Meeting

Let Me See You

Chapter I 

Meeting

You laughed at your friend’s jokes that noon. Your class has finished since 10 minutes ago. Now, you and the two of your friends are planning to have lunch in a fast food restaurant near your campus. Because it’s only near, you and your friends decided to go by foot.

“Eh, eh, did you hear the news?” You hear one of your friends talk. From the sound of it, you could guess that she’s bringing up a new gossip.

“What?” Response your other friend.

“I heard that there’s a popular band that’s gonna hold a concert here next week!” You see her clapping her hands excitedly.


“What? Really? What band?” You start getting anxious wondering whom might that band be.

“I’m not sure. But they say they are from Korea. I’m sure as hell that Jena knows them. She knows about this kind of stuff.” Your friend starts to shake her head.

“But anywaaaaaay… I heard that they’re hot!” A wide smile starts to form on your friend’s face.

Both you and your other friend only sigh and face-palming yourself.



“We’re here. Let’s get something to eat.” You said while walking up to the counter.

They order the same things as you. Double spicy Kentucky chicken, fries, and cokes.  When you and your friends got your order, the three of you are trying to search for a place to sit.

“Ah, there!” Exclaims one of your friends while pointing at a four-seat table near the window.

Once the three of you settled down, you start drinking the coke while your friends already munching out the chickens.

“Sooooo~ Doh youh guuyyysss want to seeh deh conceerttt?” Your friend asked while still chewing the oh-so-delicious chicken.

“Huum?” Both you and your other friend look at her, raising your eyebrows.

“Don’t ‘hum’ me! Let’s go to that concert!”

“You sure it’s next week right?” You start asking her.

“Yep! Yep!” Answer your friend excitedly.

Both you and your other friend stop eating and look at each other.

“Pleeaaaaasseee? I’m gonna buy the tickets for you guys! Okaay?” She starts looking at the both of you. Trying to persuade you.

“Okaaay.” The two of you only sigh and smile.

“Woohoo! I’m gonna ask Jena what band is it so we could buy the tickets!”



3 days after 

It’s 10PM in the evening. Most of everyone already falls asleep by that time, resting for tomorrow’s activity. But you’re not. You cannot sleep. Turning from one side and to the other, looking for a comfortable way to sleep. But it’s like there’s something that bothers you that night. You get up and change your clothes. Jeans, t-shirt, and a jacket. You think that would be nice, wearing simple clothing.

You close the door of your apartment and lock it. You put both of your hands inside of your jacket pocket and start walking. It’s cold that night. Almost nearing the winter after all.

You walk without knowing where you are going. Maybe walking around the blocks would be nice, you think. You could see there’s still many stores that still open late at night. A 24/7 Supermarket, some small shops, a 24/7 fast food restaurant, and a cafe. In the end you choose the café. You walk there, passing the quite road.

Cling

You look around the café. Only 2 tables are occupied. You start walking and search for a nice spot to sit. After minutes of walking you choose the sit a bit on a corner of the café, near a bar. The waiter comes at you and gives you a menu list for you to order. After saying the order to him, your eyes look to a small stage placed inside of the café. A guy with a black jacket is singing while playing an acoustic guitar.

Uri seoro banmalhaneun saiga doelgeoya 
Hangeoreumssik cheoncheonhi dagawa 
Ijen nae dununeul barabomyeo mareul haejullae 
Neol saranghae

Even though you don’t understand him, his voice still amazed you. So you just sit there and listened while closing your eyes. Without your notice, a guy with black hair has been staring at you since you entered the café. He wears a brown leather jacket, that he left open so everyone who sees him could see his white t-shirt inside it, and he wears a pair of black jeans. There’s also a big black bag that looks like a guitar shape on a chair beside him.

You notice the waiter when he gave you the Latte that you ordered. You smile, giving him a silent thank you. The waiter smiled back and nods as your reply. You take a sip of it and you raise your eyebrows. You decided that you like it. It tastes so damn good!

The guy that has been staring at you chuckles when seeing your reaction to the latte. You hear the chuckling and turn your head searching for the source. You see the guy with the brown jacket sitting not too far from you. You caught his stare. Both of you and him only stare at each other without saying a thing. A few seconds after, you see him smile at you and he gets up from his chair. You see him walking to the cashier and pay for his bills. After paying, he goes back to his table and takes his big black bag. He turns around and sees you still staring at him, watching his every move. He smiles again,

‘Bye..’ he mouthed to you. This caught your attention. The guy leaves with the ring of the doorbell behind him.

You only sit there wide-eyed still staring at the door of the café where the guy just left. Hurriedly, you go up to the cashier.

“You don’t need to pay. The guy from before already paid for it.” You hear the cashier said.

This stops your action from pulling money for your wallet. You look at him as if you don’t understand what he was saying.

“What? Really?” You hurriedly put back your wallet inside your jeans pocket at run out of the café.

You frantically turn your head right and left trying to search for that guy. Finally, you see him walking on the other side of the road. You run after him.

“Waaiiit!” You wave your hand while running, trying to make him notices you.

He stops, turning around. His left eyebrow raising.

“Haah.. haaah.. waaiiit.” You pant, getting tired of running.

He stands there, waiting for you.

Finally, after controlling your breath, you say,

“Why did you pay for me?” You raise your head looking straight to his eyes.

“…Um, I was being nice?” He answers with uncertainty while smiling freely. You got stunned for hearing his voice for the first time, and his sincere smile… makes you…

melt.

“Hellooo? Is anyone hoomee?” You finally got to your senses when the pale-skinned guy starts waving his hand in front of you. He laughs while his hand covering his mouth, to be polite and maybe out of habit. Red tints covering your cheeks.

“Uh, yes there is.” You smile while looking down, embarrassed.

Again, you hear him laugh. You start playing with your hands.

“…Y-you don’t have t-to pay for me, y-you know,” You stutter still in embarrassment.

His laugh turns into smile. “Nah, it’s okay.”

“B-but I don’t even know you. So here.” You take out your wallet and give him the money that you think you owe him. He looks at it and only smile, doesn’t have any intend to take the money in your hands.

“No, I said it’s okay. I like to treat people.” He smiles.

“B-but..”

He sighs.

“If you feel bad... Then give me something else other than money.” He smiles playfully.

You’re shocked, wide-eyed. “E-eh? W-what kind of something?”

He smiles widely. “You do like to stutter a lot. Is it because of me?” He gives you a smirk.

You only become more embarrassed. Looking your shoes, is now more interesting than anything else.

“You sure are cute.” He laughs. Your eyes turn a bit wide. You never expect him to say something like that.

He smiles. “Give me a hug.”

You freezed. “W-what?”

He only keeps smiling and opens his arms, inviting you. You’re not sure about this. But you know very well that you want to hug him, a stranger, even if you don’t have to repay him for the latte. You could feel that there’s something else with this guy.

“Well, c’mon. I’m waiting.” He grins.

Again with his smile. Now you decided that you really like his carefree smile. You take a step forward, step by step, slowly.

“You don’t have to be afraid… I wont bite you.” He chuckles still with his arm open.

You stop and look at him. You take a step forward and hug him awkwardly which make it unintentionally a bit harsh.

“Oof! Hahaha.” He laughs and hugs you back.

You open up courage and look into his face above you. You see him smiles brightly, he seems really happy. But you’re confused though. Why a guy, a stranger at that, seems happy hugging another stranger? But seeing his happy wide smile makes you feel also happy. So without your awareness you hug him more tightly.

He got shocked at first but eventually he start your hair. You could feel his warm hot hand touching your head. Wait, hot?

“Hey…”

“Um?” You response with your face still buried deep inside his embrace.

He chuckles. “So you do want to hug me this much, huh?”

Shocked. Hurriedly you letting go your embrace. A deep red color covers all your face. The guy in front of you laughs out loud seeing your reaction. And you only stand there being red.

Finally, after a while his laughter died and replaced by a smile. You are still standing there, feeling embarrassed. While standing there, you hear a footstep coming towards you. You look up and see the guy that you just hugged comes to you. He suddenly stops right in front of you and looks at you deeply. He brings up his right hand toward your left cheek. You stand there watching him, getting confused. The guy only smiles and your cheek. You freeze, wide-eyed. He looks at you straight in the eye. You stare at him and feeling his warm- wait, his hand is a bit hot...

Finally letting go of his , the guy smile never leaving his face. You see him turns around, picking up his bag and walk away from you.

“Bye.”

You stare at his back, confused. Wait, his hands were hot! Is he sick? Getting this idea, your eyes go wide and you start chasing him.

“Wait! Wait mister!”

He stops and turns back looking at you, confused.

“Hah.. Hah.. You’re sick aren’t you?” You look him in the eye. You could see his shocked face. You bring your hand toward his forehead.

“See! You are sick! You have fever!” You accuse him. He only smiles and chuckles.

“You should have rest! You’re reaaaly hot!” You fold your hand in front of your chest, getting mad.

“Thanks.” He smirks.

Startled by the response, you blush. “That’s not what I meant!”

He chuckles. Hearing this you pout. “Come! Let’s go to my place! You don’t have anywhere to go, don't you?”

He got shocked. “Right? I won’t hear no as answer! You’re sick!” You start pulling his hand and lead him to go to your place. And finally he sighs and follows you.

“Oh, and don’t call me mister. My name is Jonghyun.”

 


 

I hope that this isn't too long? XD

Well, I hope you like it! Not sure whether to continue or just leave like that. So please do give me suggestions! XD