Mornings

Mornings

I sighed.

Mornings were never really her thing.

She’d do anything to stay in bed longer, to snuggle up against me and feel my warmth as I held her in my arms, gently coaxing her to get ready for work.

My presence was all she really needed, she’d say.

Today was a little bit different though.

It was Saturday, for one thing, and we’d both been too stressed out recently from the start of year’s workload. A lazy day in was a welcome respite.

We faced each other, resting on our sides. I gently cupped her cheek as we continued to lay in the sheets, sunlight streaming through the gossamer curtains. I think it was a few hours past sunrise; I would peek at the clock behind me but I couldn’t be bothered when I was perfectly content gazing at her peaceful state.

She breathed softly against me as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ears.

I sighed again. So beautiful.

“Wake up, babe.”

She pouted cutely when I poked her cheek, and I couldn’t resist moving forward and pecking her lightly.

She huffed and moved to lie on her back.

“Taeyeon-ah,” I whispered. She really hated getting up in the morning.

She sighed while her hand moved up from underneath the sheets for mine, relaxing in a warm and lazy grip.

I shifted closer, then pressed my lips against her jaw.

She made a noise and moved her head a little.

I tried again and kissed her jawline, then along from her chin to just under her ear. I moved my body up to rest over hers, our joined hands now lying beside her head.

My lips ghosted towards her own. I paused and blew softly against her, where I looked up and met her eyes, half-lidded and filled with that dark passion. I’d never tire of finding myself lost inside that gaze.

She motioned to meet my lips with hers, but I moved back slightly, a small grin on my face.

“Fany-ah, you tease,” she muttered.

I dipped my head and our lips met in a warm, gentle embrace. Some weeks of pent-up stress and our mutual need for each other made us tug and nip at each other for far longer than I had intended. But I didn’t really care how long we spent in that bed, prolonging our morning, as long as she was with me.

When we'd finally pulled away from each other, I opened my eyes and saw her, fully awake and glowing with happiness.

“Best way to wake up,” she grinned at me.

Her smile was all I really needed.