New Roomate

We Will Meet Again

Again this. Maybe I should rest like everyone suggests me. But no, I can’t. For sure not now. I must learn. Money won’t earn itself. I’m starting third year in high school, very important to me. If I stop learning even a bit now, I don’t want to think how my exams will go then.
So, what am I doing now? I’m lying in hospital. I fainted again. But I and either my family know what to do in such situation. I could be in home now, not here without all my notes. Well, I think I should accept it. In a moment holiday are ending, so it’s clearly known I won’t see my house till that time. My parents already cared about it.
When I was lying like that and thought about my terrible, life nurses came with someone. It was a boy… aww no, a man. But I had to notice it by the way they were talking to him. He couldn’t be much older than me. Anyway, his features didn’t show it. He still had that childish lines, mimic and voice cute enough. He went through process of knowing work of all machines here and unnecessary nurses talking. When the nurses went out giggling he sighted of relief. It amused me a bit and made feel better. Seems like I’m not the only one, who have to go through this behavior. He looked around the whole room, stopped for a while at view out of a window next to him, then looked at me like he didn’t know about my existence before.
“Hi” he said a bit shy, smiling and blushing. I’ve only nodded with my head in answer and his face fulfilled with red even more. It can be he is embarrassed by everyone. Okay, maybe I can understand these nurses. He was really cute. But in the way little children are cute. Everyone is acting totally different toward child. They are making others smiling, trying to talk all cutie, hugging and kissing this nipper… No. I didn’t want to hug him nor even kiss. But he seemed to feel really comfortable if he would be put in kindergarten.

For rest of the day I couldn’t take my eyes off him. Maybe because I didn’t have anything else to do or maybe he fascinated me. Till evening he didn’t put out of bed even a little finger, what just made it easier to observe him. The way he was moving awkwardly, smiling while sleeping, sighting when looking through window, even how he avoided my eyes. This everything had uncopiable charm. And it influenced at people in very strange ways. For example, nurses melted just by thinking of him. And in my case… I didn’t want to come back home anymore.
It was a middle of night when I woke up. Oh, actually not by myself, because a sound of glass hitting on another glass woke me up. I straightened, immediately looking at bed of the opposite side of room. I calmed down, when saw he is alright. He was holding an empty bottle in hand and another already was crashed on the floor. He looked scared at me, quietly saying apologize. At that moment for the first time I lost my body control.
“Are you okay?” I asked and sat on the edge of his bed. After a while I noticed it wasn’t really smart to ask something like that person who was in hospital.
“Yes, yes, don’t worry. I’m sorry for waking you up. If I wasn’t a klutz…” he lowered his head and started playing with end of a blanket.
“Nah, I have just one question. Why in middle of night, when everyone should be sleeping you are breaking bottles?”
“I didn’t supposed to do it… I didn’t see the second standing there” he started to explain himself again, but stopped when saw I’m smiling. His face was all red again, what I could see even just with slightly light coming out of window. “I woke up and felt thirsty but both bottles were empty. The rest you know.”
“If you want to, I can give you my water. I have still a lot.” He looked at me as if I was a Jesus, being able to make water out of nowhere or change it into a wine. What, sadly, I couldn’t do. It could be fun to empty one bottle together.  
“Thank you. Actually, what’s your name?” He said when I gave him water. I’ve noticed he was braver than before.
“Cho Kyuhyun. And yours?”
“Lee Sungmin. Nice to meet you.” He smiled showing tiny teeth, didn’t know what to do with himself.
“Me also, Sungmin.” I couldn’t stop from saying his name. It sounded so nice.
“Hyung.”  
“What?” I haven’t got any idea what he means by that. Did he think I’m older?  
“You should call me so. I’m older that you. But I forgive you. Of course you didn’t know it.” He explained and smiled with a mouth row. “Even if I want to talk more with you, I feel really sleepy. Can we continue on a better time?” Asking-puppy face he knows perfectly. I agreed in a second. “So, good night Kyuhyunnie.” He grabbed my arm to lift up a bit and touched my cheek with his lips. Then he hid under the blanket immediately like a bunny in a burrow. I went back to my bed but for a long time couldn’t sleep. That short moment of approach definitely awakened me. On the other hand I felt I’m worse than him. I should be the first one to start this kind of relationship. I’m always the first one so how the hell did I let him to? It can be fun, getting closer to him. Just one question was still on my mind. How much is he older than me? Oh, and then, how did he even know that? We see each other for the first time in our lives, we never heard about the other, I think so… On the one hand he looked at my age so could explain it. Maybe then we’ve could met somewhere in the past. Like in school or some club activities. But on the other he was older enough to be my hyung, as he said. That’s too much for one night. I don’t even know when I finally fell asleep.

