Chapter 00: Their stories

Raise Your Glass

JESSICA’s story

Of course she loves fashion! She grew up looking at models, at photo shoots, looking at her mom drawing dresses, shirts, skirts.. She was the most fashionable girl in my entire high school. Fashion and clothes designing was everything to her. Of course she loves fashion! Her mother is Melody Jung. Yes, thee Melody Jung, owner of Y Fashion and worldwide fashion icon. Because of her rich family, many people despite Jessica. Because of this reason, she learned to be friendly to everyone. Even to those who didn’t deserve to be friendly at. As a person, Jessica is talkative and supportive too. She’s down-to-Earth and tries to be nice to everyone. Jessica is a great role model for her younger sister.

Now, being 26.years old, Jessica made a big decision in her life. Move out of her family mansion and to go live on her own. Her parents supported her decision. Jessica will work at her mother’s company and improve in fashion industry. Nicholas, Jessica’s father, heard of this new building, who just opened up. And there, at apartment number 21, on the 5th floor, Jessica will start her new life.

TAEYEON’s story

Being born in Seoul in Choi / Kim family meant only one thing – you’ll become a successful lawyer. Choi Sarang and Kim Taejoon made sure to raise their only child right. Taeyeon was a great student, always interested in law. Although growing up in wealth, Taeyeon grew into this honest, modest and reliable beautiful woman. Since her young age, Taeyeon loved to be helpful and useful. She tried to be caring towards the other people just how her parents raised her. Seems like Taeyeon is perfect, she never made a mistake and she never disgraced her parents. Being the only child made Taeyeon close to her mother. But, on her 26th birthday, Taeyeon announced her desire to move out and start working at a huge firm named JNTC. Being offered a job from this firm was a honor itself. Her parents were satisfied. They agreed to let her go, if they buy her apartment. New building, 25C85 was built recently and many apartments were empty, waiting to be rented and / or sold.

Her parents bought her apartment number 22, on the last floor. Taeyeon was happy and excited to go out on her own. She quickly packed her belongings and left her family house.

 

YOONA’s story

Being the only child of famous actors Lee Miyoung and Im Minki, she was shoved with money and fame. Although her parents divorced when she was just a baby, Yoona was growing up to be a happy child. She used to smile all the time. Her parents were buying her toys, clothes, food, whatever she asked for. Although her mother remarried later, Yoona continued to live with her. Soon after her mom’s remarriage, her dad, Minki remarried too. That’s how Yoona stopped being the only child. She got two younger brothers, Lee Eunhyuk and Im Kyuhyun. Yoona loved them very much, but she wasn’t close to them. She had her own world of glamour and she didn’t like to share.

Now, that she turned 21, she wanted to became undependable. He daddy bought her an apartment in the newly built building and Yoona moved out. Her new apartment, number 23.

 

  SOOYOUNG’s story

Do you know what is like to be hungry? To be cold? To be afraid? Sooyoung does. Her only family consists of Choi Haenggun,  a repairman. Her father. When Sooyong turned 9, she realized she’s not like her classmates. She didn’t had the money to eat, to be warm at her house. She understood very well. Her father worked really hard for everything they had. Sooyoung couldn’t ask for more. Being a good student earned Sooyoung a scholarship and she went to private high school. Most of the people there made fun of her ugly clothes, of her family background. She made a decision to start working part-time jobs. It was hard, but she started earning money enough for her to support herself. She started buying nicer clothes, and by her graduation, no one even remembered she was poor. They accepted her. After finishing university, Sooyoung got a job, at prestige firm JNTC. She started working there as one of theirs business manager.

Hiding her family background, Sooyoung became friends with Kim Taeyeon. Soon after that, Taeyeon said that she bought a new apartment, just for herself. Realizing it’ll be lonely living all by herself, Taeyeon called Sooyoung to live together. Sooyoung accepted and now they’re roommates.

 

HEECHUL’s story

Kims & co. Huge empire built by Kim Jaeshin and Hwang Jooeun for their sons, the older one Heechul and younger one, Leeteuk. With his younger brother still in school, Heechul became a new CEO of the company. In celebration of this, his family gifted him with an apartment. Newer and better than the current one. Although being impulsive is not quite a good thing, Heechul is brave and smart enough to cover his flaw. Of course, from time to time, it can’t be helped. Because of their age difference, Heechul took care of his younger brother like a father, not only like big brother. His CEO position made him sometimes bossy and ambitious. Although Heechul is the CEO, the real owner is still his father, which can become really unpleasant. Both Heechul and Jaeshin do what they believe is the best for the company, but sometimes, their opinions are different. They do argue, but Jooeun is there to make peace between them.

Now that he moved in his new place, apartment number 25, Heechul decided to turn a new page in his private and business life.

 

DONGHAE’s story

After few years being famous fashion photographer, Donghae decided to open his own model agency 1M. With his happy-go-lucky and silly personality, Donghae is a real magnet for girls. Although many models complained about his work routine, he’s still the best. Weird, but still the best at his job. After he realized he can get away with sleeping with many girls, Donghae became a true womanizer.

But there are two females, Donghae will never hurt and will always protect. Tiffany and Lauren Lee. His younger sister and his niece. His whole world and the only family Donghae has. He adores to make his little niece laugh. That’s how Donghae started joking around all the time. Although many girls with whom he slept, dislike him now, Donghae is just a weird energetic guy who knows how to flirt. As his niece started growing up, and his sister didn’t needed him as much as before, Donghae decided to move out and buy a new apartment, for himself. That building he watched from his agency being built seemed perfectly fine for him. That’s how Donghae became owner of the apartment number 23.

 

SIWON’s story

And now, the pride of his mother, Jung Soonkyu,  neat and hard-working guy Siwon. He works as lawyer at BiA, biggest rival of JNTC firm. Knowing Taeyeon since she started working for JNTC, Siwon always disliked her. They never argued, but they are the best lawyers of their firms. Rival firms. Although Siwon and Taeyeon dislike each other, they have a great respect towards each other. Being in front of a huge firms like theirs, pulling them foreword. It ain’t easy all the time. They both have to work hard.

Siwon is neat, serious man. He takes good care of his mother and younger sister Yuri. He is polite, clever, dependable and sympathetic. He would be perfect if he wasn’t so stiff and awkward with human beings. He truly tries he best, but mother nature gave him good looks, not good social skills.

When he turned 30, Siwon looked for a place to move out. Luckily to him, his high school friend Heechul was looking for a roommate. Few weeks later, Siwon moved in with Heechul, at the apartment 25.