What is Love

Saranghae (I Love You)

Saranghae (I Love You)

Chapter 2: What is Love

I lost my mind the moment I saw you.

Except you, everything get in slow motion.

Tell me if this is love.

Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you.

Fighting, crying, and hugging.

Tell me if this is love.

-E-XO- What is Love

Recap

Was this hill really that big? Harry thought as he continued his painful dance with the grass. Just as he finished forming that sentence, his back connected with a thump at the base of the hill in a finishing move.

"Oof."

Harry lay on the ground, worn out from that impromptu gymnastics lesson. A crash not a few seconds later had him flinching.

My bike, he internally whined. The sound of hurried footsteps had him squinting upwards.

"Are you all right?"


Harry blinked when he caught sight of fluorescent blonde hair.

"Well, my face was too intimately involved with dirt for my liking, but some bruises won't kill me," shrugged Harry as he was hauled to his feet, accepting the extended hand. "My bike, however…"

He glanced cautiously at the remains of his transport, resting brokenly a few feet away. Clasping his hands in a prayer, he closed his eyes somberly.

R.I.P Firebolt. You will be dearly missed.

"I can fix it."

Harry's head whipped around so fast he heard a crack. With a small exclamation of pain, he grabbed the back of his neck and rubbed it tenderly.

"What?"

"I can fix it if you want," the blond gave a sheepish smile, "because it was partially my fault for breaking it."

"Thanks!" Harry gave a silly grin as he wheeled the bike back up the hill with the other male by his side. The brunet stared curiously when his companion crouched down to carefully scoop up spilled noodles back into a styrofoam box and toss it in a trashcan. Feeling emerald eyes examining him, the male shot him a slight smile.

"It was my lunch," he explained. "I dropped it when I ran after you."

"Oh," Harry felt a twinge of guilt at those words.

"This way," the other said, guiding them out of the park, "I know an auto shop where I can repair your bike."


Harry sat on a swivel chair, restlessly turning from side to side, feeling utterly useless as he only watched his bike being repaired. The blond crouched on the cement floor, concentrating intensely on his task. Even though he felt uncomfortable with the silence, Harry didn't want to interrupt the other's focus. He observed the garage they were in instead, taking in the peeled paint of the walls and the slightly stained, oily floor. It was rather crowded in there, packed with broken motorbikes and beat-up, damaged cars, as expected of a repair shop. His head snapped back to the blond when he heard a stomach grumble. Although he acted like it was nothing and continued fixing the bike, Harry could see his ears turning pink from embarrassment. He bit his lip before nodding his head decisively.

Standing up, Harry called out, "I'll be back," softly, and when he received a slight nod in return, he ran out of the open garage. He looked around and around before spotting a quant food restaurant across the street.

Something well liked but also something I can eat, he pondered, Jjajangmyeon?

He looked at the pizzeria nearby and pouted. But I want to eat pizza, too.

"What to do, what to do?" Harry murmured to himself.

Through much deliberation and self-debate, he opened the door to the pizzeria. It was very clean, he noted, making a silly face at his reflection on the floor.

"Are you ready to order?" a girl with a bright smile asked.

"Yeah," he said, stepping forward. "Could I have a large combo pizza?"

"Coming right up," she beamed, handing him the receipt. After she placed the order to the person in the kitchen, the girl plopped onto the counter playfully, her eyes shining mischievously.

"What do I?" she whined cutely. "I just saw a handsome blonde guy this week, now there's you!"

Immediately, an image of his bike-fixer popped in his head.

"Would he happen to be the same one who fixes cars in that shop close by?"

She perked up with her ponytail bobbing with her as she nodded.

"Yeah, that's him. He's a regular here."

"Really?" Harry smiled, giddy that he made the correct choice. "Do you know what's his favorite?"

The girl tilted her head to the side, thinking.

"He gets different things every time, but he seems to like the Hawaiian one."

"Could I get one?" he asked, pulling out his wallet.

"Sure!"

Harry waited patiently for his pizzas, chatting with the cashier every now and then. When she handed him the boxes, he could smell the delicious scent of the food radiating through the cardboard. Waving with one hand to the friendly girl, he exited the shop and skipped back to the garage, ignoring the curious glances sent his way. Harry didn't know why felt so happy all of a sudden.

Was it because of the food? he wondered. His stomach quickly answered for him as it growled. Yep, it was.

Once he got closer to the garage, he started to sing and dance the chorus of Growl from E-XO but also being mindful of the pizzas he was carrying.

Harry looked up when he heard a snort of laughter, seeing the blond eyeing him mirthfully from his seat on the short wooden stool.

The brunet smiled, thinking he might as well go all out, setting the boxes on the ground before dropping to the floor himself, rapping awkwardly to Chanyeol's part, still dancing. When he finished the rap, he grabbed the pizzas and walked into the garage.

"Did I perform well?" he inquired, plopping back onto the swivel chair.

"Yeah, you're singing was good, but you're rap," the blond trailed off, looking away.

"I know, I know, it's not the best," Harry said before handing him the boxes. "Eat up."

"Eh? For me?"

Harry couldn't resist the smile at the confused look on the other's face.

"Of course, why would I buy two boxes for one person?"

With that said, the two dug in. Harry was surprised to find that the blond was actually rather talkative, speaking comfortably with him. Harry learned a lot about him, like how he apparently "worked with idiots"—"Did he really set his own house on fire?!"— but were good people. The silence before must have been because of his devoted focus on fixing his bike.

"You must really like pizza," commented Harry, seeing the other reach for his sixth slice.

"Love it."

Harry set down his own plate, too full to eat anymore, stretching before he was reminded of his bike.

"Is it done?" he gestured to it.

At the other's nod, Harry gave it a test ride around the shop before grabbing his backpack from the floor.

"Thanks for your hard work," he bowed, riding out of the garage.

"What about the food?!" Harry heard a voice call out after him.

"Keep it!" he shouted back, heading toward his apartment complex.

I hope I meet him again. He seems like a nice person, Harry thought, remembering the gentle, firm hands helping him up and the same hands diligently working on his bike, the warm, excited smile as pizza was given to him. He wouldn't mind crashing his bike once more if it meant meeting that stranger again.

Harry paused in his thoughts, before letting out a yell, scaring the people around him.

"I forgot to ask for his name!"