Chapter: 三つ

Kurai Akumu

Irene's Point of view:

"Ugh... What happened last night?" I mumbled to myself as I got up. I was in a bed, an unfamiliar bed, in an infamiliar room.  Where the hell am I?

I examined my body, I was covered in scratches and I wasn't in my dress anymore, I was in a white blouse with a black mini skirt. It was almost sunset. I got up and left the little room/house thing and stepped outside. It was like, this small little town-ish kinda place. It was really cute actually, just a small little town scattered with orange and yellow leaves and oak trees. I started walking but then I fell... 

3rd Person Point of view:

"Owww..." Irene whined, face buried into the ground. "Why can't I do anything right..." 

Irene heard a unfamilar voice giggle from behind. 

"BAAAH!" Irene got up and screamed at the figure and threw a handful of leaves at the woman's face in the process. The woman looked her age and was actually very attractive. But, Irene followed her instincts instead of taking notice of her surroundings...

"What a lovely first impression," she chuckled as she pet a small animal held in her hands. "My name Wendy she said as she helped Irene up. 

"I'm Joohyun... Bae Joohyun, but you can call me Irene," Irene smiled. 

"Irene, huh?" Wendy smiled. "That's a really pretty name." 

Irene blushed. She remembered, she needed to ask something... What was it...? Oh yeah. 

"Where am I?" Irene asked, still confused. 

"I thought you'd never ask, you're in the town of Kurai Akumu," Wendy told her. "Wan-"

Irene inturrupted her, "How did you find me?"

"I found you at the bottom of a hill as I was walking home from the farmers market," Wendy informed her. "You were unconcious so I had to carry you here."

"I remembered something pushing me down the hill, it was an animal of some sort, I wonder what it was..." Irene asked herself. 

"Aha! It was probably Kitsune!" Wendy exclaimed as she pointed at the animal in her arms. 

"Huh..?" Irene asked. 

"Kitsune is my pet fox, he likes to roughhouse a lot. He's also the thing you tripped over." 

"That damn fox..." Irene mumbled. 

"What was that?" Wendy asked, not hearing what Irene said. 

"Oh nothing," Irene showed a shy smile. 

"Well okay, do you want me to give you a tour of the town?" Wendy asked her. 

"Yeah sure," Irene accepted, she forgot completley that she had a town of her own, a home of her own, a family of her own... Well, she got tired of everyone in the outside world anyways. 

Irene's Point of View:

Wendy grabbed my hand and led me to several places explaining what they were, she also introduced me to the residents, even though half of them were animals... She really loved animals. There were thirty actual people but Wendy only introduced me to the ones who played a huge role in the town. Seulgi owned the mail station 'Mail Mail Mail', Jonghyun owned the produce shop 'Hyun's fruits', Jessica owned 'Blanc and Eclare' the boutique, Yuri owned the gardening shop which remained unnamed, Key owned the salon 'Glamour', and Seohyun was the town librarian.

As we walked I saw a small stage with a banner that read, 'Town Meeting.'

"What's that for?" I asked as I pointed at the stage. 

"The mayor is having a town meeting," Wendy told her. 

A person got up on the podium of the stage.

"And now, mayor Wendy Son." The young lady spoke. 

Wendy let go of my hand.

"I'll be back soon," Wendy winked at me and walked up on stage. 

"I would like to welcome a new visitor of Kurai Akumu,"  Wendy looked at me and smirked. I didn't like where this was going... "The beautiful Irene!"

Everyone looked at me and rushed towards me, greeting me with handshakes and introductions and gifts. It must've been a while since they've seen an outsider. 

"Alright everyone, enough now... But Irene," Wendy hopped off stage and took some flowers from her podium and handed them to me. "Would you like to join us and become a citizen of Kurai Akumu?" Wendy smiled brightly, she was excited. I hesitated for an answer. "Please?" Wendy begged once more, now she was on her knees, it was almost like she was proposing to me. 

"Yes.." I answered, I had nothing to lose anyways, right?

"Great!" She got up and hugged me tightly while the town cheered. "You'll love it here, I promise," Wendy pecked my forehead. My face was red. "Town, we will throw a party to celebrate the coming of Irene."

Wendy had so much power, it was kinda hot I had to admit but before I could do or say anything Wendy felt my forehead. 

"Your face is so red... Do you have a fever?" Wendy asked in a concerened tone. 

I didn't say anthing.

"Aish.. You need some rest, you can stay at my place." She smiled. 

--

Wendy's house was huge, not to mention how nice it was. 

I felt like I was living a dream, I hope I'll never wake up. 

But like dreams, there are also nightmares.