Chapter: 四つ

Kurai Akumu

Irene's Point of View:

I woke up the next morning, Wendy was hugging my waist, I was still remembering the crazy event that took place yesterday. I was now a resident of this newfound town, and I was sleeping in bed with it's mayor...

"Wen, get up," I shrugged her. Wendy's grip on my waist only grew tighter.

A loud buzzer was heard throughout town. 

"Attention all townspeople, rise and shine! The current time is 10:00am, the weather forecast for today is going to be cloudy with no chance of rain." The intercom went off. 

Wendy yawned then slowly got up.

"Mmm.. Morning beautiful," Wendy mumbled as she got up and then got back in bed again.

"Wendy! Wake up, don't you have mayor things to do?" I kept on shaking her until she would respond.

"Alright alright..." Wendy groaned. The doorbell rang and Wendy pressed a button on her wall and said something into her house intercom. "May I ask who's at the door?"

"It's Seulgi with the mail," A voice replied. "Can I come in?" 

"Yes you may," moments later Seulgi walked into Wendy's room and a pile of letters were dumped on the floor. "Thanks Seul."

"No prob, Wen." Seulgi said as she left the room, then the house. 

"Wow..." I said in shock. "You have so much mail..."

"I know, these are mostly citizen's requests or problems that I have to help them out with," Wendy informed her.  "Wanna join me while I do these?"

"Yeah, sure." Since Irene had nothing else better to do, why not this?

--

"Okay, first request. The letter reads, Dear Mayor Wendy, I never knew my cat was pregnant but she gave birth yesterday and now we have 3 kittens, we can only take care of one, can you find a good home for the other two? Sincerely, Kyubeii." Wendy read. "Okay, let's go to Kyubeii's house and get that kitten!" 

--

Wendy knocked the door, I stood awkwardly beside her. I didn't know who these people were but Wendy knew everyone, of course. 

An older woman opened the door and signaled for us to come inside. Wendy bowed. 

"Greetings Mrs.Kang, your grandson Kyubeii called for us to come over," Wendy said. 

"Ahh I see, Kyubeii come over here, will ya?" Mrs.Kang said. 

"In a sec grandma, let me grab the kittens!" He yelled from upstairs. 

"Who's this one?" Mrs.Kang asked and then pointed at me.

"She's the new resident, her name is Irene," Wendy said proudly. 

"Irene! That's a pretty name." Mrs.Kang smiled. "Is she yours...?" 

I blushed and looked down, Wendy did the same. 

"Ohh, I see." The woman said. "It's not like that?" 

Trying to change the conversation topic Wendy asked a question, "Soo, wheres Seulgi?"

"She's still at work, that lonely workaholic I tell ya'!"  Mrs.Kang replied. 

"I see..." Wendy said.

Kyubeii slowly came down the stairs holding two sleeping kittens in his arms.

"Shh, they're sleeping..." He whispered. "I didn't name them yet so you guys could give them unique nicknames of your own... They're both girls."

"That was very thoughtful Kyubeii, thank you." Wendy smiled at the little boy as she handed one kitten to Irene. "We'll be on our way, have a wonderful day you two, plus Seulgi if she ever gets back from work," Wendy joked. 

"You too mayor!" They both said as Wendy and Irene left their house. 

--

"Can I keep her Wendy?" Irene said as she pet the kitten she was holding. "She's really starting to grow on me."

"Sure, if you want to. I think I'll keep mine too, I'm gonna name her Hayao."

"And I'll name mine Eunnie," Irene added.

"That's an interesting name..." Wendy teased.

"Oh, stop it.." Irene lightly punch Wendy's arm. 

"Oww!!" Wendy fake-collapsed on the ground with the kitten still in her arms. "Ow, oh god.. Irene you hurt me.." Wendy tried hard not to laugh.

"Get up pabo..." Irene said as she poked Wendy with a stick. 

"Aish.. Okay okay," Wendy said as she nudged Irene.

The rest of the day was filled with laughter and closeness as the two got to know eachother better.

--

Author's Note: I really love writing this story ohmygod.