L for Library and Love

L for Library and Love

This was a normal day for Seo Joohyun to spend her afternoon after lunch to read book in library. There was her favorite spot in the far corner of the library that rarely passed by people. She liked to read there because the nuance was so peaceful and she could read without anyone disturbing. But not for today, because the desk that she usually used was already occupied.

That stranger was a boy. He leaned his upper body on the desk with head laid on his arm. He was probably sleeping.

Joohyun just sighed. Well, she didn’t have any choice. She just sat on the empty chair beside that stranger and flipped her book open. As long as that stranger slept and didn’t disturbed her, she was okay.

Not long after that, that boy stirred from his sleep. Joohyun took a glance at him and finally she recognized him. Well, how couldn’t she? He was the most popular student in Namsan Senior High School. The captain of basket ball club, vocalist and guitarist of the school band, plus he was  handsome, charming and smart. Yes, he was Jung Yonghwa.

“Oh, Anyeong haseyo,  Jung Yonghwa Sunbaenim.” Said Joohyun.

Yonghwa frowned and scratched his head, seems that he still sleepy and disoriented. “Hi, err… you know me?” He asked confusedly.

“Everyone in this school must be know you, Sunbaenim.” Joohyun answered.

“Oh, really?” Yonghwa smiled goofily.

Joohyun just frowned. Did he just acted humble or what? He must know himself that he was really popular. All boys envied him and all girls admired him, including Joohyun. Yonghwa was the one who gave speech on the first year student acceptance ceremony. She learned that Yonghwa was one of the smartest student on the third grade, despite his busy extracurricular activity. Since then, Joohyun admired him, but not in romantic way. She really appreciate his hard work and dedication.

“Yes, of course.” Joohyun nodded.

Yonghwa just chuckled, then he saw Joohyun held her book, “Oh, sorry. Did I disturb you?”

Joohyun smiled and shook her head, “No, not at all.”

“Seems that you usually read here.”

“Yes.”

“Ah, I think I disturb your personal spot.”

“Aniyo, Sunbaenim. I’m just surprised at first, because usually only me who sit here.”

“Well, I’ll pick another hiding place in the future.” He chuckled.

Joohyun didn’t intend to shoo him away. So she added frantically, “No, Sunbaenim! You don’t have to. You can stay here as long as you want. This place isn’t mine after all.”

Yonghwa propped his elbow and leaned his face on his palm. He smiled at Joohyun. He thought that she was really cute. “By the way, what’s your name?”

“I’m Seo Joohyun.”

“Oh.” Yonghwa nodded, “What grade are you?”

“First grade.”

“Ah, nice to meet you Joohyun ssi.”

The bell rang. It was a sign that the break time was over.

“I think we need to go to the class.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ne.” Joohyun simply answered.

“Well, see you around.”

 

***

 

The next day, Joohyun met again with Yonghwa. He was sleeping as usual. Joohyun wondered why he always sleeping here. She pulled the chair as silent as she could so she didn’t wake him up. But seems that Yonghwa could feel her presence, because he woke up as Joohyun sat on her chair.

“You’ve come.” Yonghwa said.

“Yes. I’m sorry if I disturb your sleep.”

“No.” Yonghwa stretched his body. “I have enough nap.”

“Seems that you are really tired.”

“Well, yeah. Basket ball and band practice really killing me! I spent all night to catch up my lesson and do all the assignment, so yeah… I’m really sleepy but people keep chasing me, so I run away to library.”

“Chasing you? Why?” Joohyun tilted her head.

Yonghwa chuckled, “I don’t intend to brag, but girls keep chasing me during lunch break. They won’t leave me alone. Sometimes it’s exhausting. But believe me, I’m usually kind. I’m just not in my good condition.”

Joohyun laughed, “It sounds so creepy.”     

“Creepy? Why?”

“You seems so busy in your daily life. Well, being in the spotlight isn’t my style, so I think that’s so creepy.”

Yonghwa nodded, “I guess you love peaceful atmosphere, just like this library.”

“You are right, Sunbaenim.” Joohyun smiled.

It was weird. Talking with Joohyun seems so easy and comfortable for Yonghwa. Maybe because Joohyun wasn’t like any other girls who usually screaming whenever Yonghwa passed them, or acted so y and ty to gain his attention. Joohyun was so calm and sweet.

