Chapter II

Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His body felt numb.

His head was too light.

For a strange reason his lungs hurt too.

Kyuhyun tried to open his eyes, but his eyelids felt heavy. He wants to know where he was, knowing that he wasn’t in his own bed.

When he could open his eyes, he blinked a little getting used to the light of the room.

Everything was white.

It was a hospital room, that’s for sure.

The question here was… How he got there?

The last thing he remembered was the sharp pain he felt in his apartment, but then everything goes black.

There was something missing in his memories… but what is it?

The clock on the wall said 7:30 am; so he had been unconscious for 6 or 7 hours. Something in his vision peripheral caught his attention, making him open his eyes in surprise.

Sitting in a chair beside his bed sleeping in an uncomfortable position was Jongwoon, his neighbor

And like a lightening the memories hit him.

The horrible pain.

Him asking for help.

The dizziness.

The black out.

Kyuhyun blushed remembering the last two, slapping himself mentally for let that happen in front of someone who was practically a stranger.

What was he?... A weak person?

Of course not!

Cho Kyuhyun was not a weakling.

“Yeah right…” His conscience told him sarcastically. “As if you didn’t faint with the first little pain you felt like a little baby”

Kyuhyun groaned; his conscience was right.

“Tsk… of course I’m right. I’m always right” Said his conscience arrogantly.

“Are you always so full of yourself?” Kyuhyun murmured angry.

“Ha! Dear I’m YOUR conscience… so that means you are the same”

He rolled his eyes deciding to ignore that while sitting slowly; the position in which he was before was starting to bother his muscles.

Kyuhyun was so attentive to not move a lot the IV of his right hand that a bad move he did made him groan in pain waking up the older.

“Eh?... What—what happen?” Jongwoon being a light sleeper woke up by the groan of the younger. He felt tired, never before had charged someone in his back, and worse, sleep in an uncomfortable chair.

Rubbing his eyes in a way that for Kyuhyun was cute, he smiled when he notice the younger was awake. “I’m glad you woke up. How do you feel?”

“G—good” Kyuhyun coughed a little feeling his cheeks burn. “I feel much better than yesterday”

“I’m glad to hear that…” Jongwoon said, his smile disappearing and his brows frowning. “…You really scared me when you fainted”

Kyuhyun was embarrassed; something that rarely happened, but knowing that he had been weak in front of someone was a big blow to his pride.

“What happened after… that?”

“Well…”

<< Jongwoon quickly surrounded Kyuhyun’s waist with his arms at see him lose his balance.

“Kyuhyun are you ok?” Hearing not response he got scared. “Kyuhyun?” With his right hand he turned the younger face a little and was surprised to see him passed out. Quickly he put one of Kyuhyun’s arms around his neck and walked towards his car.

Jongwoon’s car was a black Renault Samsung, it was simple but elegant; and thank God was only three feet away.

Opening the passenger door with some difficulty, Jongwoon got the younger into the car making sure he had well put the seat belt.

He didn’t know which hospital Kyuhyun used to go, so he took him to the hospital St. Angel who was the closest to where they lived. One of the things that surprised him was that he didn’t meet with any police on the way, when he was going to 120 km/h in a zone of 40 km/h.

When they reached to the hospital, Jongwoon found it complicated to carry Kyuhyun on his back.

He made his way into the ER waiting room, with the younger secure on his back, and walk towards a nurse with the obligatory clipboard and pen—

“Kyuhyun?!”

A doctor with a dark blonde hair approaches them with two nurses behind him; in his ID card Jongwoon could read ‘Dr. Park Jungsoo’.

“What happen to him?” Dr. Park asked him while helping him to put down the younger on a stretcher brought by one of the nurses.

“Aam… he fainted for the pain of his lower abdomen… also he was sweating cold”

Dr. Park nodded, hearing the younger heartbeat with the stethoscope and taking his pulse.

“Nurse Jung please prepare the X-ray room; I want a radiograph of his lower abdomen and also take out a blood sample” The blonde nurse nodded and with the help of a male nurse took Kyuhyun to the X-ray room. “It’s better if you wait here…”

“Jongwoon… I’m his neighbor”

“Well Jongwoon stay here, I will tell you when we place him in a room.” The doctor smiled at him. “Also I will tell one of the nurses to bring you a painkiller and a bottle of water; carried Kyuhyun on your back must had hurt”

“No,no,no, I’m ok…” But a bad move he did make him winced telling otherwise.

“I will call a nurse; by the way you can call me Dr. Leeteuk  or only Leeteuk if you want, I’m a friend of the Cho family”

“Nice to meet you” Jongwoon bowed in greeting.

“Now please take a sit, I will call you when we finish”

Jongwoon did what Leeteuk told him; a nurse brought him the painkiller and the bottle of water. >>

“… after a while he told me in which room you were and called him if you woke up; but I fell asleep and didn’t know if you woke up” He said rubbing his neck in embarrassment. “So that’s happens… Oh! Now that I remember I need to tell him that you’re awake”

Jongwoon not even had to get up from his sit because Leeteuk was entering the room.

“Glad you’re awake” Leeteuk said smiling to the younger. “How do you feel?”

“Considering yesterday I felt like a crap, you will say hyung” Kyuhyun said, surprising his neighbor with the tone he used. “Now be quickly hyung, I want to go home.”

“You always so sweet” The oldest smiled shaking his head. Kyuhyun will never change. “About go home… I’m afraid you’ll not be able”

“What do you mean? I feel good now”

“Before I answer you, let me check you” Leeteuk approached him and put his hand on his abdomen, pressing close to the ribs. “It hurt here?” Seeing Kyuhyun deny with his head, he put his hands a little below of his navel. “And here?”

The piercing cry of Kyuhyun scared Jongwoon, making him stand up and approach him, putting a hand on Kyuhyun’s chest trying to soothe him.

 “As I thought” The oldest said grabbing some things he had left on the nightstand near the bed.

“Yah! If you know what would happen why did you ing do it?!”

The explosive reactions of Kyuhyun kept surprising Jongwoon, it was the first time he had seen him like this; but it seems that for Leeteuk it wasn’t new.

“Language Kyuhyun…” Leeteuk said keep observing the X-rays. “Now tell me, since when you feel the pain?”

“One week and a half” Kyuhyun sighed, was better to calm down, otherwise the pain will return. But of course it was an excuse, as to see the look of surprise and a little scared of Jongwoom he felt uncomfortable.

“Ok… what had you been eaten on those weeks?”

“Instant noodles and frozen meals” Kyuhyun looked away, when he saw the look Leeteuk dedicated him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter