Chapter 01: The Beginning

Raise Your Glass

Sooyoung’s and Taeyeon apartment.

- Come on, Sooyoung.  Let’s see that night club in the basement. I heard it’s actually nice there – said Taeyeon. Sooyoung looks at her uninterested and stands up from their couch. Taeyeon looks at her hopeful that they’ll go.

- Let’s go. But, I’m not going to change my clothes – said Sooyoung. Taeyeon pays attention to Sooyoung’s jeans and shirt.

- Sure, whatever – Taeyeon smiles and nods her head.

- Come on – said Sooyoung. She offers her hand to her roommate and best friend, Taeyeon. Taeyeon smiles once again and accepts the offer.

 

- It’s crowded here – said Sooyoung. She holds tight to Taeyeon’s hand because she doesn’t want to get lost.

- But I like it – said Taeyon in Sooyoung’s ear – it’s nicer than the other clubs we’ve been to. –

 

- Hey, aren’t those girls our neighbors, too? – Donghae stands up from his chair and looks better.

- I think they are. I saw them today in the hallway – Jessica stands up and smiles at Donghae.

- Call them to come here so we could meet them – Heechul said. Jessica looks at him and rolls her eyes.

- Being a little bossy, again? – said Jessica. Heechul just smiles and ignores her.

- I’ll call them – said Donghae before he disappears in the crowd.

- This is so nice! We’ll have two more friends! – Yoona claps her hands and laughs.

- You really like being social, ha? – said Siwon. He takes a sip from his drink and looks at Donghae.

- Guys, this are Taeyon and Sooyoung – Donghae came back with their neighbors.

- Hello, I’m Taeyeon and this is Sooyoung – Taeyeon said. She smiles and tries to be polite.

- Hello – Yoona said and waves in front of Taeyeon’s face, excited. Taeyeon takes a step back out of the surprise.

- I’m Jessica. I live in apartment number 21 – Jessica said.

- I’m Heechul and this is Siwon – said Heechul.

- We’re at number 25. Nice to meet you – said Siwon.

- My name is Yoona and I live at number 24. You must be the girls from number 22, right? – said Yoona. She smiles and looks at Taeyeon and Sooyoung.

- Yes, yes we are. Nice to meet you all – said Taeyeon and sits down on a free chair. Sooyoung does the same.

- So, what will you drink? – said Donghae.

- Two cocktails Blue lagoon – said Sooyoung. She looks at the people around her.

- It’s nice, isn’t it? We can all be friends! – said Yoona. She is so happy and excited.

 

Sooyoung hears some laughs and opens her eyes. She rolled to the other side of the bed and looks at her phone. 06.14 am.

- Who the hell is here this early? – Sooyoung stands up and looks for her clothes.

 

At the kitchen. Yoona, Heechul, Siwon, Donghae, Jessica and Taeyoen sit around the dinning table, eating breakfast.

- Good morning – Sooyoung walks in and sees them all.

- SooSoo, look who decided to share their breakfast with us. Come, let’s eat – smiles Taeyeon. Sooyoung smiles at her too and sits next to Yoona.

- So, did you slept well? We didn’t woke you up? – Yoona is being friendly.

- No, don’t worry. So, what’s for breakfast? – Sooyoung said.

- Heechul and Siwon got us some juice, Jessica baked pancakes, Donghae brought jam and Yoona prepared boiled eggs. Take whatever you like, we have a lot of food – said Taeyeon.

- Oh, I like pancakes.. – said Sooyoung and took a few.

- So, what do you do for living? – Jessica took some jam.

- I’m business manager and Taeyeon is a lawyer. We both work for the JNTC – said Sooyoung. Siwon’s fork falls down.

- Siwon, are you alright? – Taeyeon looks at Siwon worried.

- Back off, we have some rivals here! – Heechul laughed.

- What’s going on? – Sooyoung asked confused.

- Siwon is a lawyer .. – started Heechul.

- Oh, that’s nice – smiled Taeyeon.

- .. at BiA – finished Heechul and smiled.

- What? BiA? – Taeyeon stands up and looks at Siwon.

- Yes. As long as we don’t mention your work, I think we’ll be fine – said Heechul.

- So, what about you guys? – Donghae said. Sooyoung looks at him.

- What? We met two days ago – Donghae explained.

- And you’re already close? -  asked Sooyoung.

- Well, we’re here on our own. We live without our families so we try to support each other – Jessica takes the juice and pours in her glass.

- Oh, that’s nice – smiled Taeyeon.

- Well, I’m the CEO of my father’s company – said Heechul.

- I’m a model – smiled Yoona.

- A model? Really? I’m a photographer. And I own 1M, the model agency – said Donghae.

- Oh God, you own 1M? I heard so much about that agency! – said Yoona.

- I hope only good stuff – said Donghae. Yoona nods her head and smiles.

- I work as a fashion designer at Y Fashion. My mom… actually owns the company – sighed Jessica.

- Talking about work.. We should go – said Donghae.

- Yes, we should. Let’s go – said Heechul and stands up.

- I’ll stay to help. I have one hour before work – said Jessica.

- Ok, guys, let’s go – said Heechul. Yoona, Donghae and Siwon stand up and say goodbye to Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

At evening. Rooftop. Jessica  and Yoona sit down on the blankets they brought with them.

- Everyone seems nice. I hope we’ll get along with everyone – said Yoona and lied down.

- Yeah. I think we’ll have a lot of fun together – smiles Jessica and looks at the sky.

 

Taeyeon and Sooyoung come from the elevator. Donghae, Siwon and Heechul are in the hallway.

- Hey, come with us on the rooftop. Jessica and Yoona called us. They say it’s nice looking at the city from there – Heechul smiles.

-Thanks for the invitation.. – started Sooyoung.

- We’ll just change our clothes and we’ll come – smiles Taeyeon.

- Can I help you with changing clothes? – Donghae jokes.

- No, n-no, thank you – Taeyeon said.

- He’s just joking – Siwon smiles and the guys start walking to the rooftop exit.

- Idiot, don’t freak them out yet – Heechul hits Donghae’s head. Taeyeon and Sooyoung saw that and laughed a little.

 

Rooftop. Everyone stand and look at the city. Taeyeon and Sooyung join them.

- It’s nice here – said Jessica.

- Yeah.. It would be better if we had something to sit on. And not to bring blankets every time – sighed Yoona.

- Guys, do you know how to build benches? – asked Sooyoung.

- What? No~ - said Donghae.

- We can order some benches – suggested Heechul.

- But wouldn’t it be nicer if we built them by ourselves? – smiles Taeyeon.

- Alright, but you’ll have to work too – said Siwon.

- Alright, let’s all work together – said Jessica.

- This weekend? – asked Taeyeon.

- Sure. We should buy some material – said Jessica.

- Let’s buy it on Friday? – asked Donghae.

- Yeah. Siwon, Sooyoung and Taeyeon can buy the material after work. Me and Yoona will prepare everything here. Heechul and Donghae can.. – started Jessica.

A/N: I hope you like the beginning of our story, I promise to you I'll work hard. How the fifth floor looks like, kind of: