I'm Different: Kwon Yong Min

I'm Different (The Distance Grievances Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I should leave then…”

 

Little Min sits on top of her bed, both hands are cupping her chubby face as she keeps on pouting. “Mommy and Daddy don’t love me anymore… Maybe because they think Rin is cuter than me. Or maybe because I’m chubbier than my sister… but… but my voice is better than Rin! However, Rin is way better speaker than me. I can’t talk properly yet… even though I’m six years old already. Does Mommy and Daddy don’t like me for that? Mommy’s voice is great. She can sing many songs that I find it hard to say. Daddy knows how to sing fast… Oppa said it’s called rapping. Oppa can rap too! They said, Rin can rap as well, that’s why whenever Oppa and Rin are together, they like talking fast. What about me? I couldn’t even pronounce Itch-Punch-Bob properly…”

 

Glancing once more on her notebook, the Little Girl sobs, “I should really leave then...but, if I go away…”

 

‘Where will I live then?’

‘Where will I eat?’

‘Where will I take a bath?’

‘Where will I sleep???’

‘Who will take care of me??’

‘How will I study?’

 

 

 

She started scribbling on her notebook once more, listing possible people who can ‘adopt’ her for the mean time. “Is it okay if I ask Uncle Ri? Will he take me and let me live in his A-Patt-Ment (Apartment).” She fishes out her phone, before dialing her Uncle’s number. Unfortunately…

 

“Hello?” a female voice answers.

 

‘Huh? Why my Uncle’s voice sounds different? Is he sick?’ “Uncle Ri?”

 

“Who is this??” It seems like the female voice becomes curious. “Who’s Uncle Ri?”

 

‘Omo! Maybe, Uncle is really sick! His voices changes and now… he doesn’t recognize me??! Aigoo, I don’t want to live in his house then, he might ask me to take care of him! I don’t like! I don’t like!’ the girl panics. “Ah…Eh… Ah… Sorry, wrong number. I’m looking for Pizza House Delive-RI…Bye Bye!” and she hung up.

 

‘Aigoo!’ she crosses out her Uncle’s name on the list. ‘Uncle Ri really screams trouble.’

 

“Anyway, the next on the list is… Grandpa.” She dials on her phone again, waiting for an answer.

 

*Ringgg… Ringgg…*

 

“Hello?” Granpa Lee answers the call, much to Min’s relief.

 

“Grandpa!” she yelps, as if seeking for comfort.

 

“How’s my Baby? Why did you call Grandpa?” the old man asks in enthusiasm.

 

“Grandpa… I want to evacuate our house. Is it fine to live in yours?” Min straightforwardly asks him, making the old man snorts harshly out of shock.

 

“MWO??! Why??”

 

“………..…” Little Min doesn’t answer, instead, ‘Should I tell Grandpa the truth? Nah! He might tell Mommy and Daddy… then they will ask me… then they will deny… then they will pity me and pretend that they still love me… then they will ignore me again… then I will plan to leave the house for the second time… then I will call Grandpa… then he will ask me why… then…’

 

“Min??? Are you still there?” a concern voice can be hear through the other line, however, the Little Girl is still lost with her own world, completely ignoring the Old Lee.

 

“……..” ‘….then I will tell him my problem… then he will tell Mommy and Daddy again…’

 

“Yah! Kwon YongMin!” that startles the kid out of her reverie, unfortunately…

 

“GRANDPA??? W-WHY…WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME? YOU DON’T LOVE ME ANYMORE TOO? THAT’S FINE!” And Min ends the call much to the protest of the old man.

 

 

And that’s what it takes for the Old Lee to be crossed out on the list.

 

 

Proceeding to her plan, Min spots the third person to be her classmate, Dong SanYoung. She dials his number and waited for the person to pick up her call.

 

“Annyeong?” a boy’s voice kindly greeted.

 

“SanYoung?” Min calls him.

 

“Hi Min-ah! How are you? Why did you call?” he cheery said. Apparently, this little Rascal from Dong Clan, son of Mr. Dong Youngbae and Mrs. Dong Sandara, has a little crush on Min, much to the girl’s obliviousness.

 

“I… I need help…” she pouts, suddenly contemplates whether to ask support from him or not.

 

“Really? What’s that? Assignment?” he guesses.

 

“Nope…”

 

“How about take-home quiz? Project? Reports? Thesis? Feasibility Studies? Say it, Min. I’ll gladly help you…” the genius boy encourages her.

 

‘Huh? How come we have Thesis and Feasibility Studies? We are just grade one students! See, that’s the reason why Jin Oppa doesn’t like him. Tsk! Show off…’ Min snorts. “Excuse me, but I need a place to stay for a while. Can I live in your house for the mean time?” Like before, the Little Girl asks her query very straightforwardly as if she’s just borrowing some pencil.

 

“You… You wanna live here? In my house?” the boy asks in surprise. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes…” Min nodded, as if he will see her.

 

“My Mommy said that a girl will only live in the guy’s house if they are already married. Does it mean you wanted to marry me?” SanYoung asks.

 

Min ponders for a while, thinking that if marriage is the sole way for her to leave home and live in SanYoung’s house, then its fine! ‘It’s just a marriage right? Mommy said when a woman gets married, she just have to dress in white…’ Looking at her sky blue outfit, ‘I guess I have to change in white dress…’ “Ahmm, if I say yes, will you allow me to live in your house?”

 

“Ahhh, I think so. So what? Will you marry me?” the boy got excited.

 

“Yes… if that’s okay with you. But if it’s not… then…” Min says, but SanYoung cut her off.

 

“SURE!!!” he said in glee, making the girl smile happily for her problem has been solved!

 

“Thank you!”

 

“Wait! I’m gonna tell my Mommy so that we can pick you up! I will call you later okay?” he said sweetly.

 

“Okay… I’m going to inform my parents too…” she replies.

 

Once she put down her phone, a soft knock could be heard outside, followed by Rin’s squeaky voice calling her out.

 

“Min??” Rin twists her door knob before entering her room.

 

“Why?” Min hides her notebook.

 

“Mommy said its dinner time… She asks me to call you down.” Her sister informs her, smiling.

 

“Okay, let’s go down.” She smiles back.

 

If only they know what she’s planning to announce…

 

 

 

 

 

*At Kwon’s Dining Table*

 

 

 

Chaerin glances at her family who’s busily eating the food she just prepared. Jin naughtily scoops Rin’s favorite chicken stew, making her daughter complains loudly. Jiyong laughs because Rin takes her revenge by biting on Jin’s favorite fried chicken. She shakes her head because of their childishness.

 

“Yah! Don’t play with the foods, Kwons!” She strictly orders. Apparently, her immature husband just plays along with their babies, causing them to throw foods with one another. Unexpectedly, her youngest daughter Min just continues chewing her food while mumbling words she doesn’t understand.

 

‘Mommy said Kwons should stop playing their foods… but I’m not playing with mine. Does it mean that I am not a Kwon???’ Min pouted, “Then I really don’t belong at all…” she mumbles.

 

“Min-ah? Baby, are you okay? You seem so quiet…” Chaerin asks in concerns. “Are you not feeling well?”

 

Min breathes in and out loudly, thinking that it is the right time to tell them her plan, especially now that they are looking at her intently. Unfortunately, before she could do so, their phone rings, causing her Mommy to stand up and take the call instead.

 

“So, Baby? What’s your problem? You look so sad?” Jiyong coaxed his daughter.

 

“D..Daddy? I am leaving the house…” Min announces.

 

That halts everyone’s activity, well except Chaerin whose busy talking with someone on the line. Jiyong looks at her youngest baby in shock as if she just announced that she’s pregnant; Jin drops his fried chicken on his plate and just gapes at his sister while Rin unknowingly bites her chopsticks.

 

“W..WHAT???!” that was all the shock father could ask.

 

“I AM LEAVING THE HOUSE…” Min repeats and emphasizes each word for them to understand.

 

“Why???!” Jin follows up, with the same fervor as their Daddy.

 

“Because…” Min’s sentence was cut by her rushing mother. Chaerin couldn’t even breathe properly for she has to take a glass of water and gulp them in one down.

 

“Baby!” Jiyong complains at Chaerin while pinpointing Min. “Your daughter is saying something!”

 

“Kwon YongMin…” Chaerin dangerously started, “Your Auntie Dara called me, telling that any moment they will arrive… do you know why?”

 

“Yes, Mommy, does she informed you that I’m going to live in their house?” Min innocently asks.

 

“Yes, and she also told me that her son, SanYoung, was so happy because you WANTED TO LIVE WITH HIM??? Care to explain, Young Lady!”

 

Jiyong stands up, while looking at his youngest daughter. “What is happening here???”

 

“I made my decision Mommy, Daddy, Oppa and Rin. I’m going to move out of our house…” she also stands up.

 

“Why???” Rin asks in shock. “Don’t you love us anymore???”

 

“You Piglet! Aish! That SanYoung probably told you some stories about their home again, right???” Jin stomps his feet in annoyance. He’s not fond of that young Dong, for he likes to flirt with his sister so much. “That Rascal! He’s dead once he arrived!”

 

“Nope.” Min shakes her head. “I called him, actually. He just agreed!”

 

“And why do you want to stay in their place?? You don’t like our house anymore? Do you want Daddy to buy a new mansion? How about a Villa? Just say it Baby, Daddy will make it possible for you...” Jiyong panics. “Come on, tell Daddy...”

 

 

Min thinks for a while, contemplating whether to tell them or not. Her belief that her parents don’t like her anymore still keeps on ringing in her head, therefore…

 

“I wanted to marry SanYoung!” Min announced, and this time, Jiyong literally falls on the ground, Chaerin gasps in suffocation, Rin cringes at her sister and Jin taps the table.

 

“SAY WHAT????” the father and son duet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Forty Five Minutes Later*

 

 

Jin looks darkly at their visitors, most especially to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter