0 0 3

Beyond the Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R   T H R E E  

 O v e r   t h e   B o u n d a r i e s 

 

 

 "Chaelin, I cant sense her anywhere. She must be hidden or way deep within the forest" Dara told her leader in an exasperated tone. The four Ainas have been searching for Mirae for nearly three hours now. And with every passing hour that goes by, they grow more and more worried. Or if you're Chaelin- angry. Chaelins eyes glowed a vibrant, icy purple as her eyes seeked out the forest ahead of her. Her symbolic tattoos on her fingers glowed along with the one on her thigh as she dug deeper within the roots of the Earth, trying to feel Mirae's spiritual aura. Mirae was definitely somehwere underground, but Chaelin couldn't figure out exactly where underground she was.

 

Then it hit her like a ton of rocks-

 

 "She's on the other side" she whispered with slightly widened, pannick filled eyes.  "What? You mean..." Dara trailed off in thought, and then she snapped. 

 

 "Chaelin, the wolves couldn't have-"

 

 "I can feel her" Chaelin responded in a firm tone, "My senses were going past the boundary line, and thats where my senses found her" her voice was gruff and demanding as she spoke towards her members. Now they were in a tough situation. If they were to cross that line, that they had promised not to cross for more than a hundred years. Then they would be declaring an act of war. But that wouldnt make sense, would it? Because Chaelin knows damn well that Mirae is smart enough not to cross that line against her will, so she had to have been taken- captured. And the thought makes Chaelin furious. 

 

 "Eonnie...You arent thinking about...crossing, are you?" Minji asked in a hushed tone, her eyes slightly widened as she saw the look on her leaders face. Chaelin turned to look at her girls, her feet shuffling around some leaves as she did so, "We need to get her back. They took her from us. So that means, that they must have crossed our border lines to have done so, and I will not let them go without being punished" 

 

 The girls only stared at their leader and only nodded. What else could they say? They trusted Chaelin with all they've got because never once has she done them wrong. So they followed their leader to that invisible line that seperated both sides of the forest and without another thought-

 

 They crossed it. Preparing for the worst.

 

 

 

 

 Mirae didnt know how it all came to be. 

 

 There she was, outside of her cell and upstairs in the temple, standing inbetween a very pissed off Jongin and Yixing. 

 

 "Put her back in that damn cell Yixing or so help me-!" Jongin pointed a harsh finger back down the stairs, where Mirae should be. Yixing only gave the younger one a blank look, "She's been in there long enough already, she's human too and has her needs" he said calmly, which only made Jongin look like a complete with an anger problem. 

 

 "Besides, Im pretty sure Joonmyun, the alpha, wouldn't mind her walking around for a bit. As long as I'm by her side, I dont see the trouble in it" he said nonchalantly befor he took a soft hold of Mirae's wrist and pulled her along. But just when she thought she was going to escape the chaos, she had to think again because Jongin wasnt giving up that easily. 

 

  Jongin grabbed ahold of Mirae's wrist as well and yanked her back and out of Yixings grip. The said male whiped around to flash Jongin his turquois, blue eyes in anger and irritation. "You should know your place Jongin. Im really in no mood to put up with your hot-headed temper," he growled lowly befor storming up to Mirae and reclaiming her wrist, pulling her back to his side. Jongin scoffed as he looked at his friend, "What? Already in love with her or something?" his voice dripped of venomous sarcasm. He was beyond pissed now. How can Yixing act this way towards someone like her? Why isnt he angry like the rest of them? The fact that she's an enemy, and always will be, is just stuck into Jongins mind. His wounds from the past hasnt healed and till this day he still hates the Ainas and will never be able to forget and forgive as easily like Yixing and Joonmyun. 

 

 It was Yixings turn to scoff, "Get your head out of the clouds, you ". He gave Jongin one last hard glare befor turning around to leave, pulling Mirae with him. Jongin watched their retreiving figures. But he was looking at Mirae's more than Yixings. He observed the scrapes and bruises that were imprinted into the back of her legs, and the fact that everytime she walked, her dress would rise every now and then to reveal her tattoo. The bottom of her bare feet were beyond dirty due to walking in the dirt and through the forest. He also couldnt help but to notice the way her heart raced every moment she spent standing there with both Yixing and himself.  

 

 

 

 

 All four girls crouched down behind a row of bushes and peeked their heads over it a little to look at the many housing structures in the distance. "The wolves village" Bom breathed as her large, puppy-like eyes widened. Then, all four of their tattoos glowed a familiar purple, the color traced every curve, contour, point, and edge of the tribal design. And thats when they knew that Mirae was close. 

 

 "I knew they had her" Chaelin growled, her brows furrowing as she watched the villagers go on with their daily lives. Chaelin turned when she felt someone tap on her shoulder, "How are we getting in there?" Dara asked, her eyse filled with anxiousness. Chaelin turned her head slowly to look b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter