Exasperation is a Good Motivation

The Dark

"I don't know if I should sympathize with you or slam your head over the steel wall in the Duel Room, repeatedly," the exasperated voice of his little sister echoed throughout the stonewalled room of Jung Taekwoon. He sighed and zipped up his leather coat and turned to face his sister, who had her hands on her hips with a very stern expression reminisced that of their mother's. Taekwoon pursed his lips in determination then turned around to open his window. He inhaled the cold crisp air of midnight and looked at the pale face of the round moon. Then he jumped.

When he was halfway down to the ground, he casually spread his black wings and flew until he saw his sister's fair face looking at him in exasperation. She shook her head once and walked out of Taekwoon's view, her voice echoing in the silent night, "Let the family meet your lovely partner, Taekwoon." Allowing a small smile to grace the normally uncurved lips of his, he flew through the clouds and quickly made his way to the lovely meadow near the lake where he would go when his family's antics were too much for him.

He sheathed his wings once he was a few feet off the ground, his boots never making a sound when he walked towards the figure silhouetted by the moon. A gasp emanated from the figure when Taekwoon backhugged him. The figure turned around to reveal smiling brown eyes and milky chocolate skin, pink lips turned upward in delight. "Taekwoonie~"

Taekwoon could only smile through his eyes as he feared he'd scare, "Hakyeon. Did you wait for too long?" Hakyeon shook his head and his smile turned wider. The brown haired male suddenly hugged him, the force making him stumble a bit before regaining his balance and responding to hug his "partner" as what his little sister had said.

"Nope, I was only here a few minutes before you. Is there something wrong?" Hakyeon had seen how Taekwoon had contemplatingly looked at him and had started to open to his mouth then had closed it in fear of saying the wrong thing. He saw how Taekwoon was nervously biting his lower lip, he almost had the urge to kiss his boyfriend of 6 months with how adorable he looked with that hesitant face of his. Almost since, first and foremost, he knew it was something important, enough to make the shy Taekwoon to be nervous about telling Hakyeon.

Various scenarios ran around in Hakyeon's mind and inwardly grimaced at some of the things his brain could conjure. But he also feared when one passing thought reminded him that he was never a match for Taekwoon who was a creature of the night (though he doesn't really know what kind since there were a lot of creatures with black wings) and he was just a mere mortal, a day creature. He mentally sighed and unconsciously gripped his boyfriend's arms tighter. Taekwoon saw the worry in Hakyeon's face and sighed before kissing the shorter male's forehead.

"It's nothing for you to worry about, Hakyeon. It's just..."

"Just what, Taek?" Hakyeon was more worried now with how Taekwoon was tightlipped more than ever. 'Nothing for me to worry about. Yeah. Right.' Expelling his nervousness away, Taekwoon determinedly eyed Hakyeon and quickly spouted out, "Iwantyoutomeetmyfamily." Hakyeon blinked at the rapid spoken sentence then widened his eyes when he had understood it. He looked at Taekwoon who was now fidgeting (FIDGETING, Jung Taekwoon never fidgets), "Are you sure?"

Taekwoon had opened his mouth but before he could answer, a growl had emitted from the trees behind them. He then immediately pushed Hakyeon behind him and waited for the silvery fur of the wolf that was sure to come out from the forest. Golden, slitted eyes came forth before the towering figure of an Alpha wolf came out from the trees. Taekwoon had to roll his eyes and relaxed his fighting stance. Hakyeon, who was a bit frightened since he'd heard stories of how the forest was inhabited by a pack of werewolves, noticed how Taekwoon was relaxing and concluded that it might just be an ordinary wolf.

But oh how Hakyeon was mistaken when the wolf started changing in front of them. He widened his eyes when a man, fully clothed at that, with silver hair and the same golden eyes appeared after the change. He was grinning at Taekwoon who had sighed, a smidgen of frustration in the expelled air. The werewolf (for Hakyeon was pretty sure it was one) laughed at that. Hakyeon was a bit startled by the booming laugh and sidled closer to Taekwoon out of instinct.

"Wonshik."

The werewolf, Wonshik, stopped laughing at the authoritative voice and shook his head. Taekwoon narrowed his eyes, "What are you doing here?" Grinning, Wonshik pointed at the lake behind them, "I'm meeting my husband here. What are you doing here, Taekwoon?" The lake had started bubbling even before Wonshik had finished answering and, in front of the three, a bubble of water appeared and out emerge a very beautiful merman. Taekwoon narrowed his eyes when said ebony haired merman shifted and jumped the couple feet between the lakeside and the wolf to actually smother said wolf.

"WONSHIK! YOU ! YOU'RE HALF AN HOUR LATE!"

Hakyeon blinked at the sharp voice and Taekwoon barely resisted in facepalming at the secondhand embarassment his feeling right now. The pair watched as the merman started hitting Wonshik hard enough to make the wolf cringe and shouting at him about being punctual, "out of respect for your husband who was waiting with a dozen or so boring bodygu-"

"Oh come on. Jaehwan. Shut up. It's the full moon tonight and Wonshik's a werewolf. Sheesh. I should not have let myself be dragged away from my sleep. Tch," a handsome copper haired man appeared beside Hakyeon, his face filled with boredness and slight impatience at the weird couple still splayed out on the grass. He turned to Taekwoon then at Hakyeon and smiled, showing the deep dimples on either side of his face, "I'm Hongbin, Taekwoon's younger brother. Nice to meet you~" Hongbin, after giving another bright smile at the scowling Taekwoon, flew right before Taekwoon could grab him. His tinkling laughter remained even when Hakyeon couldn't see the black wings anymore. He turned to look at the scowling face of his boyfriend then smiled hesitatingly, "You didn't tell me you have a younger brother, Taek." His boyfriend blinked and looked at him with slight incredulity, "You're not scared?" It was Hakyeon's turn to blink, "Why would I be scared? I kinda like Hongbin. He seems nice."

He heard a snort and turned to look at Jaehwan, apparently Hongbin was the only one who accompanied him there, who was picking off the stray seaweeds stuck on his hair with the help of Wonshik. After getting his fingers flicked away again, Wonshik grinned at the startled look Hakyeon wore when he saw that Jaehwan had feet instead of the midnight blue tail he had when he emerged.

"Hongbin's nice when he wants to be. To people he likes and he loves to irritate Taekwoon to no end," Jaehwan said after flinging off the last seaweed and dusted his denims after being helped in stading up by Wonshik. "It's fun to see how Taekwoon would chase him around and he'd merely laugh then fly away." Taekwoon threw a seaweed Jaehwan had thrown near him at the couple. Jaehwan barely dodged and it was because he pulled Wonshik in front of him. The boisterous laugh Jaehwan emitted had Hakyeon giggling then full out laughing at Wonshik's ridiculous "I can't believe my husband just made me into a living shield".

"Jaehwan! This stuff is gross. Seriously! Ugh," Wonshik disgustingly flung off the seaweed towards the lake and, judging from the audible plop, had thrown it a bit too hard. Jaehwan was still laughing while Hakyeon was wiping stray tears from how hard he had laughed. "Oh my. I like your partner, Taekwoon," Jaehwan said then walked towards the two and held out his hand, "Kim Jaehwan, pleased to meet you." Hakyeon smiled and shook his hand, "Cha Hakyeon and it's really nice to meet you." Grinning, Jaehwan hooked his arm through Hakyeon's and began walking off while talking about Taekwoon (more like gossipping, from Taekwoon's point of view). Wonshik patted Taekwoon's back and grinned when he saw how the older creature looked at the human. "I like him," Wonshik said and chuckled as Taekwoon turned to glare at him, "possessive much? Jaehwan likes Hakyeon. That's a first for him to genuinely like a person at first meet." Taekwoon sighed and followed the two gossiping males with Wonshik.

'I suppose we're gonna go back to the manor then.'