Chapter 1 : Growing Pains

Inter Duo
Please log in to read the full chapter

SMALL WARNING - There will be mentions of violence throughout the story though nothing graphic or severe.

Chapter 1 : Growing Pains

The ghost of a hand glowed red on Donghae’s small cheek, tears welling in his eyes he called out to is mother, his plea interrupted by another sharp blow to the stomach. He pulled his knees closer to his chest scrunching his eyes closed, begging for it to stop, for someone to take this horrible pain away. A small slither of light slid across the floor before reaching the shaking boy wrapped in a Finding Nemo quilt.

“Mummy, please make it stop.” escaped his lips between whimpers and shudders of pain. Silently, she crossed the room and gently his hair, attempting to soothe her youngest son. She was thankful that Donghae couldn’t see her in the dark, see the single tear roll down her cheek as her heart broke.

The next day when he woke up with a broken arm and bruises scattered down his torso, his mother took him the hospital. She sat silently while a smiling nurse spoke to him, asking what colour he wanted his cast to be .Her baby boy spent his child hood in the hospital and in tears, despite this he was happy, he laughed and smiled. He played football with his friends, climbed trees and bickered with his brother.

As Donghae grew his heart never turned bitter but remained young and sweet, even with the horrible beatings he endured, he remained gentle and loving. Every morning was greeted with a smile, knowing one day it’d all be worth it, one day he’d have his soulmate and he’d protect her. So he worked hard to be his best, to never disappoint anyone or hurt anyone because he knew, more than anyone, what pain felt like.

*

A walking

Please log in to read the full chapter