How You Felt

How You Felt

 

"Jjonggie, can we go on our date later?" Kibum hesitantly asked.
The older boy looked up from the couch, "Why? We decided on this since last week!" 


"I'm sorry, Jonggie, I'm meeting a few friends at the mall", Kibum apologized when he saw his boyfriend's cute pout.
"Why?" the older boy whined, "You see your friends everyday!"
"No! These are my friends from my old school", Kibum explained, "We haven't seen each other in over two years!"
"Ahh! The ones you apparently have been fated with and spent your high school years with!" Jonghyun said in realization.
Kibum had always talked about his three friends with whom he had his rebellious escapades with. Jonghyun could see how brightly the younger boy's eyes shone when he spoke of them.
At first, he felt a bit jealous of them but he got over it.
He was happy for Kibum; he'd finally be reunited with his precious friends.
"Fine, but you owe me a whole day brat", Jonghyun chuckled.

The next day....

Jonghyun decided to sleep in since he really didn't have any particular plans.
Meanwhile, Kibum made sure to wake up early and get ready and obviously he needed his boyfriend's opinion.
"Jjong! Wake up", he said shaking the elder.
Jonghyun rubbed his eyes tiredly before glancing at the clock, "It's 9; you have to be there at 11 Kibum".
"I know, but I need your opinion yeobo", the blond boy insisted. Jonghyun fought to keep his eyes opened as Kibum changed.
...
"You look good".
"You said that about every outfit Jonghyun!" he exclaimed in frustration.
"Because you look good in everything", Jonghyun muttered before returning to his blanket.
Kibum huffed and continued his quest for the best outfit. He hurriedly made breakfast and left the apartment about half an hour early to ensure that he wouldn't be late at any cost.
Jonghyun chuckled and shook his head as the door shut. His boyfriend was so excited; he was even mumbling on what shoes to wear.

Minho and Taemin were at the mall, looking for a birthday present. It was Naeun's birthday the following month and Minho tagged along to help.
"Hyung, what do you think she'd want?" Taemin wondered.
"Um, you can buy her a fish".
Taemin turned around and stared at the taller boy for a good ten seconds.
"What the hell?" he demanded.
"What? I was just thinking about it in my perspective. I'd like a pet fish; my old one died three months ago", Minho said, looking serious.
Taemin rolled his eyes, "Why did I ask you to come with me?"
"Because Kibum was busy", Minho reminded.
The two boys sighed and continued their search when they spotted a familiar back.

"Hey Kibum!"
Kibum turned to find Minho and Taemin walking over to them.
The blond boy was carrying two bags and beside was another boy they've never seen before.
"Hey", Kibum smiled, "This is my friend from high school, Rokhyun. These are my close friends, Minho and Taemin."
The three boys shook hands and greeted each other, later deciding on having lunch together.
Kibum wasn't hungry and sat while the others ordered.
"So what's with all the bags?" Minho teased as they joined Kibum at a table.
"Ah, those are mine", Rokhyun said, "Key has changed quite a bit! He loved shopping before!"
Minho and Taemin's faces held confusion; Kibum still loved shopping.
And they'd know since at least one of them would be dragged to the mall by Kibum each week.
Kibum remained silent and the two boys kept quiet.
"Anyways", Minho said, interrupting the awkward silence, "Kibum has talked a lot about you guys."
"Aah, yes! All of us were supposed to meet but Aritsu (lol Japanese name) and Fahn Chul met with someone they knew and went to smoke pot", Rokhyun said.
The three boys before him were taken by surprise. "They went to smoke pot?" Taemin clarified.
Rokhyun nodded, "They got all high and I yelled at them. But they were totally out of it and told me to call the meeting off. I wanted to meet Key so I showed up anyways".
Minho nodded slowly, "Uh, well look at the time. We should be going. You guys, have fun!"
Kibum sighed after his friends were gone, "They really went to smoke pot?"
"I'm sorry Key. But please don't tell them I told you!" Rokhyun said quickly.
Kibum hesitantly nodded.

A few hours later, the boys said goodbye and Kibum returned home.
"Hey baby!" Jonghyun greeted, "Hiw was your playmate?"
Kibum ignored the joke and walked to their room, muttering "I'm tired".
Jonghyun turned back to the television, "I could've sworn he went to the mall; he never comes home empty handed".

When he went to check up on his boyfriend three hours later, Kibum was under the covers, sleeping soundly.
He sighed; dinner was up to him. He knew how to cook but it wasn't his favourite thing to do. He looked for a doable recipe on his phone and went to work. He settled with kimchi fried rice because it was the easiest to make. As he finished flavouring the rice, his phone rang.

"Hello?"
"Hey hyung, what's up?"
"Oh Minho, nothing. I'm just making dinner. You?"
"Ugh I'm just bored; there's nothing to do since filming ended.... Wait why are you making dinner? Isn't that your girlfriend's job?"
"Yah, Kibum will rip your head off if he hears you", Jonghyun scolded, "He had a little play date with his friends so he's tired".
"Oh yeah! Me and Taemin ran in to them at the mall. He was with some guy; I forgot his name", Minho said thoughtfully.
"Oh, but he mentioned he was going with three people", Jonghyun said slowly.
"Yeah the guy mentioned that the other two ditched to smoke pot or weed. Doesn't sound like a great friendship to me hyung", Minho said, "And Kibum seemed upset".
"Oh then maybe I should talk to him. Thanks Minho", Jonghyun said, "By the way, did you want something?"
"What do you mean hyung?"
"You didn't call for my well-being did you?" Jonghyun accused.
"Uh yeah", Minho said, "Can I come over for dinner?"
Jonghyun laughed, "I knew it. Sure".
"Ok I'll be there in an hour!"

Jonghyun frowned; Kibum must have been disappointed if his friends did such a thing.
He went to the room and found Kibum awake.
"Hey! Dinner's ready", Jonghyun said.
"Oh, uh I'll wash up then", Kibum said awkwardly, not as cheerful as usual.
"Kibum, Minho mentioned that two of your friends never showed up", Jonghyun said as he sat next to his boyfriend.
Kibum frowned and looked down, suddenly finding the sheets interesting.
The two were quiet until Jonghyun heard a drop fall on the sheet; it was a tear.
He sighed and hugged the younger boy, "Don't cry, Bummie. I understand you felt terrible".
Kibum sniffled softly and Jonghyun’s heart broke and he embraced his upset boyfriend.

“They weren’t good friend baby. Don’t waste your tears”, he said, trying to reassure the boy.

Kibum finally released the elder and looked into his eyes with watery eyes, “I’m not sad over that, yeobo. I got over that”.
Jonghyun gave the younger a confused look, “Then why are you crying?”
Kibum wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt, “Because you must have felt the same to be put aside for something or someone else. You must’ve also felt rejected and sad when I cancelled our plans together. You were so excited…I’m sorry.”

Jonghyun smiled and kissed Kibum sweetly, “It’s alright; we can spend the whole day together”.
Kibum’s face broke into a wide smile as he went happily to wash his face.

“By the way, Minho’s coming over for dinner!” Jonghyun called happily. Kibum replied by groaning loudly to voice his obvious displeasure. 

Jonghyun felt like he fell deeper in love with his adorable boyfriend.

 

THE END