“Oh, I think I disturb you again. Please continue to read.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ah, ne. Thank you.” Joohyun nodded then opened her book.

Yonghwa then leaned on the desk, he unconsciously watched Joohyun read her book. He didn’t know why, but watching Joohyun just like that really fascinated him.

 

***

 

“Hey!” Yonghwa greeted Joohyun.

“You are not sleeping, Sunbaenim?” Joohyun asked playfully.

Yonghwa laughed, “I’m not that sleepy. There’s no homework so I can sleep early last night.”

“Oh, glad to hear that.” Joohyun smiled.

Joohyun noticed that Yonghwa brought a lot of box and paper bag. She frowned at those things. Ah! She got it. She remember what date that day. It was 14 February, Valentines Day.

“Chocolate?” Joohyun asked.

Yonghwa nodded, “Many girls pass it when I walk here.”

“Ah…” Joohyun nodded.

“You don’t give chocolate to someone?” Asked Yonghwa.

Joohyun just shook her head innocently.

“You don’t have crush or someone you like?”

Joohyun shook his head once again.

“You don’t want to give chocolate for me?”

“Ne?”

“Aniya, aniya! I’m just kidding!” Yonghwa laughed.

“I’m sorry, Sunbaenim! I don’t know that you expect me to give you chocolate. Really, sorry!” Said Joohyun frantically.

“It’s okay! I said that I’m just kidding!” Said Yonghwa. Well, half kidding to be exact. Deep down inside his heart, he was kind of expecting that Joohyun would give him chocolate on Valentines Day.

“I’ll make it, Sunbaenim! I’ll give it tomorrow. I promise!” Said Joohyun.

“Really?” Asked Yonghwa happily.

Joohyun nodded.

Somehow, Yonghwa’s heart was blooming. He couldn’t wait to taste chocolate that Joohyun personally made for him.

 

***

 

“Sunbaenim, this is chocolate for you.” Joohyun handed the pink box with red ribbon to Yonghwa.

“Wah! Thanks!” Yonghwa accepted it and looked at it with awe. Receiving chocolate was a usual thing for Yonghwa, but this one made him so happy! “Can I open it?”

“Yes, but we can’t eat in library, though…” Said Joohyun.

“Librarian won’t know it.” Yonghwa grinned.

Joohyun just shook her head. “But Sunbaenim!”

Yonghwa looked at Joohyun who persistently forbid him to eat inside library. He pouted, “Arrasseo! I just want to look and I will eat it later.”

Joohyun sighed. “Fine.”

Yonghwa smiled happily then opened the box. There was a various shape of chocolate with cute decoration. There was a writing “For JYH” on top of the chocolate. He almost squealed in delight. Oh my God! This was made especially for him!!

He looked up at Joohyun and grabbed her hand, “Thank you.” He smiled so warmly.

Joohyun blushed and smiled, “You are welcome.”

 

***

 

Joohyun went to library as usual but she didn’t see Yonghwa there. That was weird, because she used to see him there and reading while Yonghwa sleeping. She looked around and sat there. Somehow it was a bit empty without Yonghwa around. She opened her book and started to read.

“Hey…”

Joohyun felt someone sat beside her. She looked up and found Yonghwa there. She sighed in relief.

“Anyeong haseyo, Sunbaenim.”

“By the way, you know what day is it?” Asked Yonghwa.

“It’s Monday.” Said Joohyun calmly.

Yonghwa’s smile dropped as he heard her plain answer. Joohyun too sensed that she seems gave the wrong answer.

“Am I wrong?” Asked Joohyun confusedly.

Yonghwa smiled bitterly, “You are right…”

Joohyun put her book on the table. She leaned closer at Yonghwa. “But why you look so sad?”

Yonghwa surprised at their close proximity. Joohyun in this close distance looked more…. Beautiful. Yonghwa woke up from his daydreaming and cleared his throat.

“A-aniya… it just… today is my birthday.” Said Yonghwa in low voice.

“Ne?” Joohyun gasped, “Oh my God, I’m sorry, Sunbaenim!! Happy birthday!” She pulled Yonghwa’s hands and held it. “I really wish all the best for you.” She smiled so sweetly.

THUMP!

THUMP!

THUMP!

Yonghwa’s heart beats faster and faster. He felt so hot and he could feel his blood rush through his vein.

“Thank you.” Said Yonghwa.

“Eottohkeyo? I don’t give you any present.” Joohyun pouted.

“Grant my wish.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ne?”

“You have to grant my wish as your present for me.”

“Eh? Well, okay. I grant it if I can. What is it?”

“Have a date with me on Sunday.”

 

***

 

They met up in front of Lotte World. Yonghwa already there. He really made an effort for his appearance that day. He wore white t-shirt, red checkered shirt, blue jeans and his new Nike shoes. He brushed his bangs and tidied it up.

He looked around and found Joohyun walked to his direction. He instantly smiled. Joohyun also smiled at him. Gosh! She was so beautiful. Her smooth black hair was flowing behind her back. She wore simple white dress and pink cardigan. She looked so pure and sweet.

“Sunbaenim!” She called, “I’m sorry. Am I late?”

“Not at all.” Yonghwa smiled so warmly. “Let’s go!”

 

***

 

“No, Sunbaenim! Please, I can’t ride that.” Said Joohyun in horror.

“Why? That’s must be fun.” Said Yonghwa as he pointed at the ride called Gyro Drop.

That was the ride which lifted you up so high then dropped you so fast that you thought you left your heart up there. That was really scary!

“Andwaeyo, Sunbaenim.” Joohyun seems really scared. She was nearly crying.

Yonghwa’s gaze soften on her and smiled, “Arraseo, you don’t have to ride that. Just me. You wait here, okay?”

“Andwaeyo!” Joohyun grabbed Yonghwas hand, “You might fall! It looks dangerous too!”

Yonghwa chuckled, “It must be safe enough. Don’t worry.”

“Please, Sunbaenim. Don’t.” Joohyun begged.

Yonghwa looked at Joohyun. He thought that Joohyun really cute! “Arasseo!” Said Yonghwa as he patted Joohyun’s head gently. He slightly brushed her hair and felt her silky strands on between his finger.

Joohyun was a little bit startled at Yonghwa’s touch. When Yonghwa patted and brushed her hair, a tingled felt on her stomach. That was weird, but she kind of like that.

“How about we eat? It’s lunch already anyway.” Yonghwa suggested.

Joohyun smiled and blushed. “Ne!”

 

***

 

They ate on the nearest restaurant on Lotte World. They chatted casually about school and others while eating. Mostly Yonghwa who initiated the conversation. Joohyun somehow felt so shy after that little skinship.

“Anyway, can I have your phone number?” Asked Yonghwa.

Joohyun looked up at Yonghwa. She was kind of surprised that Yonghwa asked that boldly. “Oh… of course.” She said shyly.

Yonghwa handed her his phone and let her typed her phone number. Once she had done, she handed back his phone.

“Thanks.” Said Yonghwa. She fiddled with his phone while smiling.

Not long after that Joohyun’s phone beeped, indicated there was a message. Joohyun looked at her phone and frowned at the unknown number. The message said.

 

Happy Birthday for the cutest girl ^^

 

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa confusedly. Somehow her face already red like a tomato.

“Happy birthday.” Said Yonghwa.

“How- how can you know it?” Asked Joohyun shyly.

“I just know it.” Yonghwa grinned proudly. “But I kind of guilty for taking you out on your birthday. Is it okay with your family?”

Joohyun shook her head, “It’s okay. Since it’s my birthday my parents let me go out. We will have a dinner later.”

“Oh, that’s good.” Said Yonghwa, “By the way, want to know a secret?”

Joohyun tilted her head, “What is it?”

“I set this date intentionally, because I know today is your birthday.” Yonghwa smiled.

“Really?” Joohyun blushed.

Yonghwa nodded. “Ah!” He rummaged his bag and pulled out a box. “There your present.” He put it on the table.

“Sunbaenim…. You don’t have to.” Said Joohyun.

“But I want to.”

“Eottohkkeyo? I don’t give you any present.”

“Today with you is my present from you.” Yonghwa smiled.

“But it’s different.” Joohyun pouted, feeling unpleasant towards Yonghwa.

