Chapter 1: My Babo

Frozen Symphony

 

"She told me to be more careful when I bumped into her in the hallway earlier. At first I thought she was gonna be all mean about it and be all 'Don’t touch me, nerd', but she's so nice, Minhee. Popular and nice, you don't see that often! I am so determined that she is perfect for me, but how do I tell h—"

"Yah, Babo!" I whacked my love-sick, self-proclaimed maths tutor in frustration with my notebook, "Are you here to help me or talk about your little crush?!"

Maths tutor, I wish. All this guy did was talk, talk and talk some more. Seriously, he could babble someone's ears off and if the ears really did fall off he'd probably still keep going. To be honest, I didn't really mind most of the time because I wasn't much of a talker myself and it was nice to have someone around who could make the simplest things sound so intriguing. But the problem was the topic of his current rant, which I, without a doubt, despised with every fibre of my being—Song Yoori. I have to admit that I had personally never talked to her before, and the reason that I didn't like Yoori was not because she had done something to me. Or at least, nothing that she knew off. I always made it seem like I couldn't stand her because all the guys mindlessly lusted after her. She was pretty, yes, she looked and talked like an angel, but I couldn't care less about that. The real reason why I didn't like Yoori was because Jun liked her...it was something that simple and stupid.

It probably sounded cringey, but I had cried myself to sleep many nights, wondering why he couldn't look at me the way he looked at her. I was always there for him, I was always supporting and comforting him, so why couldn't he like me?

I had even discretely tried to ask him what kind of girls he liked, 'You,' he had said with a wide grin making my heart race so bad that I thought it was going to jump out of my chest, 'I like girls like you' he had added.

Those few words had confirmed for me that he really didn't like me, he liked girls who were like me.

'We're friends.' he had casually stated, with a toothy grin.

And that is all we were, friends.

"Yah!" Jun yelled back, rubbing his arm before his lips protruded in a sulky pout. "What are we best friends for if I can't tell you these things?"

"Stop pouting, that's so girly," I started packing my bag, getting ready to leave, "is the school library a place to be discussing those things? Maths is already hard as it is without your constant babbling."

"Hmph," he looked offended, "what babbling..."

I didn't know when I had started liking him. He was childish and dorky with a messy mop for hair that covered his ears and stuck to his forehead. Half of his face disappeared behind huge framed glasses and it would be an understatement to say that his outfit was probably put together by a blind person. But still, to me he was one of the most interesting people I had ever met. Despite his fashion disasters consisting of him wearing Anime or gaming themed T-shirts under his uniform blazer at the age of seventeen, he was such an amazing person. He was cheerful, nice and always willing to help. What I liked most about him was that he was so down to earth for someone who was the heir of the top hotel branch in South Korea—the Majesty Hotels. Believe me, it might sound corny, but Jun being such a kind-hearted person despite his wealth was proof that miracles existed. At least, when you were a student at Hullyeon High.

Hullyeon High was a prestigious, private school with a really expensive tutoring fee. Most of the students were all of families that could just about afford to pay the fee like me. Then there were some who weren’t actually wealthy at all but their parents would save up just to send their kids to this school for better college and university options, because just attending Hullyeon would bring a whole dose of prestige to one’s family. And last, we had a handful of exceptionally rich students like Jun, Woonha and Yoori. Besides Jun and Yoori—who had an image to uphold—the plutocrats were so snobby and stuck up that the disgusted look they gave everyone had become a permanent expression on their faces. What was so great about wearing designer clothes like Gucci and Ralph Lauren if their personalities were so rotten? Those stupid, expensive belts, shoes and bags they carried around only got on my nerves too. They were lucky we didn't have full uniforms and it was open for students to wear their own clothes as long as they wore the blazer with the school crest over the top. But I had to admit that if Jun would dress like them, he would probably get the boost of confidence that he needed.

Anyway, Jun's kind personality didn't stop him from breaking my heart. I had considered confessing to Jun in middle school, but he had shattered all my hopes when suddenly he told me that he liked Yoori. I had faked a smile and encouraged him to go after her while my heart was crying for his attention. And now in our last year of high school I'm still listening to his endless confessions about her.

"Are you really leaving already?" Jun inquired, looking surprised as I got up from my seat. "we haven't finished doing our homework yet."

"I still have to pick up my dad's tuxedo from dry cleaning," I said, putting my jacket on and grabbing my shoulder book bag.

"Can I come over?" He leaned over the desk as if asking a serious question.

"No," I knew exactly why he wanted to come over—food. He was such a foodie that sometimes he would bring me random pictures of food and ask me to make it for him, as if I knew how to make all foods in the world. But we'd have a lot of fun experimenting with it although most of the times it wouldn't be edible.

If he wanted to come over because of the food, I would've been fine with it, but I knew we would somehow end up talking about Yoori again and I wasn't really in the mood for that.
"Please?" he insisted with a pout, giving me the most adorable puppy dog eyes that I had ever seen. But luckily, he did it so often that I had gotten used to it.

"No."

Jun frowned for a moment before he smiled at me creepily, weird-ing me out a little.
"You can put makeup on me," he wiggled his eyebrows.

He knew me so well, dammit. Makeup was my life. I didn't necessarily like putting it on myself, but I loved putting it on other people. My mom used to work at a salon as a makeup artist when I was little and I would play with her makeup whenever I got the chance. At that time, I wondered why Eomma always looked so happy when she did someone’s makeup. She talked about how it felt amazing to make someone feel beautiful both inside and out and it was only years later that I understood that kind of joy as well. I was six when she had passed away and to keep the memories alive my dad would let me put makeup on him. I remember having so much fun with it back then. As I grew older, I decided I wanted to be a makeup artist one day too.

"I'll put girly makeup on you, though," I warned as I waited for him to put his stuff in his bag and dragged the loosening strap of my own bag higher up on my shoulder. "I was thinking of a new look yesterday, with quite heavy eyeliner."

"I don't care as long as there is food," he threw his bag over his shoulder and waited for me to lead the way. He knew the way, but for some reason he preferred letting me walk before him. I didn't mind though, it felt as if someone was watching my back and protecting me.

We walked out of the school building and towards the bike rack where I had locked my cycle. Jun had a driver and his family owned dozens of cars, but he always insisted on going with me. It was hilarious because not only was he unable to ride one, he was also scared to death of getting on one and would usually complain all the way back home.

I undid the lock and put my bag in my cycle basket. We walked a bit until we reached the cycling infrastructure outside the school gates. I saw the look of dismay on Jun's face and grinned to myself before getting on, "Come on, we gotta hurry."

Slowly and reluctantly Jun climbed behind me. As soon as we took off he clung to me like a baby koala that was being ripped away from his mother.
I pedalled my bike as fast as I could and smiled, feeling the cold touch of the wind. I wished I could keep going like that forever, it left like I didn't have a worry in the world.

Poor Jun on the other hand was holding on for dear life behind me. I didn't know why he was so scared and wondered if it was a childhood trauma. I wasn't sure if that even made any sense, because before we started going home together, he would be driven around. He also didn't know how to ride a bike, so where could he possibly have experienced something traumatising enough to be this scared.

Either way, we had to cross the Jamsu Bridge to get home and walking all the way home from school would take us at least 40 minutes and seeing I still had to pick up my dad's tuxedo, I didn't have time to lose.

Normally, Jun and I would often stick around on the bridge to look at the water or for Jun to practice his singing. The man in making had the voice of an angel. We would often joke about me becoming his stylist when he would get famous, but it was just for jokes. His dad really wanted him to take over their family business. So this place was more of an escape for us. We loved coming here to talk about the lives we would like to lead in the future, but at the same time knew it was too far-fetched. We especially liked coming here to listen to the songs the Banpo Bridge above the Jamsu Bridge would play and in combination with its Rainbow Fountain show, Jun's little karaoke performances seemed like real concerts with all the light effects in the background. I wasn’t sure if it was due to my feelings for him or not, but watching him would always make my heart race so fast.

"Minhee! Can you slow down a little?" I heard Jun squeak behind me as his grip tightened around my waist.

I laughed, finding it sad and hilarious at the same time, "We're almost there! Hold on!"
"Aah! Too fast!" Jun cried, holding onto me as if we were going at high speed like one of those Japanese bullet trains. He was such a dork and I loved that about him.

When we arrived outside the dry cleaning place, Jun was the first to jump off the bike looking rather pale.

“Jun, watch the bike while I get my dad’s tuxedo,” I quickly said as I got off too and leaned the bike against a wall beside Jun. He nodded weakly without saying anything, looking like he was about to throw up. Aigoo, this guy.

“Ah, Minhee! It's been a while,” the gray-haired lady behind the counter smiled and wrinkles formed around and beady eyes. "You're probably here to pick up your dad's tuxedo?" her voice was a bit shaky, but I didn't have much experience with elderly people and thought that was normal for someone in their early 80's.

"Yes Halmeonim, that's right," I smiled back. "How have you been?" I asked, knowing she wouldn't let me go before having a small talk anyway. But it was fine, it would give Jun some time to recover.

“My old body is still working,” she responded, disappearing through the back door but continued talking, "What more can a person ask for?"

I felt bad for her. This business belonged to her son who had suddenly died in a car accident a few years ago and she didn't have anyone else to take care of her. I had considered working part-time here to help her out a little, but I unfortunately didn't have enough time and I had my dad to look after. She had sold the business and thank god the new owner of this place had been nice enough to let her work here even though she couldn't get as much work done as the other employees.

“There you go Minhee, your dad’s tuxedo. I made sure it’s perfectly spotless and without a single wrinkle,” she beamed proudly as she handed me the clothes over the counter. "Is that guy with the bowl-cut here with you again?" she asked, curiously, with a serious look on her face.

"Yeah, he is waiting outside," I tried not to laugh out loud. Poor Jun. “Anyway, thanks Halmeonim. I think I shouldn't make him wait too long. I'll stop by another time for a chat!” I bowed lightly as I took the tuxedo from her.

"Yeah, yeah," she waved me off and getting busy again, "Be careful."


I headed back out and found Jun still standing bent over with his hands on his knees in attempt to reduce the nausea he got from the ride. The guy looked like he had lost the will to live as he stared up at me in dismay, knowing he was going to have to get back on that bike.

“Don’t be such a worm, you! Time for the next round, hop on!” I grinned as I laid the tuxedo onto the basket of the bike and climbed on, waiting for Jun.

He took a deep breath as he took heavy steps towards me with nothing but dread, “The things I have to go through for food…”

"Walk home then," I shrugged nonchalantly, pretending to take off without him.

"No, I'm ready! Let's go!" He hurried as he climbed back on behind me in hope that I wasn’t going to make the ride worse. I smiled to myself, too amused by his current state. Perhaps I was just a tad sadistic at times, I admit. I mean I had to vent my anger on him for constantly babbling about Yoori some way at least.

As we passed the grocery store on the way home, I considered making a stop to shop for some things but decided to leave it for later. I still had enough vegetables and even some beef at home for tonight's meal.

“I’m home!” Jun marched into the house before even I could after I unlocked the door, looking much more upbeat now that the journey had come to an end.

“Yah, is this your house?” I followed him inside with a sarcastic tone and closed the door behind us. Noticing that there was no response, I realised that Abba wasn’t home so I wondered where he could’ve gone. Reckoning that he was probably out on a walk again, I decided not to ponder over it for long.

“Yup, my second home!” Jun happily dumped his bag on the short living room desk before sitting on the floor next to it. As usual he was getting out everything he needed to start on our homework. It was really hard to tell that he was a third generation Chaebol when seeing his messy habits. We had a sofa but he still preferred sitting and rolling around on the carpet instead. Initially one would find it weird that I would be feeling sorry for him for something that most people would find fortunate. Only I knew under how much pressure he was because of it every day. He was only seventeen yet his dad was already torturing him with responsibilities. He was forcing him to work in the hotel kitchens over weekends and breaks just so that he would understand the hard work behind the profession.

In the meanwhile I went to change out of my uniform and whirled through my closet, contemplating whether I should wear something cute. I took out a blue knee length dress and held it in front of me as I posed in front of the mirror.

“Hmm…” I pouted my lips to one side in thought, “Maybe this is too much.” I went to put it back and pulled out a white lace collared top and jeans instead. After getting changed, I gave myself a final check in the mirror and nodded contently, “That Babo better take notice of my cuteness this time.”

When I walked to the kitchen I found Jun sitting at the dinner table, completely immersed in solving the maths questions of our homework already. This is how it usually went, I would spend the time cooking, putting makeup on him and styling his hair while he would finish up our homework. I had tried helping him in the past, but I couldn't keep up with his fast thinking. He was a maths genius of some sort and I didn't even understand the simplest maths questions. Simply put, if he was Einstein, I'd be Frankenstein.

Aish, it would be hard to get his attention when he was all focused on his work though, but still I made an attempt since I went and put the effort into looking cute today after all.

“Eghm!” I cleared my throat loudly to make him look at me, but his face was still stuck intently in his textbook. I huffed and made my way to the kitchen, finding it too embarrassing to try again.
“Minhee!” I suddenly heard him call, making me halt in a startle and turn around to face him. He was looking at me as if he was in deep thought, making me curious like crazy as to what he was thinking whilst staring at me like that. My heart was starting to beat fast as I anticipated hearing what he was going to say. Did he perhaps notice?

“You forgot to remove the price tag from your top,” he chuckled, “Who is the Babo now?”
My face dropped into a hostile stare as I mentally kicked myself for even thinking that this guy would be able to realise what I wanted him to.

“Thanks!” I grunted and aggressively yanked the price tag off my new top, making him blink at me with a lost expression as if he was wondering if he’d said something wrong.

With a deep sigh I walked into the kitchen and started putting the pans on the stove to cook. I was surprised to find that Abba had already cut up the vegetables and prepared the beef for cooking. Most of the hard work had already been done for dinner tonight, I just had to put the rice into the rice cooker and grill the beef with the vegetables. I already knew what Abba was intending to make just from looking at the ingredients. White rice, Kimchi and Bulgogi with carrots, unions and broccoli. While I loved rice and Bulgogi (I mean, come on, who doesn't like marinated, grilled beef?), I didn't care much for Kimchi. But it was Abba's favourite side dish. I used to not like it so much, because I am a picky eater and I don't really like pickled foods even though these were quite popular in Korean cuisine. I also didn't like smelly foods and couldn't get a bite past my throat without gagging a few times. I didn't care much about liking other pickled or smelly foods, but it had been really difficult for me to get used to the taste of Kimchi, because it was both, pickled and smelly. I found it okay to eat now, but only because I had forced myself to like it.

Abba and Jun (who was able to gobble down anything) absolutely loved Kimchi and thus whenever they would have Kimchi—and that was at least once or twice a week—I had to eat alone. It had always looked so fun at the dinner table when they would eat together that it made me really jealous of how they would enjoy it so much and I was stuck in a corner with my instant noodles.

At first the smell of Kimchi would almost knock me cold whenever it would reach my nostrils, but I had made it a mission to enjoy eating Kimchi just like them. The closest I had gotten so far was to tolerate the taste and smell, but it was getting better each time that I ate it, even though I still didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as they did.

After I got everything ready to cook on the stove, Jun seemed to have finished the homework when I poked my head around the kitchen door. A grin slowly formed on my lips, “Time for makeup keke, you’re going to look like a K-pop star this time.”

“I’d like to see you try,” he scoffed, unable to believe he could look like one.

“I can transform people completely with makeup you know, even you,” I smugly bragged, to which he just shrugged.

“It’s a waste on me,” he pulled a face as he shuffled around on his chair to make his face available to me, “But as long as I get food I’m happy with whatever.”

“All you care about is food,” I sighed, unsure of what to do with his lack of enthusiasm in his own appearance and brought out all my makeup and hair tools onto the table. I pulled the thick bangs of his mushroom hair back and pinned it in place so that it wouldn’t get in the way of applying makeup on him. After finishing with his face, I excitedly moved onto his hair and took the pin out again, letting it flop back onto his face like a curtain. I grimaced at the sight, unsure of what I could even make out of this hideous pile of hair.

"Let me cut your hair," I said, annoyed at how impossible it was to style that unkempt mop of his. It was really just a dull looking bowl-cut hugging his head like an octopus. I really wished he'd do something with his hair, just changing his hairstyle would already make such a huge difference in his overall appearance. He really had gorgeous features, but no one ever got to see them. He used to have shorter hair, which looked so much better on him but over the years he'd grown it quite long.

"I feel with short hair," Jun pouted without looking up at me, looking like a cute sulking kid whose cheeks you’d just want to pinch. But of course, I wasn’t about to do that.

Upon hearing the front door open, Jun and I both looked up.

It was Abba. We got up and walked over to him as he was putting away his white cane and proceeded to remove his shoes.

"Welcome back, Abba!" I took his bag from him and helped him take off his jacket. "I didn't know you had somewhere to be today?"

"Minhee," he said with a gentle smile, "You're home already?"

Taking his arm, I lead him in, "I picked up your tuxedo for next week's performance and then Jun wanted to pig out so we came back early."

"Yah!" Jun flicked my forehead, "I haven't had anything yet!"

"Jun is here too?" Abba asked, smiling. The tone of his voice indicated that he wasn't really surprised and in fact was even expecting him to be here.

"Good evening, Ahjussi," he casually greeted my dad and walked back to the dinner table to look through my dad's compositions that were in the bag, "Did you compose anything new lately?"

"Yeah," Abba sat down on the floor across from Jun, "But I need help finishing it."

A smile overtook Jun's face when it dawned on him that Abba was asking him to help him finish a composition. "You can count on me!"

My dad was a pianist and he composed his own music. Jun would come over regularly to practice with him and he was a big fan of my dad's work. Abba didn't mind that Jun particularly lived here, he'd always wanted a son too and he enjoyed spending time with him. Especially because I wasn't musically gifted and because Abba had to work hard in the past and has to practice for his performances a lot, he didn't know many people he could spend time with.
"So where were you, Abba?" I asked, remembering he hadn't told me where he'd been yet. He would usually only leave the house for a walk in the park or for his concerts, but other than that he never went alone anywhere.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I had to get an eye check," he responded, looking for the sheets he wanted to show Jun, "Dr. Kim found it necessary before I perform at the upcoming concert."

Jun frowned, "How are you doing then?"

Abba was blind. He had developed an eye cancer when I was a child, not too long after he had battled through kidney cancer and already spent nearly all of his income on the treatments. It had been really hard on my parents because my dad couldn't work as an elementary teacher anymore and that resulted in Eomma having to work double shifts at the salon. With scarcely any money left for Abba's medical treatment, they had no choice but to borrow money to pay for it and ended up badly in debt. Even then they didn't have enough money for a corneal transplant for my dad because they also had to save up for living expenses and my schooling. Out of desperation my dad had taught himself how to play the piano and by the time I was around five he was doing small jobs at local restaurants. Abba always had a hidden desire to play the piano and a talent for it that he was never able to develop, because he never had the chance to learn it properly due to his teaching job. However after he stepped down the path of music, he became known as ‘The blind pianist’ in a short amount of time. Now he had reached a stage where his name would be linked with the top musicians in South Korea.

When I was younger I prayed every night that my dad's eyesight would return one day so he could see how much I had grown. I had also made pictures of everything I ever wanted him to see. Even though, it was already too late for him to get a corneal transplant now, I sometimes still took pictures of things that I really wished he could see...hoping that one day he really could.

"Aish, you silly kids. Would I be here if I wasn't fine?” Abba said, smiling like he always did, "Now where is that food that Jun has been waiting for? I'm famished too!"

Jun helped me set the table and we said a small prayer of thanks, before digging in.

"This Kimchi is seriously the best Kimchi in the world!" Jun immediately remarked with a blissful expression on his face, "You're getting better, Minhee!"

"Actually, Abba made it," I admitted shyly, "I still have a long way to go to be able to make it like that."

Jun paused eating and admired Abba with huge eyes, "Uwah, Ahjussi, you really have to teach Minhee how to make this so she can put it in my lunchbox."

Abba laughed, "Eat up, there is plenty."

"Yah, Babo!" I shot him an annoyed glare, "What am I, your maid?!"

After dinner, as I was doing the dishes I overheard Abba and Jun talking about the song that they were going to compose together. Abba played what he had so far so Jun could think about it at home, because it was already getting late and they couldn't do it now.

It was called Ocean of Tears, it sounded as sad and beautiful as the name. I couldn't help but think that it was written for my mom, but all lovers separated by fate could probably relate to it. Even I was feeling all emotional thinking about Jun and how I would never be able to confess to him, hence I couldn't imagine how people who had been together and loved each other for years before separation would feel.

Abba could capture emotions so well, if only I had been a little better with my feelings like that I might have been able to confess to Jun, regardless the consequences. But I was a coward when it came to these things and he was such a Babo! I just knew that even if I would plain out confess to him he still wouldn't understand. Academically, he was unbeatable and was always ranked first at school, but other than that his intelligence didn't do much for him. I mean I wasn't exactly trying to hide my feelings for him, because the lunches I would make him would have hearts all over the place, but he still hadn't caught on. At times I would even wonder if he was pretending not to know, but the guy really was just that oblivious to such things. It was seriously frustrating, I mean how much more blatant could a girl make it?!

That wasn't even the problem though, because even if I was to ignore his slowness, that stupid Queenka Yoori was still in the way.

"UGH!!!" I angrily smacked the mug that I had been scrubbing vigorously for the past minute on the counter.

