Part 21

It's Just Insurance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Early update today for I must now go study for a big history test. Bye Bye~

     “Are you serious?” Jin-A asked as she held out her hand and took the phone. “But it’s only been three weeks!”

     Donghae smiled as he handed his daughter her phone. “You have been really good lately so I letting you off early on good behavior.” Every word of it was true, the girl’s behavior had improved in the three weeks. She was helping to clean the house, getting her schoolwork done on time, and Jin-A even managed to keep her sneaky moods to a new lower level.

     “Hyukjae, he isn’t joking is he?” the girl asked still questioning her father’s motives.

     “He’s not joking,” Hyukjae replied as he stood up from his seat on the couch. “But we could always take it back if you want us too.”

     “No, I’ll keep it.” Jin-A said before giving Hyukjae a hug. She moved over to Donghae before doing the same. “So why are you two dressed all fancy tonight?”

     “Dinner party.” Hyukjae said. “I have to attend them for work on occasion and this time I got to bring your father with me.”

     “I’m so excited, let me tell you…” Donghae let his voice trail off. Hyukjae faked a pout causing Donghae to reword himself. “Hyukjae, you know I’ve never really like going to parties.”

     “I know, but this time you are going to be a party as my husband which is completely different.” Hyukjae walked up behind Donghae and wrapped his arms around him.

     “Ew, PDA…” Jin-A said as she covered her eyes jokingly. “You two should go get a room.”

     “We do have a room.” Hyukjae teased as he stuck out his tongue. “And we use it quite often.”

     “Lee Hyukjae!” Donghae shouted before wiggling out of the others hold. “Keep your mouth shut! She doesn’t need to hear about that stuff and I don’t want you talking to people about it!”

     Jin-A just watched her father’s argue as she laughed. “I hate to ruin your fun,” she said cutting in, “but since you two are going out tonight does that mean Hyoyeon is coming over to stay with me?”

     “Oh you mean to babysit you?” Hyukjae asked.

     “No…” the girl said in an annoyed tone. “I am old enough not to need a babysitter, but I just need someone to watch me in case anything happens.”

     “Ah so that’s what you call it.” Hyukjae teased again as he walked over and messed up the girl’s hair. “Well the answer to your question is no. Hyoyeon has to work tonight so she can’t come over to look after you.”

     Jin-A rolled her eyes. “Then who is it?”

     Suddenly a knock came from the front door. “That must be them now.” Donghae said as he walked over to the door and opened it.

     “It better not be someone lame.” Jin-A said as he started walking towards the door to see who would be watching her tonight.

     “I know I like to play games a lot but that doesn’t mean I’m lame.” A voice sounded as someone walked through the doorway.

     “Kyuhyun!” Jin-A cheered happily as she made her way over to give the other a hug.

     “I missed you girly.” Kyuhyun replied as he walked over and hugged the girl back. “It’s been a while. Out of the wheelchair I see.”

     “Yup! Back to my crutches now; luckily I am faster at walking in these than I am moving in the chair.” Jin-A explained as she lead Kyuhyun into the living room. “What are we going to do?” the girl asked happily. “Please tell me it is going to be playing videogames. I bet I can still kick your even after three weeks.”

     Kyuhyun held up the games he had brought with him. “Only the best, and you only win because I let you win.”

     “We are leaving now, okay?” Donghae said as he put on his coat and made his way to the door with Hyukjae. “Remember no staying up past ten and-“

     “No parties, drinking, smoking, or anything normal people find fun really.” Kyuhyun replied as he turned around and smiled. “I know the rules guys, we’ll be fine. Go have fun at your party.”

    

          ~                  ~                  ~

 

     “What the is this?” Donghae said as they got out of Hyukjae’s car and stood in front of the house the party was being hosted at.

     “This is the house of the Vice President of the Finance department’s house.” Hyukjae answered as he linked Donghae’s arm with his own and began walking up the sidewalk and towards the building.

     “You call this a house?” Donghae asked as the continued to walk closer to what looked more like a palace than anything else. “It looks more like some fancy house rich guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter