Chapter Twenty Five

EXO Planet - Tree of Life

They couldn’t find him. There wasn’t a trace of him left, and no matter how long or how loudly they called out, nothing brought them closer to knowing. Ever since they woke up at dawn, they searched. It had been three hours now. They didn’t have any more time to spare.

Sehun had closed in on himself, not returning eye contact to anyone. He’d gone so silent. Silent and still. But there wasn’t sadness or horror in his eyes. Only sheer rage. A shaking kind of anger that pulled the winds up from the earth in shriek howls in the plains. Luhan made his way over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. But, unlike his usual self, Sehun shoved it away, glaring at his elder brother.

“Get your hands off me.” Luhan was taken aback, staring at Sehun’s discolored eyes. Waiting for an explanation. “I’m so sick of his in’ bull. He just runs off into the fields all by himself like some sort of -faced hero.”

“Sehun, it’s not like that.” Luhan tried to interrupt, but Sehun ignored him, the others watching on now.

The winds picked up a little bit more now. “We were supposed to stick together, right? You me and him. That was always the plan. So what makes him think he can just run off all by himself. Not a note or nothing! YOU ING BASTARD!”

No one else saw them, but Luhan knew there were tears welling in Sehun’s eyes. “Leave it to Kris to disappear over night like this,” Luhan mumble dunder his breath, heading towards Sehun yet again.

“He took some of the food with him. We can’t know but, chances are he’s still alive and just went on without us,” D.O. spoke up from the ashes of the bonfire.

Suho stood between them, assessing their priorities. “Most likely… Either way, we don’t have time to waste looking for him anymore. Kris is smart and capable enough, he’ll find us if he needs to. He knows we’re headed to Ruk.” The rest besides Luhan and Sehun began gathering everything from around their camp.

Replacing his hand on Sehun’s shoulder, Luhan sighed and thought to himself how he wasn’t surprised that this happened. He should have known.