"EH?!” I saw Jun jump back from the corners of my eyes and land on his with a loud thud. He innocently looked up at me with wide eyes through his wall of glasses, blinking like crazy.
Slightly embarrassed, I went back to washing the dishes. I couldn't help feeling a little content, he deserved getting scared like that. Player, tch.

Jun looked confused for a moment, trying to comprehend what had happened and then jumped back to his feet.

"Lee Minhee!" he accusingly pointed at me, "Are you crazy?!"

Hmph.

"Aish, you weird person. You're always like this," he complained with a pout when he didn't get a response, "You should tell me your thoughts and feelings more often! I tell you everything too."

I wish I could. And I wish you hadn't told me about Yoori...

"Yah Babo!" I splashed water on him, "Stop being all touchy-feely, you're grossing me out."
"Tch," he grimaced and dropped the subject, knowing he wouldn't get much out of me anyway and he wasn't one to argue. If there was one thing Jun hated it was arguing, but unfortunately that also meant that he rarely stood up for himself. I had yet to witness him having a fall out with someone. He liked bickering with me sometimes, but would give in pretty fast.
"Can I have this?" I saw him taking a green apple from the fruit bowl.

"No! Not that one," I was intending to put it in his lunchbox tomorrow, "There are plenty red ones, take those."

Jun loved green apples. He didn't necessarily like the flavour of it in other products, he just liked green apples. So whenever I went grocery shopping, I would make sure to buy some to either put in his lunchbox or for when he would come over. But right now there was only one left and I had already planned of what to put in the lunchbox and green apple had to be in there.
"I don't want those," he whined and pouted, dropping the apple back in the bowl.
He looked so adorable when he'd pout like that, but he didn't need to know, "Yoo Jun! What did I say about pouting?!"

"Minheeee...Don't say my name like that, it sounds too weird!!!" he closed his eyes in annoyance. His eyes were puffy and almond shaped, making him look like a cat whenever he did that.

But he was right, I'd been calling him Babo for so long that it indeed felt a little weird to say his full name like that.

"I bet it would sound all sweet if Yoori said it," I heard him complain, his voice barely above a whisper.

My grip tightened around the plate in my hands. I wasn't sure if he meant for me to hear it or not, but he knew damn well I hated being compared to her.
"Wanna say that again, Mushroom-head?!" I threw him a dirty look, making him flinch in fear. I trapped him against the fridge, "She sounds sweet, and I sound what? HUH?!?"
Jun pressed the back of his head against the fridge, trying to create as much distance between our heads as he could. He knew I'd headbutt him so hard he would be seeing stars for the next few days.

The first time I headbutted Jun was shortly after we had met and he kept calling me blockhead. We had to do a science assignment together and he wanted to do something with statistics. Not having any better ideas, I agreed and it had been so difficult to keep up with him, but I managed. Then the big Sharks—what we called the bullies—at school had cornered him against the lockers and taken it from him. I became so frustrated about having gone through hell to get that stupid, complicated assignment done and him just handing it over to them. And when he called me a blockhead for saying that we wouldn't be able to get another assignment done in time, it made me so furious that I headbutted him right in his face, giving him a bloody nose.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back, "You know I didn't mean it like that, aish! Anyway, it's late, I should get going."

Aish, this guy! He was lucky he'd already grown a head taller than me or I would have seriously broken his nose this time.

I watched him grab his bag and say goodbye to my dad before putting his jacket on. Then he turned towards me and waved at me with a cheeky grin plastered on his face. He looked like a little kid in his slightly oversized jacket; I couldn't possibly stay mad at someone so cute.

I waved back with a tired smile and watched him leave.

Be safe, Babo.


Sneak-peek chapter two:
"Hey, you okay?" Jun asked, with a worried expression.
"Hm?" I lifted my head and was about to answer him when Woonha knocked Jun's bag off his desk as he walked by. Jun's stuff scattered around the floor, because his bag had been open.
A few students looked in their direction as if a fight was to break out, but they should know by now that Jun wouldn't do anything. For three years he hadn't done anything, why would he suddenly change in the last year?


~Yugi Dawn & Tahlia Faye

Please purchase our book and like our FB page! :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SGK3INC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frozen-Symphony/934451916573286

 

Notes:

Thanks you for reading!!! 

Frozen Symphony
Copyright © 2015 by Yugi Dawn and Tahlia Faye
All rights reserved.


No part of this book may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the authors, except in the case of brief quotations in book reviews.