Two

The Oddest Place to Find Gravity

Chanyeol strode towards Baekhyun, grabbed his hand and left the place. He eyed Jongin, letting him know that he was going away for a while. Where he was going, or what he was doing exactly was unknown to him. Baekhyun was being dragged around, seeming like a soulless body. Chanyeol was scared, he really was, but he worried for Baekhyun much more.

Stopping in an empty area, a grass field with trees lining the way, they both stood in silence amongst the greenery, unsure of what to say. None of them knew what was happening, or if something had happened. “Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said as softly as possible, in fear of scaring him. But the other was still caught up in his thoughts, as he didn’t react to Chanyeol. “Baekhyun?”

Said person eyes snapped to Chanyeol’s searching for answers, begging for it, for him to say anything to end this situation. Anything. But he didn’t, Chanyeol remained silent, waiting for Baekhyun. Chanyeol wanted to give him asnwers, but at this point he knew as much as Baekhyun did. Nothing. It wasn’t only Baekhyun going through this, Chanyeol was as well; which made the shorter confused as to why he seemed more worried for Baekhyun than himself. And he felt guilt seep through him, adding to the bundle of feeling he was going through at the moment.

“What..” Baekhyun, voice oh so soft and broken. He tried asking but no words forming after that, his mouth merely moving.

“I don’t know, but its okay. It might be wrong, and if it isn't- then we’ll find out how to fix it,” Chanyeol reassured. Baekhyun knew it sounded easier than done, but at least he wasn’t alone, Chanyeol was there. He was still confused, and was sure as hell that Chanyeol was as well, but after the continuous soothing words Chanyeol added, he felt himself feel better.

 

Checking several times more, they made sure that, yes they were truly stuck to each other, they couldn’t be apart for more than eight meters, plus or minus.

Returning to the table, Chanyeol told Jongin and Sehun of their condition, and they both seemed to have their souls out.

“What did you ers do?” Chanyeol asked in exasperation, it had to be one of their cheap tricks, a high quality cheap trick. They both looked at him with guilt, but that didn’t faze Chanyeol as he glared at them to start speaking.

“We didn’t know it would actually work,” Sehun spoke, keeping his head low.

“Didn’t know what wouldn’t work?” Chanyeol asked, trying to keep calm.

“There was this book in the library…” Jongin started, looking up to see how Chanyeol was reacting.

“What book?”

“A magic book” Jongin answered

“Oh my god” Chanyeol sighed into his palms, “are you serious? This happened because of a book?” he looked at Jongin, earning a shamefaced nod. “I’m this close to punching you both, god help me, just get the book then.”

“We’ll go to the library tomorrow morning” Sehun said, trying to ease the taller.

“You better,” Chanyeol retorted with a glare, and added: “but what’ll we do till tomorrow?”

All four men present at the table looked at each other, each hoping the other would have an answer.

“You can stay at mine, since I live in the dorms so it’ll be closer to the library” Baekhyun suggested. The rest just stared at him, his suggestion was reasonable and they were shocked none of them thought of it.

“I guess that’s settled then, but can we drop by my place? I need some stuff,” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s just for a day,” Jongin countered, receiving a you-don’t-have-say-in-this glower.

“It’s true,” Baekhyun agreed.

“But I need it”

“What do you need?” Sehun asked.

“Shorts”

“That’s it?” Sehun baffled by the answer.

“What do you mean by that’s it? How will I sleep then?”

“Just sleep with what Baekhyun gives you,” he reasoned. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, hoping he would help him in convincing the rest otherwise, but Baekhyun just agreed with them.

“Fine," Chanyeol gave up, not wanting more problems after the whole revelation.

-

The night over at Baekhyun’s went over better than Chanyeol imagined. Baekhyun didn’t speak as much, but he was way better than in the amusement park. Chanyeol tried everything, to elevate the thoughts from baekhyun's mind from their situation, through conversations, games, cooking. They had a heated discussion over who gets to sleep where; Chanyeol ended with the bed and Baekhyun on the floor.

Waking up with an aching back, Baekhyun received a back massage from Chanyeol, which ended up in a tickling competition. Baekhyun lost completely as he laughed most of the time, his hands waving aimlessly rather than attacking Chanyeol.

Now all that was left was for the book.

-

"It's what?" Jongin shrieked.

"Please refrain from raising your voice, we're in a library. The book you're looking for has been borrowed" the librarian spoke with a stoic expression.

"Oh god, oh god" Jongin began panicking, but stopped after Sehun almost deflowered him using a pen, "what the fu-"

"Do you know who took it?" Sehun asked the librarian calmly, ignoring Jongin.

"Let me check" she replied.

"Stop panicking" Sehun turned to Jongin with an exasperated look.

"St- stop panicking?" He looked at Sehun with disbelief. "How can I not? Sehun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are under a spell! A ing spell. And it’s because of us. Don't go saying I shouldn't panic. I have all the god forsaken rights to panic!"

"Do not speak loudly," she glared at Jongin, who did not seem to be affected by it. "A student named Do Kyungsoo borrowed the book."

"Can we have his ID?" Sehun asked, since Jongin was on the verge of pulling his hair out.

"I'm sorry, it's confidential"

"Seriously?" Jongin's voice faltered, if luck was magnetic then he must be a wood right now.

-

Both Sehun and Jongin walked out of the library with heavy steps.

"We're doomed" Jongin spoke, "doomed you hear me?"

"Not unless we find the student" Sehun reasoned

"How will we find ONE student in the university?!"

"It couldn't be that hard."

"Yea right" Jongin scoffed, "what was his name again?"

"Do kongso, Do kangso something like that"

"Do Kyungsoo?"

"Yes! Yes that's the one! Wait, you know him?" Sehun’s cheerful voice quickly shifted.

"He's in my class, but I wouldn't say I know him."

"Doesn't matter" he exclaimed, "we found the book then."

"Not unless there is another Do Kyungsoo in campus"

"Low chance"

"Still a chance"

Jongin knew better than to speak more. And Sehun was right, it was better to check than let a chance go. And its not like they had any other trail.

Beggars can't be choosers.

-

Kyungsoo didn't reply when Jongin asked if he was free after the exam, he didn't reply when he said he needed to talk to him as well, he merely stared at the tanned guy. But he stayed over after class and gave a courteous nod indicating that he was willing to hear Jongin out.

"Umm.." Jongin wasn't sure how to start and the constant stares he's getting from the other side isn't helping.

"Yes?" Kyungsoo spoke, as if he knew that Jongin needed some assurance to start speaking. And if his fidgeting was any indication that he was uncomfortable, then Kyungsoo saw well.

Jongin's eye snapped to Kyungsoo's, and the latter's expression didn't change but his eyes showed patience. Whatever fear and nervousness that was within Jongin slowly dissipated. And hope started bubbling as he asked Kyungsoo, maybe this won't be so bad, only to be crushed into tiny atom-size like pieces when Kyungsoo told him that he certainly did have the book but wasn't with him.

"Its not with you?" Jongin shrieked

"Yes"

"Yes?"

"No"

"N- no?"

"Yes, its not with me"

"But you borrowed it?"

"Yes"

"And it’s not with you?"

"Yes"

If it weren't for his excellent speaking skills he portrayed in class, Jongin would have seriously thought that his vocabulary only extended to 'yes' and 'no'.

"Where is it then?" He was desperate for any clue that'll possibly get him closer towards the book.

"A person I know took it," Kyungsoo spoke without changing his expression; that poker face. But Jongin could swear to all the lords that he saw amusement in Kyungsoo's eyes. Seems like his eyes speak for himself.

"Can I borrow it from him for a while?" Jongin asked.

"No." He should’ve seen that coming.

"No? Why not?"

"He's out of the city" Kyungsoo replied.

"When is he coming back?"

"After 2 weeks"

"Oh god" Jongin groaned, this isn't going well.

Jongin asked for the guy's contact, only to be turned down again. For some reason that person went away to the countryside with no devices and a magic book.

Shady? Of course not.

And so Jongin will do the only thing possible, wait.

"Can you contact me when he's back?" Jongin asked, and he was sure he saw Kyungsoo's eyes widened by a millimeter for a nanosecond. He wasn't one for details, but he was sure that Kyungsoo was surprised. Jongin guesses this is what happens when a person has to deal with someone who barely speaks, their gesutures seem more prominent.

"Yes" the usual answer, but hey, it’s better than 'no' in this situation.

-

"Are you scared?" Chanyeol asked sitting in his living room, amongst boxes carrying Baekhyun’s belongings. Their back resting on the brown couch, knees bumping into each other.

"I guess- I think I am" Baekhyun replied, unsure of his own feelings. True, he was scared; it wasn't every other day that he suddenly is stuck to a person. But, if he were to hypothetically think about it, he should've been more scared, terrified, seeking help.

"You think?"

"I'm not entirely sure, I should be scared but I'm not really that scared. I mean, I don't know how we'll fix it or if there is a way to fix, but I feel like it'll be all right. Somehow" Baekhyun spoke with confusion, as if he didn't know what he was speaking about, "I don't know how to explain it, but yeah" he ended with a sheepish smile.

"I understand" Chanyeol soothed.

"You do?" Baekhyun didn't ask it in doubt, but rather in reassurance.

"I do, really" he replied, smiling softly. Baekhyun didn't need any more convincing, that was enough. He wasn't naïve as in to believe whatever anyone said, nor was he distrustful of everyone around him. But he knew that Chanyeol understood him, he was sure of it. It hasn't been a month they became acquainted to each other, yet Baekhyun couldn't help but get drawn into him, bringing down his walls just slightly.

"Yeah, I know," he smiled. He knew it was unrealistic to be calm in this situation, but Baekhyun couldn't bring himself to be afraid. Not when Chanyeol was involved at least.