“Aigoo… It’s okay! If you feel that bad, you can give me a present next year.” Yonghwa chuckled.

“But…” Joohyun’s words was stopped by Yonghwa’s finger on her lips.

“Okay?” Asked Yonghwa then he pulled his finger from her.

Joohyun blushed at his action. “O-okay.”

“Nice!” Yonghwa clapped his hands, “So open the present, then!”

Joohyun smiled, “Thank you so much, Sunbaenim.”

Joohyun opened the box and found it was a beautiful necklace with butterfly pendant. Joohyun gaped in awe.

“Sunbaenim, this is beautiful.” Said Joohyun.

“Well, just like the birthday girl.” Yonghwa grinned.

Joohyun blushed so hard. Her heart beats uncontrollably. What was it? Why this feeling made her nervous and happy at the same time?

“Let me put it on you.” Said Yonghwa.

He took the necklace from her then got up from his seat. He stood behind her and put on the necklace on her. Yonghwa leaned so close to Joohyun. It made her heart beats even crazier.

“Done!” Said Yonghwa.

“Thanks.” Joohyun whispered shyly.

Yonghwa sat again on his seat and admired her, “Oh wow! It looks so good on you!”

“Thank you.” Joohyun smiled.

Oh, the shy Joohyun really tingled all of his nerves. All he wanted to do was just go and hug her tight, pinched that adorable chubby cheeks and kiss…. Okay. Stop there. Yonghwa coughed nervously at his own crazy imagination. He simply blushed so hard.

Both of them were drown in their own world. Both of them was blushing so hard. So not of them mentioned how weird and suffocating the situation was.

“Err… Do you want to play again in Lotte World?” Asked Yonghwa, breaking the silent.

“Oh.. Hmm… I don’t think so. I’m full, I might be throw up if I play again.” Said Joohyun.

Yonghwa chuckled, “Me too! How about watching movie?”

“Oh, it’s a good idea.” Joohyun nodded in agreement.

“So let’s go!”

 

***

 

They watch a movie called Avatar. They both immersed into the movie. They didn’t realized they took the popcorn from the box at the same time. Their hands touched and both of them gasped in surprise.

“Oh, sorry!” Joohyun looked at Yonghwa and bit her lips.

“It’s okay.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun nodded nervously and back to watch the movie, but Yonghwa still looked at Joohyun. His gaze travelled from her face then to her hand on her lap. Yonghwa gathered his courage. He pulled her hand and intertwined it with his.

Joohyun gasped and bit her lips. Her heart did a somersault. Oh God, his hand felt so warm. a little bit rough, yet so warm.

Yonghwa smiled happily when Joohyun didn’t refuse him. So he brought it close to him and leaned his cheek on their intertwined hands. Both of them didn’t looked at each other, but there was the same stupid smile on their face.

 

***

 

That day was a happy day, but unfortunately that day came to and end. Yonghwa walked her to her house. Not to mention, they walked hand in hand. Swinging their intertwined hand with a matching step. Once they reached her door, Yonghwa let go of her hand.

“We’ve arrived.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ne.” Said Joohyun shyly. “Thank you for everything, Sunbaenim.”

“You’re most welcome, Joohyun-ah.” Yonghwa smiled.

Both of them rooted on their spot, unwilling to leave each other.

“Just get in.” Said Yonghwa.

“Okay…” Joohyun gave him a little wave before she turned around to open the door.

“Joohyun-ah!” Yonghwa called again.

“Yes?” Joohyun turned he body to him.

Yonghwa pulled her hand and in a swift motion, he kissed her so sweetly. After Yonghwa broke the kiss, he held her hand and kissed her knuckled.

“I’ll call you tonight and see you at the library on Monday.”

With that, Yonghwa left with that giddy smile. Joohyun just stood there watching Yonghwa walked away with a sweet happy smile.

Ah, love was everywhere, right? It could begin in any kind of place, even in Library.

L for Library and love.

 

END

 


 

Just some distraction from Sweet Mistake. It will update for only God knows when. Lol.

I’m bored and I’m lazy to write SM, so here it is. Yongseo High school story. Simple, light and fluffy. Hehe. This actually one of my unfinished fic so I continue this.

Well that’s all from me. So see you around!