Final

The Girl Who Always Smiles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Congratulations Jiyeon!”

Jiyeon tilted her head to the side as she looked at her teacher, who called her after their class ended to talk to her.

“You’re in! Samsung really liked you and they accepted only you during this round of interview! You’re in as an intern in the Marketing Department!”

The girl began to beam widely as her jaws dropped.

“Yes, Jiyeon! You got into Samsung!”

JIyeon grabbed the teacher’s hand and bowed a few times in gratitude.

“Don’t thank me, silly. You did it for yourself. You went for the interview, not me. Right?”

JIyeon let go of her hand and smiled sheepishly, unable to wipe the grin off her face.

“I’ll explain the details now.” Her teacher started with a smile, and Jiyeon listened to her attentively. It will be a 6 months intern-contract with Samsung, and she will be granted some off days too.

Long story short, she will be working just like a full-timer in the office for the upcoming 6 months.

“You’ll be starting next week, is that okay?”

Jiyeon nodded her head with a wide grin but only to replace it with a small frown after. That caught the teacher’s attention. “What’s wrong?”

Jiyeon pouted and took a paper over, writing her thoughts down, “Will they be bad when they know I’m mute?”

“Of course not! They knew you can’t speak, silly.” Her teacher reassured, “They interviewed you personally and they saw you. You’ll be fine, silly girl.”

That brought a smile to her face again.

“You’ll begin next week when the holiday begin, are we clear now, young lady?”

Jiyeon nodded her head firmly and brightly, with a fist pumped up in the air.

“That’s my good student! Good luck with your 6 months internship, lady.”

With that, Jiyeon held the documents tightly in her arms and walked out of the school happily. *I’m going to Samsung! I’m going to Samsung!*

It was always her dream job to be in a big company. Even though she’ll only be an intern now, she didn’t mind. At least she’ll be part of the whole big team!

Jiyeon brightened up when she reached Samsung. The big building stood in front of her proudly, and she kept staring at it in awe. *I’ll be here next week! I’ll be working in there with other people too!*

She just wanted to take a good look at the company before she officially joined them.

And she did.

After staring at the building for minutes, she finally continued her way back home.

Jiyeon waited for the traffic man to turn green before taking a step out to the road, but to her horror, the car approaching the traffic light didn’t seem to be stopping.

Jiyeon stopped her steps and widened her eyes in horror as she looked at the approaching car.

She was numb.

She was shocked.

She was having a mental breakdown.

*What will happen now? Will I die? Will I die and not go Samsung next week? I haven’t even join for the first day!*

She closed her eyes tightly, waiting for further impact, but only to feel a strong thud pulling her back to the roadside.

She dared not open her eyes.

She was tensed.

So tensed up and frightened.

She could only open her eyes when she felt her body being shaken by someone. There, in front of her, was a man.

He was in a black suit, with a simple red champagne dress shirt inside. He was wearing a pair of sunglasses. He had his hair gel up. He was so handsome.

“Are you okay?”

Jiyeon gulped hardly before panting badly, finally regaining her senses.

“Yah!”

She finally nodded her head when she felt another shake on her body.

“Psh.” The man hissed before letting her go, “Watch where you’re going! You have to make sure the cars stopped before walking on the road, do you get it?”

Jiyeon bit her lips, trying to hide her smile, as she nodded her head in obedience.

“Seriously! How old are you already?! Don’t you know the traffic rules?! Huh?! Such a big girl and you have no sense of safety!”

Jiyeon couldn’t help but to let out a wide grin.

“And you’re still smiling?!”

She smiled widely before pouncing on him, giving him a tight hug.

However, that made the man froze.

He had his arms frozen up in the air by her side, and his neck was stretching up high as though he was an ostrich.

No, he wasn’t tensed up.

He was pissed.

He pushed her away hurriedly before wiping his suit to make it straight again, “Don’t touch me, you low-life girl!”

That made Jiyeon frozen up instead. She stared at him blankly and waited for him to continue.