“Wake up… Hey… C’mon… Waaake up…” From a pink wonderland where bunnies with Sungmin face were happily jumping, brutally took me out someone hands, shaking me lightly. I opened eyes slowly and saw very pleasure and nice view. He was leaning above me with smile hiding on his lips.
“Something happened, so you waking me up this early?”
“First, nothing happened. I just started getting bored. Second, I’m not sure if it’s that early. It’s already after eleven.” While saying me these everything he sat comfortably on the opposite side on my bed and didn’t take eyes of me even for a second.
“Why no one woke me up?” I also sat. What a messy hospital is it, where they don’t wake up patients when it’s needed.
“Nurse tried but said later she’s afraid. Do you know why?” Curiosity was just popping out of him. I really wanted to see his reaction so started explaining why it could turn this way.
“ It’s somehow… a funny story, for me. Everything is related to morning in a day when you came here. One of nurses as always came to wake me up and gave breakfast. I still have holidays and want to sleep longer. I don’t like waking up early with the sunrise everyday. Yesterday I said a few words too much. Well only they think like that, not me. I said my opinion about it and pushed away a plate because I wasn’t hungry. It wasn’t my fault it fell down on the floor making a big mess and that she cut her hands with broken pieces. But their fault is imprecision with making dishes. I found pills which they were hiding in it. They did it because form the first day I said I won’t take any. I’m just shocked no one reminded me yet. Situations like this one are always when I’m here.” My smile was bigger with every second as Sungmin shock widely opening his eyes. 
“It was kinda rude of you… But what can I say. We don’t know each other practically.” His face came normal again. And again, I stared at him in gaze when he looked into my eyes.
“We can change it.” I said with smile because of which my friend gave another nickname – evil. I don’t know what’s wrong with my smile, I thought I’m just handsome. I was looking at his expression when he understood my innocent proposition. In the end he grinned.
“So, I have a few questions to you.”
“Just ask, don’t be shy.” I just said and the door has opened.
“Oh, you woke up already? That’s great. Maybe you want to eat something?” Young nurse was looking at us surprised. To be honest it was rarely to see two men sitting close each other on a bed, in hospital. Exactly, I don’t know when he got closer enough to me that we were touching with knees.
“Can I have an apple, please?” I said almost not looking at her.
“Of course.” She came back quickly. Before closing the door she looked at us with really weird face.
“What’s with her face?” Sungmin asked still looking at door. I only moved my arms and started to eat. “You took it only because they can’t put anything in it, don’t you?”
“Maybe.” I laughed, couldn’t take more with his consternated face. “And now, continue.” I don’t know what sort of his faces supposed to express, but for me were cute even more when sometimes add some blushing.
“You said you still have holiday. How old are you if you attend to school?”
“Eighteen, so it’s my last year in high school. And how it’s with you? You can’t be much older, right?” His shocked face was priceless.
“I… practically like you still go to school. But I’m two years older.” He said not looking at me.
“How is it? You did not pass?” For me it was the only option.
“No, it’s not like that. I’m a teacher. Almost. I still study. But it’s changing in a moment.” Honestly? I couldn’t imagine him as a teacher. Maybe cause of his unstoppably innocent, and that I’ve got used to very self-confident teachers.
“Oh, I get. I wish you all the best in your future work then.” I said honestly with smile. What’s wrong with me? I’m giving smiles like a guy newspaper at morning. “Okay, next question.” I decided to change topic when saw he don’t want to continue this one.
“It’s also related to what you’ve said before. Why it’s your another stay in hospital? But… If you don’t want to, then don’t answer. I’ll understand.”
“I already started talking, so it’s nothing. Not so long ago I left this hospital after serious enough car accident. Since then I had much work. I sometimes faint and wake up here. Everyone keep talking I’m overworking myself and I’m not fully health yet. After a few argues I noticed it doesn’t make any sense and won’t give me any results. That’s why I’m here since a couple of days and not going out till holiday ends. My family wants to isolate me form work and notes so I could rest.”
“You can think what you want to but I totally agree with them. You are very stubborn, right?”
“I just fight for my opinions.” I said resentful but we both couldn’t not to laugh. “It would be not fair if you didn’t tell me why you are here. So go on.”  
“But I don’t have any interesting stories as yours. I’ve just fallen from a chair trying to take something what was too high for me. As you’ve already seen this night, I’m a bit clumsy. So practically I’m here of the same reason as you. I also fainted.” Oh, we matched perfectly then, I thought, almost saying it out loud. We were looking at each other not knowing what to say. Door opened again. This time it was like godsend. In the threshold was standing a boy with almost shoulder-length brown hair. He leaned on arm and sent me big smile.
”What’s with you? Will you stay there all day? Sit, you idiot.”
“You don’t even know how I missed your kindness.” He answered and took a sit on a chair next to me. “And when it comes to kindness… I’m Henry, best friend of this jerk.” He turned to Sungmin with these words, who also introduced.
“Yah, I’m not a jerk!” For sure I won’t let him call me like that.
“I’m sure you’ve already heard a lot about me.” He didn’t pay attention on me and kept talking to Sungmin who was sitting still really close to me.
“No, not really actually. He didn’t say any word about you…” Sungmin answered embarrassed if it was his fault.
“And I know him well enough to figure it out without any problem, so no need to worry about it. See, you’re a jerk.” Last sentence he said to me, of course.
“Umm… maybe we’ll talk later, okay?” Sungmin said when the silent became awkward. I nodded, wasn’t able to say anything. I felt Henry’s eyes on me very well.
“Don’t you want to tell me anything?” He said quite enough so Sungmin couldn’t hear him.
“Maybe that’s just your imagination?”
“Don’t play stupid. I know this one your face very well. You’ve fallen. For him. Really, really deep.”
“What are you talking about…” I couldn’t believe he figured everything out so fast.
“I said, don’t play. But you have a taste. He is sweet.” I blushed immediately on these words. It could be the reason of his laugh. “So, if you confirmed it, then tell me everything.”
“But what do you want to hear from me?” How he was making me feel so messy in my own mind?
“Where is his school, how old is he, and why he was sitting so close to you… Everything you know.”
“He finished school. Is twenty years old. We talked and while time was passing by he somehow got closer.” I tried to make my voice sounds normal, not showing any emotions.
“Wow, you crazy.”
“What do you mean?” He started slowly irritates me.
“It’s the first time when you are the younger one… uke.”
“Aish! Reduce your meetings with Heechul! I see he has bad influence on you!” I hit him lightly when he poked me with hand.
“Like on everyone. And I won’t. He got got closer like never before, and I don’t complain at all. Remind yourself who discovered who you’re now.”
“You see? It’s nothing wrong. In the end you were the one who thought we are all gays, when you first came here.” I forgot for a while we’re not alone here. It ended with seeing shocked Sungmin’s expression. If it wasn’t by itself a great punishment my friend hit me in head.
“Besides… I don’t fit as uke.” I added annoyed but then we started laugh. For the first time since long time we were talking about all unnecessary things, and it was what I really needed. But time passed too quickly. I wanted him to stay with me a bit longer because we’re going to meet in school again and I missed our chatting. On the other hand if he go quicker, then I would finally talk with Sungmin.

It was practically an evening. I got my way to Sungmin bed. He was sleeping, what I noticed later. I sat near him and looked closely at him. Hair had messed a bit, mouth opened slightly but enough to feel his sweet breathes when I got even closer. I started brushing his hair when he woke up. I stayed still with my hand on his head and eyes on his shocked.
“I had no heart to wake up sleeping.” I whispered.
“You’re saying I have no heart?”
“I can’t be sure about it.”
“You can be surprised, but I have one.”
“I’m glad.” I moved my hand from his hair to his cheek, which immediately afterwards replaced with mouths. Why I did it? Good question. He looked at me with not hidden surprise but didn’t moved away.
“For what was it?” he also whispered and smiled slightly.
“For nothing. And everything.” I smiled back while had to move away from him, when he wanted to sit.
“Can I ask you something?” I heard after a little while of silent.
“Ask what you just want to.”
“Do you have or ever had… anyone?” I was almost sure his hesitation was caused by Henry’s words.
“So far I have not.” But maybe one person would like to change it. “And you?”
“No. But at the moment I don’t have time for being with someone.” Just ask and I’ll find you time. I had to be really certain to not comment it out loud.
“Why do you ask?”
“I was just curious. And you told me to ask what I want to.” I adored this smile more and more to the point, where it shouldn’t be able to. We talked without break till we got something to eat, also sitting then on Sungmin bed. When we finished both stood up wants to go to toilet. He laughed quietly and went first. I realized I heard him laughing for the first time. It would be strange if it wasn’t also cute. While waiting for him to come back I was walking around whole room. When he opened the door, screamed in frighten.
“Am I that scary?” I just forgot the light was switched off.
“No, you aren’t at all. I just didn’t know you’re waiting here and… and somehow…” He began to mumble and blush more and more. I made a few steps in his way, want to calm him down. Then he quickly changed distance between us and hugged me tightly.
“You are sweet.” I had to admit it and tell him.
“What are you saying? No. No, I’m not at all.” He answered and hid head even more into my shoulder. Now I could see I was taller than him. It didn’t fit in Henry’s theory about us at all. I laughed at my thoughts, patting his head, then carried him back to bed. In a while I came back and sat on my previous place. We talked to late night not thinking about feeling tired and sleepy. It didn’t bother him I was the one who was lying. After a while he was lying next to me and we fell asleep in a hug.