Himchan the annoying being.

A koala and a cat

 

Yongguk tried to find reasons to not love Himchan.

Kim Himchan, a grumpy being who seldom smiled, the one who always walked straight ahead and not even apologizing when he bumped into someone. He was the one with the worst manner in this entire planet. Everything about him screamed negativity.

Yongguk narrowed his eyes. There must be something that he could hold onto to not love Himchan.

Himchan liked kicking and scratching in his sleep. Yongguk often got bruises from this. He’d tried placing bolster between them to separate himself from the sleeping Himchan at night but the latter would always have his arms wrapped around Yongguk’s neck, sometimes choking him in his sleep. He snored in his sleep, he kicked at Yongguk but still had him in his grip. It was like he was loving and hating Yongguk at the same time. Often times Yongguk thought of tying Himchan up whenever he fell asleep.

What else was there?

Oh, Himchan always left the doors, cabinets and refrigerator open. Sure, people can be forgetful but sometimes Himchan did it on purpose. Yongguk had asked him why he did it but he’d only replied with a shrug, I’m too lazy. Yongguk could only roll his eyes at the stupid reply he got from his boyfriend. Fed up of seeing opened cabinets and door, Yongguk installed magnets to keep them closed.

Himchan was annoying as hell and Yongguk was still figuring out why this lazy was living with him.

Whenever Yongguk was grading his students’ paper, Himchan would be there with him with his legs on his lap, one elbow used to prop himself up as he flicked from channel to channel. He would chew on the potato chips noisily—Yongguk was a big fan of them and often bought a dozen every week but Himchan always stole it from him—while he had his eyes on the television, bursting out with laughter randomly which had surprised Yongguk more than ten times.

When there was nothing to watch Himchan would cling onto Yongguk like a koala, sharp chin digging into Yongguk’s shoulder and arms wrapped around him as he observed the things Yongguk wrote on his students’ paper. Yongguk couldn’t write properly with Himchan on his back. It annoyed him and he had often times told Himchan to go away and do something productive but Himchan never listened to him. He would only lay his head on Yongguk’s lap and start to sing out of tune, fingers tracing Yongguk’s jaw mindlessly—Yongguk had no idea why Himchan liked doing that. Himchan was a stubborn mule.

Yongguk came to a conclusion that Himchan had two spirit animals, which were koala and cat.

When he clung to Yongguk and almost choked him to death, he was a koala. When he snuggled in Yongguk’s arms and started scratching at him in his sleep, he was a cat.

It was ing confusing.

Yongguk wanted to dissect Himchan’s brain so bad to find what was wrong with the blond.

Himchan was a writer. When he wasn’t near Yongguk, he would be in his study room, back hunched as he typed on his laptop. It was amazing to see someone as annoying as Kim Himchan to wear a serious look on his face but Yongguk couldn’t ignore the papers scattered on the floor of the study room. Himchan liked to print his drafts and leave them on the floor when he was done with them. Be it trash or work, everything belonged to the floor. Yongguk would always be the one to arrange them neatly in stacks, labelling what was work and drafts because Himchan could turn from a silent writer to a screaming banshee when he couldn’t find the paper he was working on.

To be honest, Himchan wasn’t so bad.

Yeah, he could be grumpy and annoying but Yongguk loved it when he his hair in a loving manner, eyes only focusing on Yongguk and gave him warm back hugs which reminded him that he had someone who loved him to no end, he wasn’t alone.

Yongguk liked listening to Himchan’s voice when he called his name, eyes fluttering and fingers dancing on Yongguk’s shoulders as they made love. Himchan never screamed. He would only moan faintly, struggling to open his eyes to admire Yongguk’s face. It was an endearing sight to Yongguk. Having Himchan beneath him, back arching and completely submissive was Yongguk’s favourite moment.

Himchan knew what to do when Yongguk was stressing out or angry.

He would give him dozens of kisses if he ever listened to Yongguk’s sighs. He would run his hands up and down Yongguk’s arms to calm him down, whispering nice words to him—it was rare to hear Himchan say something good because the blond loved to curse. It was like he'd studied everything about Yongguk from a book. He knew almost everything about Yongguk, his fears, concerns and likings.

Himchan could be so adorable-

Yongguk let out a gasp when he realized that he’d stopped thinking of reasons to not love Himchan.

Himchan, who was sitting opposite Yongguk at the café where they always spent their evening in the weekend, gave Yongguk a curious look.

“What? Saw a ghost or something?” Himchan asked.

Yongguk slumped in his seat and shook his head, chuckling with disbelief when Himchan insisted on knowing why he’d gasped. Himchan didn’t care that the customers were watching them arguing childishly because he knew nothing of being embarrassed. That was one thing that annoyed Yongguk too but today; he realized that he’d grown immune to things about Himchan that used to annoy the hell out of him.   

He loved this blond koala-cat-man. Maybe Yongguk was being biased.

Or maybe Kim Himchan was a ing witch who’d poisoned Yongguk with his love potion. 

 

-End-