Part 3

He Shoots; He Scores
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk laid on his bed wide awake staring endlessly at his ceiling. He heard his phone vibrate next to his night table and heaved a heavy sigh. He checked who texted him before ignoring it when he saw that it was just Sujin his girlfriend. He didn't even know why he agreed to go out with her and felt extremely guilty. He was so confused about the things going on around him and every decision he makes seems to be the wrong one. He heaved another heavy sigh before flipping himself over and burying his head on his pillow. A knock was heard from his door but Eunhyuk decided to ignore it.

"Hyukkie, are you ok?"

Eunhyuk twisted his head around and looked at the person that entered his room. "Yeah, Noona, I'm ok."

"Is there anything you want to talk to me about?"

Eunhyuk paused and pondered his answer. "No," he decided; shaking his head side to side, "Why do you ask?"

"Nothing," Sora said. "By the way, your 'girlfriend' is downstairs waiting for you."

"What?"

"She said it's important." Eunhyuk sighed and forced himself to get up. He walked towards the door but right before passing Sora she held his arm and held him back, "Hyuk, don't fool yourself like this. You're not only hurting yourself."

Eunhyuk froze and stared at her. Sora put her right hand on her brother's cheeks and caressed it gently before exiting the room. Eunhyuk bit his lower lip and tightened his hold on the door knob. What have you done to me Lee Donghae?


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 

Sujin patiently waited outside for Eunhyuk to come out of his home. She knew it was very unusual to come to a guy's home at 8:00 PM but some things just can't wait. She heard the door open and turned around. Sujin smiled upon seeing Eunhyuk walk out of the door even though she knew that he won't be able to see him.

"Hi, Oppa," Sujin greeted, "I'm sorry for coming so late...and unannounced."

"It's ok," Eunhyuk smiled at her. "Is something wrong?"

"I actually need to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

Sujin forced a smile on her face and asked, "can we take a walk?"

Eunhyuk nodded his head and waited for her to take the lead. They  headed out and slowly walked down a path. Eunhyuk didn't say a word hoping that she would start the conversation. They kept walking down the road with no destination in mind. Eunhyuk was starting to feel weird seeing Sujin's head bowed low the whole time. He knew something was wrong and partly knew that it was him who did that to her. It felt like they've been walking for hours when Sujin finally began their conversation.

"Oppa...let's break up."

"What?" Eunhyuk was surprised at her sudden words. It wasn't that he was heartbroken, he was just surprised. 

"I like you. I like you a lot...but I don't want you to be with me if I'm not the one that's in your heart."

"Sujin-ah, what are you talking about?"

"I'm not blind. I know, heck everybody knows!" Tears started flooding down Sujin's face and Eunhyuk was at a total loss as to what to do. "I don't want to see you suffer. I don't make you happy and I've already accepted that I may never be that person but It's enough for me to see you smile even if it's from a far." She wiped away the tears from her face and laughed half-heartedly. It was forced but at the same time Sujin knew how ridiculous the whole thing was from the very beginning.

She didn't feel foolish or regret. She actually feels relieved right now. Everything  seemed like a dark humor to her and it deserved a big laugh. 

"Sujin...I-...I'm sorry."

"Don't be," she said, "Just promise me you'll be happy."

"I-"

Sujin stopped Eunhyuk from saying anything further by hugging him. She hugged him as tight as she could and Eunhyuk let her. He knew there was nothing else she could offer her and if this was all she needed then that's ok. Once Sujin felt satisfied with the hug she pulled back and gave Eunhyuk one last smile before running away. 

Eunhyuk stared after her but remained at his spot. Once she was out of sight he looked down at the ground before observing his surroundings. He didn't even realized that they had stopped by the park in his neighborhood. Eunhyuk didn't really feel like going back home at the moment and decided that he could spend a few hours at the swing. 

He sat on the swing and slowly moved it. He felt bad for Sujin but also grateful. He knew from the very beginning that he shouldn't have said yes to her. He didn't even know why he said it. All he knows was that he was thinking about his feelings for Donghae at the time and how to handle them.

 Donghae. 

Remembering the latter in his mind brought a mixture of pain and happiness in Eunhyuk's heart. He doesn't know why but Donghae's been angry at him ever since he started going out with Sujin. He thought it was because the latter wasn't present during the confession but Donghae hasn't talked to him for a while now and Eunhyuk began to ponder that maybe, just maybe, it's because of something else.

He probably figured me out and is disgusted by me. 

Eunhyuk's thoughts were interrupted when he heard a ball hitting the court chains and a very familiar frustrated grunt of a certain person. Eunhyuk's curiosity was peaked and started walking towards the basketball court. The light posts were only lit around the court area so Eunhyuk was well hidden in the dark. He saw Donghae randomly shooting a basketball to the hoop with very brute force. He could tell the latter was upset and was saddened by the fact that he couldn't comfort him given their current situation. Donghae picked up the ball from one end of the court and yelled as he tried to make another shot. 

Donghae was completely unaware of Eunhyuk's presence and just kept trying to make freethrows and horribly missing the shot. He was covered with sweat, and based on his heavy breathing, Eunhyuk guessed that hes probably been in the court for hours.

Donghae finally gave up with the ball and dropped on his knees. He kept taking deep breathes as he tried to calm his rapidly beating heart. He heard the gate behind him open and was surprised to see Eunhyuk enter.

"Are you ok?"

"What are you doing here?"

Eunhyuk kneeled in front of Donghae and gently pat Donghae's back, "I was walking around and saw you playing by yourself. Why are you playing this late at night?"

"I had some time," was Donghae's only answer before pulling away from Eunhyuk and grabbing the ball. 

Eunhyuk frowned but allowed Donghae anyways. He stayed on his spot and watched the latter attempt at making free throws again. Donghae wasn't as frustrated with his shots as before but Eunhyuk could tell he was holding himself back. Eunhyuk didn't know what to do given the awkward situation he currently has with Donghae. The latter obviously aware of Eunhyuk staring at him decided to break the tension between them.

"Yah," Donghae called, "why don't you go visit your girlfirend or something?" Donghae's voice was obviously filled with contempt at the word "girlfriend" but Eunhyuk was too worried about Donghae to notice.

"We broke up," Eunhyuk said and just continued to stare at Donghae.

Donghae w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter