those words

amazing .

Minhyo's pov 
It was another ordinary day on an ordinary school day. Everything that happened in school is pretty much the same everyday. Greeting the home room teacher first thing in the morning, seeing the same old faces in the same classroom, talking to the same classmates and forever not talking to the class's loner, Kim Namjoon. 

I wouldn't say he's a loner because he has friends. ok, maybe only 1 friend and that's Jung Hoseok which is the class's clown. Hoseok talks to everyone so he's somewhat everyone's friend. 

I once tried talking to namjoon on the first day of school. As the class most sociable person, I have the tendency to make friends with everyone and that includes namjoon. I introduced myself and I ended up looking like an idiot. Namjoon ignored me and put on his earpiece in the middle of my introduction. He didn't even look at me in the eye. And from that day onwards, I don't even want to start a conversation with him. It's not that I hate him but he was rude and he also humiliated me by making me look like I was talking to a wall. It's not my fault that he only has 1 friend.

The sun was going to set when I returned to the classroom. The home room teacher asked me to help him out with sorting out some papers for his class and I had to stay back. Well, I couldn't really say no to someone who needs help. Besides, I had nothing to do at home so why not? 

I was about to step into the classroom when I heard a conversation. When I leaned in closer to hear who it was, it was hoseok and someone else. I peeked into the small window and realized it was Namjoon. My mind immediately brought me back to that ill fated day. I had to look into the window to see it was Namjoon who was talking because I rarely hear him talk. 

"What do you think of Hana? Lee Hana?" Hoseok spoke.


"Who's that?" 
 

"Wsk! the girl from our class! Best friend of Park Minhyo!" 
 

"I still don't-" 
 

"The girl who you humiliated on the first day of school." Hoseok cut Namjoon's swords off. 
 

"Oh. I know her. She was pretty annoying back then." 

DAMN THIS GUY. I WILL PUNCH YOU WHEN YOU WANT TO START TALKING TO ME. 

"She only wanted to introduce herself and you just ignored her. She did nothing wrong." Hoseok sighed but Namjoon only shrugged his shoulders with his arms folded. 

 

"But, Minhyo is pretty among the females in our class. I'd say she's number 3 among the class girls!" Hoseok giggled.
"I'd say she's number 1-" 

My heart thumped. So he actually thought I was pretty? He isn't that bad after all. Maybe I should try talking to him again. 

"-from the bottom." Namjoon ended his sentence. 

I TAKE BACK MY WORDS. THIS GUY IS RUDE. 

"She's nothing amazing." Namjoon said in a monotonous voice. 

I will kill this guy before I graduate. "nothing amazing" he said... I'm gonna show him how amazing I can get. Just you wait, Kim Namjoon.

I slammed open the door and Hoseok looked at me with wide eyes. He probably thinks that I eavesdropped on their conversation. Namjoon didn't even looked at me at all and continued looking out the window. 

I rolled my eyes and took my bag from my desk. I didn't say a word because my mouth could just spit out words without thinking and that would've been bad. 

-----

"Hh my god, was Minhyo this pretty?"
"is that Park Minhyo from class 3B?! She looks so pretty!" 

"Damn, she's fine." 

I smirked at all the comments I could hear from walking the hallway. Today I woke up extra early to prepare myself for this battle. I put on makeup to school for the first time ever. I only applied natural colour eye shadows, drew my eyebrows and add a little of pink on my lips. I let down my long hair that I've always tied it up in school. I only braided the top part of my hair. 

Kim namjoon, I don't think I'm "nothing amazing" already. You will definitely think otherwise. 

"Minhyo! What happened to you!?" Hana ran up to me. 
"I just wanted a change. That's all." I gave her a reassuring smile and hoped she won't ask any further. 

I looked at namjoon's direction and caught him staring at me. He quickly turned away and looked out the window. I smirked. My plan is going as planned. Or not.

Throughout the day, I keep appearing at everywhere namjoon went. I purposely acted differently when he walked in my direction. But whatever I did, it had no reaction. he didn't look at me once and only walked past me. 

why isn't he reacting!? 

I wanted to show off more of my different side to him but things didn't go as planned. And by the time I realized, it was already the end of school. I sighed at my pathetic self. 

Why did I even bother myself with him? I made a huge mistake and it's so embarrassing........

The sun was setting and I was on my way home, reflecting on what I had done today when the rain suddenly poured. 

Shoot! My makeup is going to get ruined!!

I ran as fast as I could to the nearest shelter which was the library. I didn't go in but only stayed outside because i would be freezing if I went in. I waited for quite long for the rain to die down but the rain is still falling heavily. 

I should've taken the bus.... ugh, nothing is going my way today!!

"You look different today." a voice spoke.

I turned my head to see who the owner of the voice is. My eyes widened when it was Kim Namjoon, the guy who said I was "nothing amazing". 

I scoffed at him and ignored him. 

"Did you hear our conversation yesterday? That's why you put on the makeup and all?" 

I suddenly got embarrassed because I would be saying that I was being a busy body and got concerned over his words.

"You're talking a lot today." I avoided his question. 

"I felt like talking." that was his reply. 

"I thought you said I was "nothing amazing"." I blurted out. I realized what I had said a second late and it was too late to take it back.

He showed a slight amused smile, "So you did listened to our conversation yesterday." 

I bit my lips in embarrassment. If I could, I would've ran away from that spot but because it's raining heavily, I had no choice but to stay rooted. 

"Forget about what I said yesterday-" 

"it's pretty much etched into my mind. That's why I did all of this." I spoke the truth and mentally slapped myself for being so honest.

"You're already amazing as you are." Namjoon suddenly said. 

"Yeah I know I'm "nothing amazing", you don't- what?" I looked at him. My heart skipped a beat. I could feel my face getting warmer by each second.

"I'm not repeating it." He looked up at the sky as if to hide his reddened face. "It's up to you to think back what I said. See you tomorrow, Minhyo." and he left, walking in the rain. 

My heart was beating loudly when he said my name for the first time ever. My eyes are still glued on his back as he walked away. My mind keeps replaying what happened a few minutes ago. It still gave me that butterfly feeling in my stomach.

And for the first time in our conversation, I smiled.