Chapter 2.

Day by day

I enter that house. Some glass spread on the ground, empty bottles, the loud music, the dark atmosphere all over the place and the smell of smoke mixed up with alcohol.

"Where have you been?" Suddenly someone is calling me, it's this man again.

"I went to a friend's house." I say hesitantly.

"Hm, so you thought the diner and laundry would have been done by itself?" The man laughs loudly.

"I'm sorry." I answer softly.

"It's fine." The man approaches me and light up his cigarette in my face.

"You know, I received and interesting call this morning." The man goes to sit on the couch, behind me, but I don't dare to move to look at him.

"The said they were from the police." At those words I feel my heart stopping from beating and I can't talk.

I turn my head and my eyes widen and let out a scream as I feel the flesh of my arm reaping apart from a bottle being thrown at me. The cuts are multiple and deep, the blood is spreading on the floor and the next second I'm lying on the hard cold ground.

My body body is being pushed and mistreated but I can't do anything, it's going to be worse. I feel like there's a fierce crowd of people but it's in fact just the rage of only one man bitting me until I shut my mouth.

I finally find the strength in me and escape, I go lock myself into a room. I can hear him screaming and beating at the door, and all I do is cry.

"Open the door!" His loud voice just keeps yelling at me. At that moment I wish for him to leave me but I know he's never gonna leave me alone.

I cry as loud as I could, I need some air and I feel like my body is too little for my heart almost exploding inside me.

I turn my head and see the window, I ran to it and escape this crazy house as fast as possible. I'm left in the dark streets with my injuries and nowhere to go, I cry and try to find a place to hide.

"Please help me!" I yell but no one seem to hear me.

 

"Please help me!" I opened my eyes and breath heavily.

"It was just a dream." I mumbled to myself in relief.

I kept breathing heavily and my heart wouldn't stop beating so fast. I tried to calm down but I felt like I was trapped. I started sweating and the pain gained me again.

"Help me!" I yelled and got off the bed to crawl and tried to open the door.

I felt like my injuries were still fresh and I could still feel the blood running out of my body.

When I finally reached the door I saw a big shadow upon me.

"I'm sorry, I was wrong. Please forgive me." I said as I covered my face to keep from crying.

"Calm down, it's just me." I could hear Bobby's voice.

He got on his knees to be on the same level as me, he took my hands off my face and hugged me tightly to protect me.

I was still unaware of what was the reality and kept sobbing in his arms as my heart beat got slower to a normal beat. He patted my head slowly and I gripped on his shirt, closing me eyes against his chest.

I progressively got back to my senses and tried to get off his grip.

"I'm sorry." I pushed him a bit so he would understand and I looked at my leg. My injury was all healed and I had no more blood or pain. I suddenly wondered if it wasn't all in my head.

"Are you okay?" Bobby tried to make eye contact with me but I kept looking everywhere. I got up and I was still a bit dizzy.

Bobby led me to the couch as he held my hand and covered me with a blanket.

"I know you don't want want to talk to me for now, but you can trust me." Bobby broke the awkward silence and I smiled in irony.

"I can trust no one." I answered coldly.

"Even if I knew you for years, I would trust you." I said again.

"You can at least try to open to me." Bobby said with a soft voice and looked down.

"What for?" I asked.

"I know I may sound crazy but I think you have something special and I want to know you." He lifted his head and had a smile on his face. It sounded real but I couldn't say anything.

"I just want you to smile." His tone was low.

"From the few days I've known you, you always seem empty."

"Just... Leave me alone." I tried to push him away before he would want to know more.

"No, I'm not gonna leave you alone! You may be hurt but I'm a crazy man and together we're gonna blow up!" He suddenly raised his voice.

"How can I be hurt if I don't have feelings or emotions!" I raised my voice as an answer.

"Just deal with it!" He smiled as he heard me.

"Whether you like it or not, now you're a part of my life and I'm not gonna let you go. You are mine. And if you want to be angry, fine, but all this started because of you." We remained silent foe while and I got up.

"You should run before it's too late." I walked pass him and went back to my room.