Hiding

Let Me See You

Chapter II

Hiding

The sound of a harsh wind could be heard form your room that night. Peeking out from your window, you could see the heavy storm that’s going to happen in a few minutes. Sighing, it’s not like you hate storm or the sound of thunder that’s going along with it.  But you hate the feeling of loneliness that it brings.

The sound of a footstep breaks you from your thought. You look back, looking at the source of the sound. The guy that you looked only smiles sheepishly.

“So, um… So where could I sleep?”

Oh yeah, you forgot that you invited this guy just a few minutes ago. Why did you even force him, a stranger, to go to your home, you don’t even know. You act without thinking. Always like that. Acting without thinking is always your bad habit. Just because he’s sick, you cannot just let him to your home. To a stranger’s home. Your home.
 
You sigh.

“Sleep here.” You point out your index finger to the only bed in that room. He looks at it and then looks back at you, questioning.

“Isn’t that your bed?” He raises his eyebrow.

“Yea, but you could sleep on it. I don’t mind the couch. Moreover, you’re sick.” You shrug, picking up one of your pillows from your bed and then walk to the wardrobe picking out your extra blanket.

He watches you and only stands there near the door of your room, not moving an inch. When you walk pass him, he suddenly grab your hand. You stop abruptly, almost falling the things in your hand. You look up at him, pissed.

He chuckles sheepishly, “…Um, Why not just sleep there with me?” He asked innocently.

“Are you kidding me?” You look at him wide eyed. Is this guy trying to be innocent or just trying to trick you?

“Jonghyun,”

His ears perk up at hearing you called his name for the first time.

“You’re sick. I don’t want to catch your fever. And I’m gonna have a presentation in the next two days.” Despite of your words just now, you could not help your feelings that you actually want to sleep there, right beside him. But of course you burry that thought deep inside your mind. Who would sleep right next to a stranger, whom you could even not know you could trust or not, on the same bed? Definitely not you.

He chuckles, “Doesn’t that mean if I’m not sick, you’re willingly to sleep with me?” He smirks.

You’re shocked, “Wha-?! That’s not what I meant!” You throw the pillow that’s still in your hand to Jonghyun’s head.

He catches it easily while laughing. “Oh, yea, suuuuureee~” He sing-song playfully.

“What?! Don’t make fun of me! It’s great that I even let you sleep on MY bed! While I’m sleeping on the damn couch!” You retort angrily.

“Oh~ So now it’s a damn couch.” He laughs widely, this make him coughs a bit.

You want to retort back but seeing Jonghyun coughing, you give up.

“Haah.. Now you got even worse that before. Sleep Jonghyun, you need it and it’s already past midnight.” You look at him concerned.

He coughs a bit more before replying, “Wha- But I’m not tried~” he looks at you pleadingly, with his hands clamping together.

“Haah.. Are you trying to be a kid? You sure are a strange stranger.” Is that even make sense?

He laughs, “Then sleep with me on the bed.  Consider it as a repayment for the Latte.” He smirks playfully.

Hearing this you startled. “Whaaa?! Didn’t I already pay you with the h-hug?!” You blush after saying this. Without warning, your mind playing back the scene that happened outside the café not long ago.

He chuckles then smirking, “Do you want to hug me again?”

“NOPE! Absolutely NO! I’m tired! Am going to bed.” Instead of walking out the room, you walk heading to the bed. You sit there on the right side of the bed with your hands folding, pouting.

"Awww," Seeing this, Jonghyun’s smirk turn into a wide grin. He picks up the pillow that you threw from the tiles, then walk to the bed that you’re sitting at. Opening up the folded blanket that you just hold, preparing for bed. Jonghyun hands out the pillow that he picked just now. You look at him and silently take the pillow. He then sits on the other side of the bed, crisscrossed, watching you.

When you finish setting up the bed for you to be comfortable, you lay down. You look at the left side wanted to see if Jonghyun already sleeping. But your eyes got wide when you see him still awake and still looking at you. Without warning he smiles down at you, “Thanks.”

Then he reaches out for his blanket and sleep on his left side, facing away. You blush. What was that? The sweet smile and the longed look that you got from him not a few seconds ago, shocked you. Is there something bad happened with Jonghyun? That clicked you. He’s sick but he still went out to go to an almost empty café a few hours before midnight, alone. Not to mention he brings that guitar of his, without even playing it. And when you look back at your memories, Jonghyun’s eyes were a bit puffy, like he’s been crying not long before you met him. There must be something happened. You turn your back. Now being back to back with the person sleeping beside you. Guess you’re going to find it out tomorrow.


 

To be honest this was also from two years back, I'm gonna work the next chapter for real! lol XD