Say I Love You (3)

Kkicheomburijima, Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     
    playlist:    The Light - The Ark (Original & Lullaby Ver) When You Say Nothing At All- Allison Krauss             *5*             A week quickly passed, and there came Lee Chaerin's doom.             It was their 'D-day', the day of their anniversary. Their 700th day. It was supposed to be a happy-slash-celebratory day, but Chaerin was far from any of those two. She felt rather nervous than being excited and happy, as if there were drums pounding inside her chest every passing minute.             She turned to look at the digital clock on her dresser. 19:55. In short, 7:55 pm.             5 minutes before she ends that 'say-I-love-you-as-much-as-you-can-and-see-if-he-will-even-care' plan that her Bommie-unnie proposed to her. To be honest, it's not that effective, since until the end of the last minute of yesterday's evening, she still didn't heard those words from his lips.             'If he's still not saying it to you, just break up with him...'                 Chaerin shook her head while she mentally slapped herself. That was the last thing she would ever consider, breaking up with Kim Jinwoo.               "Chaerin-ah, don't let it get into you. So what if he's not saying I love you back to you? You don't need words, you need him..." she mumbled to herself as she walked back and forth inside her room.                Now, she's legitly being paranoid about all of this. She doesn't even know herself anymore. Where was the cold, 'doesn't-give-a-' CL go? Where is she every time the innocent Chaerin needed her so badly? And why is she talking like this to herself like she's some kind of a psycho suffering from a multiple-personalities disorder?              She went beside her queen-sized bed and let her body fall into the soft mattress. She didn't even care if her coral blue spaghetti-strapped short dress got crinkled or something. Rolling over her bed, she buried her face on her white pillow. It might cause a stain because of her lipstick and mascara, but again, who cares?               'This is all that deer's fault, damn it--' she murmured against the pillow. She suddenly got up from her position and sat down on her bed, with her knees bended and the pillow placed in between her legs.               "This. Is. All. Your. Fault. You, insensitive deer!!" she blurted out, before she strangled the poor pillow. She knew that he's not to blame and all of these were just products of an internal struggle called insecurity. She's quite aware of that. And yet, she can't help it.                 'Kkicheomburijima neoteme~ neo mei mei buran ne~ oneuldo bwiro bwiro dal saram--'                   Cutting her off with her business, her heart almost jumped out of her chest when she heard that familiar ringtone. She hesitatingly picked it up and clicked on the green button.             "Yobeoseyo. Chaerin-ah?"              As soon as she heard his voice, she tried to bury any doubts or worries inside her head. She took a deep breath before answering him.                 "Hmm... Jinwoo-ah?" she asked, struggling to make her voice appear cheery and okay. Thank God, he's as slow as a snail.               "I'm already outside your apartment. I'm using 678-hyung's black car. I parked it on the usual place. " he answered, not suspicious about Chaerin's struggles. Seriously, she didn't know if she should be happy or upset.                 "Usual place?" she suddenly asked, as she recalled that tiny shortcut-slash-secluded-street behind her apartment. For a moment, she ignored all of the problems she had with him and focused on what he has said. She hoped nobody noticed him. Well-- as long as he used 678's car there's really nothing to worry about.                     "Ne, there's too many people out here so I parked it on the usual place. Don't forget to cover up." he said, warily, as if someone's gonna hear him inside the car. She unconsciously smiled at his innocence. "Be careful, Chaerin-ah."                 "Hmm. I'll be there in a minute. " she answered back, before ending the call.                      She grabbed her long strapped shoulder bag and wore her big black sunglasses, black face mask, and her light brown hoodie. Then, she put the hood over her head, making sure that it's covering half of her face before proceeding to the door.                  After she closed the door to her flat, she looked around her surroundings first, making sure that her neighbor's were inside their cozy homes. Not that they even cared, of course. Jinwoo has been on her apartment multiple times before and there's no news spilled on the media or what-so-ever. She just wanna make sure, that's all.                   "This is it..." she mumbled to herself, before she went towards the back door of their apartment, leading her on their usual place.                       *6*         It took them 2 hours and 30 minutes before arriving at their destination, in Gangneung, east of Seoul.             If you're curious about what had happened during their trip, well--- everything unexpectedly went well. Jinwoo's presence momentarily erased her worries, having him beside her is somewhat comforting.  Also, her, being in-charge of driving the car, successfully grabbed her attention away from her insecurities. It saved both her sanity and their time. She's happy that he let her drive the car (and use the GPS for Pete's sake), because if he didn't, they might still be on the road right now, going on circles, lost and unaware on where the heck Gyeongpo Lake is. And she might be b*tching and PMS-ing around the poor boy, even though it's not the time of the month for her yet.               Chaerin went out of the car, her jaw hanging in awe, as she slightly moved her sunglasses downward so she could appreciate the picturesque view in front of her.               They were now in front of what it seemed to be a half lodge, half restaurant built in the middle of a mini forest. Beside it is a large and beautiful lake, its pristine and clear waters were glimmering against the moonlight. It's seclusion from the busy and lively city life made this place so peaceful and precious. Surely, this is the perfect romantic place any girl has on her imagination.               Chaerin smiled sweetly as she heard the door of the car shut close. Looking behind her,  she saw a smiling Jinwoo, in his signature gray hoodie, walking towards her, telling her to follow him.                "You sure we won't get lost?" she joked, which the latter just answered with a pout. The young leader chuckled at his cuteness, before she followed him inside the restaurant/lodge. They already removed their masks since there were only few people inside and most of them were foreigners.               As they entered the building, she was completely amazed about its whole interior. She could see old records, chains, spikes were hanging on the wooden wall. There were large mannequins dressed with NYC, Yeezy, Adidas and other hiphop brands at the side. The tables were painted black accentuated with a splash of white, while the seats were covered with denim jeans. At the end of the hall, there was a large freedom wall filled with graffiti. There's also a mixer and other DJ-ing equipments on a mini stage beside the freedom wall. All about this resto's screaming hiphop and she's loving it. Hiphop and the baddest female are the best buds. Like seriously. 

 

            As they walked towards the freedom wall, they suddenly made a left turn, leading them at the veranda of the restaurant. As soon as she saw the sublimity of the place, she immediately walked towards the wooden railings and looked over the beautiful view of the Gyeongpo lake and the mini forest at the other side of it. Everything looked so dramatic since the whole veranda was lighted with candles, and the moonlight reflecting on the clear waters of the lake helped a lot with the romantic ambiance.               "You like it?" she heard him say, as she felt him walked beside her, their arms were almost touching. She nodded enthusiastically before looking at him with that glint of happiness in her eyes.             "Just how--?"               "Mino recommended this restaurant. One of his friends owns this place." he said before looking at her. "An MC, if I'm not mistaken."               The gizibe just hummed in response, That explains the hiphop concept, she thought.               After a few minutes of appreciating the view, they went to sit on their table and waited for the food. They were the only ones on that veranda, so they talked about almost everything, without any interruptions.              That's what they always do, they always talk and talk about everything.                Looking back at their 700 days together, they've been awkward at the first few months of them, dating, that they couldn't even talk on their dates. It's already given that it'll be hard for the deer, since he got the most adjustments to do, but it became surprisingly hard for the young leader, too, since she always had to break the ice for him. But with a little push made by Chaerin, and a little effort made by Jinwoo, they began to click. Everything after that went perfectly well. Jinwoo's not the type to cheat and Chaerin's not the type to neglect, so honestly, they didn't have that  much of a reason to fight. With this, the leader's so sure that nobody can break them up, and she has a lot of trust on him. Doubt was never on her mind.                 Well, at least until she realized that there's something weird going on in their relationship.                   Her train of thoughts were disrupted when their food suddenly arrived. She turned to look at him, only to see him smiling back at her.                I'm just being pathetic, once again, she said on the back of her mind. She set aside all of this thoughts, as that thought of her filling her hungry stomach, replaced it, when suddenly, she froze at the overwhelming 'green' stuff presented on their table.               "What's wrong?" the innocent deer, curiously asked.               "Nothing. It's just that..." she said before she looked up at him, "No meat?"               As if he was a little puppy being cornered, Jinwoo nervously swallowed his own saliva as he gently tugged the collar of his gray-and-white striped t-shirt. The gizibe shot him a weird look.               "Just eat..." he mumbled, before he bowed his head to hide his already 'flushed' face and hurriedly ate the food on his plate.                 *7*         After their dinner date, they decided to take a stroll beside the Gyeongpo lake. They were walking there casually, admiring the splendor and the calmness of the lake and the beauty of the night sky, when Jinwoo, suddenly stopped from his tracks and tugged her left arm. Chaerin l
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter