somewhere tomorrow morning
 
Please leave a comment and subsribe :)
 
Thank you :)