Dinner and a Ring

Listen to Your Heart

 

[Jaejoong’s POV]

My parents, Mr. Park, and the rest of the adults were chatting in the living room. Mr. Park was holding Yejin’s hand as he introduced her to everyone. Hye Ri was awkwardly sitting there. I made my way towards her.

“Hey.”

 

[Hye Ri’s POV]

Otokae?! Kim Jaejoong is actually speaking to me!! Calm down, Hye Ri. Be cool. I cleared my throat.

“Hey oppa. Do you need anything?”

“You seem out of place.”

“U-uh, excuse me? What is that supposed to mean?”

He chuckled. “I meant, there’s no reason for you to stay with them.” He then pointed to all the adults. “They’ll just talk about business.”

Ah, that’s what he meant. I nodded my head and looked apologetic.

“Here, come with me.”

He grabbed me by the wrist and led me to a gaming room of sorts. It was filled with Ji Eun and Jaejoong’s friends. I recognized them from magazines. Yoochun oppa was with a few others at the bar, having several drinks. He kept staring my way.

“Where’s my cousin?” he asked in a serious tone to Jaejoong oppa. He didn’t look very happy.

“She’s still getting ready. You okay?”

Yoochun oppa stared directly at me. “Why is she here?”

“I couldn’t leave here with the adults. She’d be bored to death.”

Yoochun oppa rolled his eyes then finished his drink in one shot and left the room.

“What’s wrong with Yoochun?” Jaejoong oppa asked Yunho oppa.

“Ji Eun said to just leave him alone. He’s not feeling well.” He then turned his attention to me. “Who are you?”

“M-me? Ugh… I-I… I’m Kang Hye Ri. It’s nice to meet you Yunho oppa.”

He just stared. “I’ve never seen you before. You're not a chaebol, are you?”

The others in the room stopped what they were doing and all eyes were on me. Jaejoong oppa went over to his friends for a drink.

“I-I’m not…”

“Are you Ji Eun’s friend?” Changmin oppa asked.

“What does your parents do for a living?” Junsu oppa asked.

“What exactly do you want from this family?” Yunho oppa asked.

I looked to Jaejoong oppa for help but he was talking to Eun Mi and Haewon. I was bombarded with so many questions.

“Guys, leave her alone.” Ji Eun said as she came towards me. “I’m sorry about that. They always interrogate guests. I apologize if they made you feel uncomfortable.”

“Baby, you look absolutely breathtaking.” Jaejoong oppa said. He went towards her and kissed her. They looked so happy together.

I looked on in envy.

 

[Jaejoong’s POV]

With what seemed to be hours of waiting, Ji Eun finally came down. The long wait was worth it though, she looked so stunning, so perfect.

 

(A/N: Ji Eun's outfit:)

 

“Guys, leave her alone.” She went directly towards the new girl.

Yah, what is the meaning of this?! She’s supposed to go to me first. (T_T)

“Baby, you look absolutely breathtaking.” I said to her and kissed her. She put her arms around me as we looked into each other’s eyes.

“Come on you lovebirds, it’s time to eat dinner!” Junsu said to us. I gave him the signal, letting him know to get ready for his little “confession.” He sighed then nodded his head as we walked towards the larger dining room.

 

[Ji Eun’s POV]

I was walking towards the dining room and had noticed Yoochun oppa taking a seat. What is he doing here? He looked troubled. I got out of Jaejoong’s grasp and made my way next to Yoochun oppa.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me.

“I should be asking you that question.” I was surprised by the smell of alcohol on his breath. “Oppa, you’ve been drinking haven’t you?! Please just rest.”

“How could I miss your engagement dinner? Uncle… would be sad if I did.” He looked towards appa with tears in his eyes.

I made myself comfortable in the seat in between Yoochun oppa and Eun Mi.

“What are you still doing here?”

“Huh?” I was confused.

“Ji Eun sit next to Jaejoong,” he ordered.

“Shiro.”

He gave me a serious look.

“Arasso, I’m moving.” I got up not wanting to anger him any further.

“What’s wrong with Yoochun?” Jaejoong asked me.

“I’m not sure… but I think it’s something serious. Oppa, I’m worried.”

Jaejoong held my hand. “He’ll let us know what’s wrong when he’s ready.”

 

 

 

30 minutes later

 

 

Dinner was coming to an end and surprisingly Appa hasn’t said a word about the engagement. Instead he kept glancing at Yoochun oppa and vice versa. Is there something going on between these two?

“I’d like to make an announcement.” Appa began to spoke. “As you all may know, you guys are here to celebrate the engagment between Kim Jaejoong and Park Ji Eun. After many considerations, I have come to the conclusion that the wedding-”

Suddenly Junsu oppa spoke, “Ji Eun’s preg-”

“Appa, I’m not going to marry Jaejoong.”

Shock filled the air and the entire room was quiet, with everyone shifting their gaze between me, and Jaejoong.

 

[No one’s POV]

“I’m sorry but I can’t marry Jaejoong, at least not right now. Although I’ll admit it, I am dating him and I really like him but it’s too early to get married.”

Everyone was silent and waited for Minwoo’s response. He then started laughing.

“What I was trying to say before I got interrupted was that, after seriously thinking it over, I’ve decided to postpone the wedding. I know you both like each other so we thought waiting a little longer wouldn’t hurt anyone.”

Mr. Kim added, “You guys really didn’t have to go through all this trouble though, hiring Junsu and all.”

Everyone laughed. Ji Eun and Jaejoong thanked their parents and excused themselves.

 

 (A/N: Listen to this while reading Jae's part! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99GyFmnH59s)

  ) 

[Jaejoong’s POV]

I led Ji Eun towards the backyard and into the gazebo for some fresh air.

(A/N: It looks like this~)

 

We were both relieved that the wedding was postponed. I took her by the hand to dance.

“We’re going to dance without music?” she asked.

I took out my phone and played something slow. “This may not be the best sound system-”

“You know it doesn’t matter. As long as I’m right here with you, everything’s perfect.”

I smiled brightly before giving her a kiss.

“Park Ji Eun, you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” I stopped dancing and took a small box out of my pocket. “I’ve been meaning to give you this for the longest time.” I said as I kneeled on the floor and opened the box. “With this ring, I promise to love and take care of you. I will be the best boyfriend you’ve ever had and I promise to never let you go. Will you officially be my girlfriend?”

She stared into my eyes and smiled. “I’d love to be your girlfriend oppa.”

I smiled from ear to ear. My heart felt at ease being with her, and nothing else in the world mattered. I took the ring out of the box and slid it on her ring finger. I took mine out of my pocket and put it on.

“Perfect. Park Ji Eun you are now Kim Jaejoong’s official woman. Arasso?”

She pouted. “Does this mean I have to let go of Yunho oppa now?”

“YAH!!”

She laughed. “I’m just kidding~! Oppa, your mine and I’m yours.”

I kissed her on the cheek. “Yup, so now I can officially tell Yunho to stay away from you.”

“Aish, you’re so childish! Your still worried about him? Aigoo…”

I held her closer to me as we continued to dance. My heart felt like it would explode, I love her too much. Nothing could ruin this moment. 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Waaah so cute~ <3 I was thinking of having either Jessica or Hye Ri interrupt our couple's romantic scene but those two haven't been romantic in awhile... =O It's been like 5 chapters since their date?! >_< As always thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing~! I look forward to reading your comments! ^^