Chapter 6: UKiss + Ed

The Good The Bad and the Ignorant

Elis' P.O.V:

                 We got to the company at around 7am. All of us had fallen asleep by that time and were very much annoyed to be disturbed. As I was getting out I saw an unfamiliar little bundle curled up next to Xander. It took me a few moments to recall what it was doing there and then I remembered, Alex.

"Hey" I said shaking both the sleeping figures. " Wake up, Alex and get your up, lazybones" I said pulling Xanders' hair. Eventually, he woke up, but Alex didn't even stir from his sleep. He must have been really tired. But, what was a kid doing up so early anyway?

"Alex" Xander called. "Alex!" he tried again. His eyes slowly opened and he looked up at me.

"Get up, Alex were here", I said. He looked at me with a puzzled look.

"Who's Alex?", he asked getting up. Well, this was strange. I can understand him just waking up and all, but forgetting your own name?

"You are, silly" Xander said brushing it of. Alex frowned, but then seemed to remember something

"Right", he said and rushed out the bus. What a weird kid.

 

Xanders' P.O.V:

                       I got out the bus and followed the others, but I couldn't stop wondering about something. Was his name really Alexander? If not, why had he lied? And what was his real name? Once we reached the building I went straight to the cafeteria and ordered 8 bibimbaps for the members and "Alex". We hadn't managed to get any breakfast as we were in a hurry.

We all sat down and began eating, except Alex. He sat there looking at it, but wouldn't touch it.

"Hey, why aren't you eating?" I asked. He looked up at me, and I could see fear in his eyes.

"Can I?", he whispered.

"Of course! I got it for you. Now eat up." He nodded and picked his chopsticks up. He held them awkwardly in his hand and kept trying  to get the rice in his mouth, but it kept falling of. Somewhere someone giggled. I looked at Alex and saw him giving the death glare to Kibum, who was trying to control himself, but kept failing to.

He suddenly got up and walked away taking the chopsticks with him. 'He must be pissed' I thought. He soon came back and started eating, or rather, wolfing his meal down as if nothing had happened. I looked closely at his chopsticks and saw that he had carved spaces on the wood of one, making it a mini fork, and had sharpened the side of the other. 'Clever', I thought.

We finished our meal and got up to go upstairs and practice for our comeback. As we were walking towards the stairs some of the members stopped and hung around awkwardly. At first I couldn't understand why, but then I caught them glancing back and realized how stupid I had been. Alex was standing in front of the exit, debating whether to go out or not. I bought him all the way here, and as our manager said, I was responsible for him. I  decided having him tag along for a day wouldn't harm anyone so I called him and told him to follow me, ignoring the worried looks the members were giving me. 

Eds' P.O.V

                   We went up the stairs and I couldn't stop feeling I didn't belong there. They entered a room with an extra smooth wooden floor and a giant mirror covering one of the walls. The guys went in and started bowing and greeting an impatient looking man in the middle of the room.

"Where were you? You're already 30 minutes late. We don't have time to waste, you know." He said sulking. Xander walked up to him and whispered something in his ear which seemed to soften the harsh look on his face. Then they both turned and looked at me and I felt like giving them both a piece of my mind about staring at people, but I decided it was unnecessary. I was called in and told to sit in a corner and watch or occupy myself quietly. The music started and the all started dancing in sync as I watched their every move carefully. The music stopped and they were told to start again because Eli had forgotten his part. As they were dancing I got up and quietly started dancing with them in my corner adding a few of my own moves from time to time, mostly break dancing. I was enjoying myself so much with something that wasn't related to drugs in such a long time, that I didn't realize that everyone had stopped and was looking at me in awe. At last the song finished and I realized I was being watched. I turned around and looked at them, expecting them to throw me out for disturbing their practicing, but instead the all started clapping and smiling at me, even the dance-instructor.

"Wow"

"Well done"

"Where did you learn that?" They gathered around me and started bombarding me with all sorts of questions and I didn't know which to answer first.

"Shut up!", the dance-instructor ordered an there was instantly silence but still smiles nonetheless.

"How old are you, kid?", asked looking straight at me. I panicked as I struggled to remember my numbers.

"Hana, dul, set, net.." I started mumbling under my breath.

" What is he doing?", the instructor asked Soohyun.

"Daseo, yeoseo, ilgob, yeodeol..."

"Counting, maybe?" Soohyun replied not sure.

"Ahob, yeol, Yeol.. yeol..." , what's eleven in korean?

"Yeol ( ten)?" the instructor asked confused.

"Uh uh" I shook my head. I was getting really frustrated.

"Shiyi?" I tried in Chinese. "Eleven? Juichi? Elf?" I started in other languages "Enteka?" Heck, I even tried in Greek

"Alright, alright, I got it, yeolhan, right?" I nodded embarrassed.

"Woah, so young", Dongho commented with glee. I think he was just happy to have someone younger than him. They make a big thing about age in Korea.

"Okay, take a break everyone. And when we start again we'll change the choreography a bit, okay?" Everyone nodded and sat down and I saw Kibum and Eli glaring at me. I just sank back into my corner away from them. For once in my life, I began missing the road. I really wanted to get back to Jack and Ana and Mikai and the other kids and, hell, I even missed Haran.