The Curse from Moon

A JOURNAL OF FANTASY ~a one-shot compilation~

On a beautiful full moon night, a young man ran along the dark street. He was pale and drenched with sweat. Fear was written all over his face. He was tired of running but he did not have enough time. He must arrives to the forest soon. 

 

He should not be like this. He should be enjoying the lampion festival, meet his friends, and eat his favorite foods. But he could not do that anymore since that night. He lived in a curse since years ago. 

 

"The power of moon will punish you till the end of your life. You must run and hide from moonlight if you want to survive", said that old seer. 

 

He ran faster and ignored everything around him. 

 

"Kim sshi..." 

 

He heard a girl voice called his name but he kept running passed the girl. He just wanted to arrive the forest soon and passed this night. 

 

The smile on the girl's face quickly turned into a disappointing pout. She turned around and shouted at his back. 

 

"YAH! HOW COULD YOU IGNORE ME? KIM SSHI!" 

 

She grunted and stomped the ground before decided to follow him. Although she was a fast runner, she was still away behind him. 

 

'Why is he in a rush? This is not the way to lampion festival. This leads to the forest. What is he doing on the forest around this time?' 

 

She was drunk in curiosity. 

 

He reached the edge of forest but he did not slow his pace. He ran to the middle of forest. He finally stopped after he reached a small field he used to stop every month. He panted and looked at the sky. The thick cloud still covered half of the moon. He sighed in relief. 

 

She finally caught him. She panted while rested her back behind a nearby tree. 

 

'Does he meet someone secretly here?' She rubbed her arms with her hands. 'It is so cold tonight.' 

 

She slowly took a peek and widened her eyes. She quickly closed . 

 

He was standing half with his hanbok lying on the ground. He faced the full moon. A weird but familiar tense built up inside him. Slowly he transformed into a werewolf. 

 

Her legs were trembling. She did not believe what she just witnessed. She took a step backward and stepped a dried branch. He turned to her. She jolted and fell down. He slowly approached her. 

 

"Kim sshi... I am sorry. Please do not hurt me." 

 

He did not recognise her. He saw her as a prey. She stood up and ran faster. 

 

"HELP!" 

 

He jumped on her and pinned her down. She cried when his claws were digged into her flesh. 

 

"Kim sshi... Please. Don't." 

 

He growled and attacked her. He bit her down. 

 

"WOOBIN OPPA..." 

 

She screamed his name out in pain till it was silent throughout the forest. 

 

*** 

 

It was early morning when he opened his eyes. He sat up and stretched. He felt so weirdly fresh but he did not know why. He stood up and extended his arm to take his hanbok. His eyes widened. He raised his hands and looked at his body. Dried blood was splashed there. 

 

'Blood? Whose blood? What's happened last night?' 

 

He looked around and saw a horror scene. She was lying there motionless with blood drenched her pretty hanbok. He approached her and knelt beside her. With shaking hands, he examined the visible scars on her body. His eyes clouded with guilty and sadness tears. He took her body and hugged her. 

 

"Why you were here? Did you follow me? You should not follow me, stupid girl! Why you so stupid?" cried him. "I am sorry..." 

 

He carried her to the nearby river. He cleaned all dried blood from her exposed skin. Gently he put her on there and let the river drowning her body. He stood there till he could not see her corpse before leaving that place.