“I don’t even know who you are! Don’t hug me, Oh God! Who knows if you’ve any illness or disease?!” The man hissed madly.

*Meanie…* But Jiyeon couldn’t be mad since he saved her. *Although you’re handsome and my savior but you’re a meanie…*

Jiyeon bowed politely as a gratitude before walking away from him sadly.

The man scoffed before walking away, to the opposite direction. “What a bad day.”

~~~~~

Jiyeon stood in front of the Samsung building with her first new set of office-wear. *Finally! I’m here!*

She walked up to the receptionist and showed her the contract. Within seconds, she was being brought up to the HR department to get things ready.

After which, she was finally being brought up to the Marketing Department, where she will be working at.

The HR lady brought her into the director’s room since she was new, and left her inside. “Wait here, alright? The director will be back in a while from the office meeting.”

Jiyeon bowed with a wide smile and waved bye to the HR lady, sending her off. She sat on the couch and waited indeed.

She waited and waited, and finally, the door opened.

The man walked in while rotating his head to relax his muscles, and Jiyeon stood up to greet him at once.

“Ah, you’re the new intern right?”

Jiyeon nodded her head as she walked over to his table, while he sat down on his seat.

Finally, he finished exercising his neck and looked up, only to scoff in disbelieved, “YOU?!”

Jiyeon bit her lips and did a bow again.

“You’re the new intern?!”

She nodded her head.

“God. What a small world.” He sighed and flipped through her resume. “Seoul University huh? I thought you came from a low-life family when I saw you last week.”

Jiyeon kept quiet.

Not like she could talk too.

Flip. “Okay. Your results are not bad.”

And she kept quiet again.

Flip. “You’re mute?!”

Jiyeon lowered her head when he looked up at her, “Why the hell would they accept a mute into the office?! God! You can’t even speak!”

Flip. “What am I supposed to give you to do then?! Huh?!”

Jiyeon didn’t give up. She smiled as she took out a paper from her bag along with a pen, “I can do anything!”

“Anything huh?” He scoffed. “Okay. I’ll make sure you do everything.” Myungsoo smirked as if planning a perfect scheme in mind.

Jiyeon seemed oblivious to it and nodded her head eagerly.

Myungsoo gave her a smirk again, before paging his secretary in.

“Yes, Mr. Kim?”

“Bring her around and show her the office. Then bring her back here for further instructions.”

“Yes, Mr. Kim.”

The secretary led Jiyeon out, and showed her the whole office indeed. Jiyeon was simply awed by everything.

It’s her dream come true.

“And this is the pantry. Got it now?”

Jiyeon nodded her head happily and smiled widely at the secretary. “Let’s go back to the office now.”

“Did she get everything?”

“Yes, Mr. Kim.”

“Great.” Myungsoo turned to Jiyeon then, “Park Jiyeon. Come out with me.”

Jiyeon grinned widely and waited patiently for her first job.

Myungsoo introduced her to the whole team instead, “Everyone! This is Park Jiyeon! The new intern!”

Everyone looked at Jiyeon, while she smiled brightly.

“And she’s mute!”

Gasps could be heard and murmurs were soon appearing.

Jiyeon treated it as nothing and smiled widely again.

“She said she could do anything too! So if you have anything for her to do, just tell her to do it! Anything!”

Myungsoo smirked in victory and turned to Jiyeon, “Get the office cleaned. You know where the janitor closet is. Sweep the whole floor and mop it. Get all the rubbish from each and every table and throw them away.”

Jiyeon frowned at once.

“Why? Don’t want to do it? You said you can do anything.”

And her frown was replaced with a smile again. She nodded her head in obedience and ran out to the janitor closet.

Indeed, she used the whole morning to get the office cleaned.

After she was done, she walked back to Myungsoo’s office to report it to him.

“Done with cleaning?”

Jiyeon nodded her head firmly, proudly. Yes, she took everything she do proudly.

“Good. Now go get the windows and glass doors cleaned. Use newspapers to make it sparkling. I want it without any dust.”

Jiyeon smiled and ran out again, to get her new job done.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter