The Most Precious Gift

The Most Precious Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A man wrote hastily. His eyes looked at the text book, read and flipped it several times, then copied the answer to the paper.

"Aaah, one more to go." the man groaned.

He opened the small notebook and read his next task, "Essay about traditional music... on A4 paper... and WHAT?!"

The man shouted to see the underlined word. NO TYPED, USE HANDWRITING

"Meanie professor! What's the use of computer if you still have to hand write your task!"

He glanced at the clock beside his bed. It's 23.30 PM, 7 February 2015.

"Oh? Today is 7? So tomorrow... It's my birthday!" he exclaimed.

His lips curved upward. "I bet I'll get a birthday message from Gyu hyung in 10 minutes."

His heart beated fast, he imagined what would Sunggyu sent him. The man, Woohyun, started to write his last task happily. No grunt, sigh, or complaining word came out from his mouth. He wrote the essay easily because suddenly many ideas popped up from his head. Maybe that's what people said the power of love... Just maybe...

 

The next time Woohyun glanced at the clock, it showed 00.15 AM, 8 February 2015.

"Whoaa! Happy birthday, Woohyunie..." he congratulated himself.

He reached his phone that's lied on the bed. There's no missed call but there were some messages. He pressed "open" to see the sender. His smile faltered when he found no message from Sunggyu.

"Maybe... he oversleeps... or... aah... I know, it's not 8 yet in Korea. Yeah, maybe he forgets that it's an hour earlier here." Woohyun nodded.

And he continued writing his essay.

 

An hour later

"Finally... Thank God, I finish the essay!" Woohyun danced a small victory dance.

After calming down, he checked his phone again. Two messages from Sung... yeol.

"Aaargh! Pabo Yeol! Why does you have to have same first name?"

He read the messages but they didn't make his day better.

First message,

From: Sungyeol

생일 축하해, 형 ^^

ㅋㅋㅋ I hope you can read Hangul still ㅋㅋㅋ

Sorry, no calling. It is expensiveㅠㅠ

P.S.

Pay my bill this month.

This message costs high >.<

Woohyun rolled his eyes. It's only a year. How come he lost his ability to read Hangul? The broken English that Sungyeol used also made him cringed.

Second message,

From: Sungyeol

Haha, I thought I was the first one who send you the bday message but I guessed I was wrong. I forgot that it's an hour earlier there.

Anyway, have a good day, hyung. You're getting older. Kkk...

(he used full Korean this time XD)

"What the... Urgh! That kid!" Woohyun messed up his hair in frustration. Still no message from Sunggyu.

"Whatsoever! I don't care. That forgetful hyung always forgets my birthday." he grumbled.

Woohyun lied his body on the bed, prayed for Sungyeol's first wish came true. He wanted a good day. There's nothing worst than have a bad day on your birthday, not to mention he's also in a foreign country. So the feeling must be doubled.

A moment later, he fell asleep.

 

In the morning

"Hoaaam..." Woohyun stretched his limb. He rubbed his eyes to take the sleepiness away. He leaned his body to the head board.

"It's Sunday. I don't have anything to do. Hmm... Should I just spend my day by sleeping? Naah, that's a waste. But I don't want to go out too. Ottohke?"

He sunk down until his body lied on the bed again. Not so long after, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter