...

Nice Guy

 

The next Sunday, Sehun paid a visit to Tiffany’s little bakery. The place was quite secluded from the main road and really small, which only fit three tables for four. The rest of the area is the display for her cakes and her kitchen. Tiffany said her bakery was about to close, but she had a last minute order from a regular customer. Since the customer was already like a friend to her, Tiffany decided to fulfill her order of 200 red velvet cupcakes.

 

“This is such a nice place. Why are you closing it?” Sehun asked as he poured the ingredient into the mixer bowl as Tiffany instructed him.

 

“Well, business has been slow, and it’s getting too hard to manage everything by myself. Eggs.”

 

Sehun poured the remaining eggs into the mixer bowl. “You weren’t by yourself before this?”

 

“I was with my… friend.” Tiffany let out a small sigh. “Long story short, she ran way with my money. Also, turned out my boyfriend, now, my ex, was cheating on me with her. Milk.”

 

Sehun winced at her story. He reached for the milk glass and poured the content into the mixer bowl.

 

“Wait! Little by-”

 

“Ugh, too late.” Sehun closed one eye as milk dripped from his lashes. He poured too much milk at once that they all splashed back at him. Tiffany just laughed out loud even though her dough was ruined. Tiffany reached for a kitchen paper towel and dabbed gently at Sehun’s  face as she continued laughing. Sehun laughed a little, but the both of them gradually quiet down. Now that Tiffany was close to him, she finally noticed a scar on the side of his head. It must be the scar form their first met, the one cause by that random drunk ahjusshi.

 

“Sehun, can I look at your scar?”

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow in wonder, but realized what she meant soon. “Ah, that one? Sure. It’s all better. I have quick recovery.”

 

Tiffany ran her finger tips along the scar. She could feel the slight bump of the scar, but his soft hair had fully grown over the spot. Seemed like his hair grew pretty quick too.

 

“It tickles.” Sehun chuckled. Tiffany’s slim fingers kept going back and forth on his head. He reached for her hand and gently put it away. His eyes accidentally met hers, and he realized how close they were. For some weird reason, Tiffany didn’t look away. In fact, she kept looking at him unblinking with her round, sparkly eyes.  

 

Ugh, his heart was doing that weird thing again. It was pounding so hard he wondered if Tiffany could hear it.

 

“You have something on your face,” Tiffany told her.

 

“I do?”

 

Tiffany nodded. “Yeah, right-” Tiffany touched his cheek and smudged flour across his face, “here!” Her shoulders shook with uncontrollable laughter.

 

“Oh, come on!” Sehun whined as he finally realized what Tiffany was up to, but he was always a moment too late. In a flash, Tiffany had pulled out her smartphone.

 

“This one would be a hit in my ig.” She stuck her tongue out at Sehun.

 

“Oh, no you don’t!” Sehun tried to take the phone from her hands but she had ran away. Tiffany giggled like a little child, eager to play tag with her new friend. Sehun wasn’t angry at all, but he went after her anyway just to keep her laughing. The sound she made was just… Heavenly. And so, their baking day turned into being silly and childish even after they started baking again later.

 

 

 

Sehun walked back and forth, his lips opened and closed as he practiced his well prepared sentences in front of the mirror in his room.

 

“Hey, Fany. I have extra tickets for Sung Shi Kyung’s Christmas Eve concert. Wanna go?” Sehun sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration.

 

“What if she has other plans? What if she thinks I’m gross?” He had so many negative thoughts which involved Tiffany rejecting him. “I should stop thinking too much. It’s just going to concert together, nothing else.”

 

“You’re hopeless.” Kai laughed from the living room as he watched the tv. He didn’t live there, but he often frequented the single dwelling unit.

 

“I don’t want to hear that from you.” Sehun narrowed his eyes. As he was about start his practice again, Kai appeared at the door.

 

“Want some tips?” Kai smirked.

 

“Shut up. It’s not a date. It’s just going to concert together.”

 

Kai nodded mockingly. “Sure, sure. A Sung Shikyung concert. You know, all those lovely, romantic ballads. Of course it’s not a date.”

 

“Can you leave now? You’re rising my electric bills.”

 

Kai ignored his dismissal and proceeded with his love talk. “You should be more confident with yourself, you know. Look at that face. Girls would flock to you with a snap of a finger.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “I’m not like you. I don’t want girls to flock to me.”

 

“Okay, I get it. Except Tiffany, of course.”

 

“Kai, get out.” Sehun pushed Kai away from his room and towards the door. Kai just laughed and insisted to blabber some more.

 

“You should take her to a walk after the concert. Preferably a private spot where you can watch the fireworks! Make some light chats, make her laugh. When she does,-”

 

“CUT IT OUT!” Sehun slammed the door on Kai’s grinning face.

 

“-kiss her!” Kai shouted from behind the door.

 

Sehun mumbled under his breath, “Why would I kiss her?” The thought occupied his mind with the image of her lips. Her gorgeous smile, her musical laugh. Her pink lips. A kiss.

 

Sehun shook his head.

 

 

 

Sehun held the tickets in his hand as soon as he sat in the bus. He sighed. He didn’t have enough guts to ask her out. She did say that she would be a little busy with her packing and stuffs since she will be moving out on Christmas. Maybe it’s best that he ditched the concert. What was he thinking anyway? She would no longer be here after Christmas.

 

“Hey, Sehun!”

 

Alarmed, Sehun looked up instantly. His hand quickly hid the tickets in his pocket as soon as Tiffany’s face registered into his sight.

 

“F-Fany!”

 

Tiffany sat next to him.

 

Sehun gulped.

 

“Are you going home?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Yeah. My class finished early today. How about you?”

 

“I’m going home too. There’s still a little bit that needs packing.” Tiffany sighed. “These days, I don’t feel like leaving. But I have everything planned out already, so I guess I’ll just stick to the plan.”

 

Is it the right time? Maybe he should ask her now.

 

“Um…”

 

Tiffany blinked and focused at him, which made him more nervous.

 

“Good luck.”

 

Sehun kind of want to kick himself right then and there.

 

Tiffany smiled, with a hint of disappointment in her eyes. “Thanks.”

 

Sehun pressed the buzzer. They took off together and bid goodbye as they went their separate ways.

 

Before long, Sehun paused and turned around. He saw Tiffany walking away from him, one step farther at each passing seconds. Whether she stayed or not, he shouldn’t be letting opportunities slipping away from his fingers. He should at least tried.

 

“Tiffany!” Sehun shouted.

 

Tiffany paused and turned around, sending him a puzzled look. Sehun ran to her and stopped a couple of steps away.

 

“Tomorrow, I mean, I have extra concert on Christmas Eve do you want to go Sung Sikyung tickets?”

 

“Pardon?” Tiffany laughed so hard she had to press her stomach.

 

Sehun winced. He pulled out the tickets from his jacket and showed it to her. Tiffany took a ticket and briefly scanned it.

 

“Wait, let me- let me ask again. I have-”

 

“I’d love to.” Tiffany looked up from the ticket and then at Sehun’s face. There was a twinkle in her eyes. “I love Sung Shikyung. I’m a fan. I really want to go.”

 

“R-Really?” Sehun smiled.

 

Tiffany nodded. “Thank you so much! You really made my day!”

 

Well, that wasn’t as hard as he thought.

 

“I’m glad I did.”