-Final-

Teacher's Assistant

'Good morning class.' Mr Choi greeted as he walked through the classroom door. The usual monotonous greeting was returned by the students.

Taeyeon's seat was by the window at the very back of the class, boasting a good view of the school soccer field and the vast blue skies. She liked to sit alone not only because there would be less disturbance to her sleep and studies, but also because she enjoyed the fresh wind that would occasionally blow through the window. She usually slept through homeroom because it's boring and just for admin matters. Today was no exception.

Taeyeon had her bag on her lap, one arm hugging the bag as a pillow and the other on the table for her to rest her head on. She was about to let the gentle morning breeze lull her to sleep when Mr Choi woke her up, saying that there was something important he had to tell the class. Taeyeon let out a sigh and sat up straight, rubbing her eyes and shaking her head to get rid of the sleepiness.

Taeyeon rested her elbow on the window sill and supported her head with her fist. She looked at her teacher who was going on and one about this year being a important year for them with a bored expression while daydreaming about her dookongs back home on her comfy bed. 

'- welcome Miss Tiffany, the new teacher's assistant.' was all the daydreaming girl managed to catch as a figure walked through the door. The girl which Taeyeon assumed was 'Miss Tiffany' stood at the front of the class and bowed before straightening up and presenting her set of pearly whites to the class, eyes disappearing into perfect half moons. Taeyeon looked around the class, wondering why everyone was so silent. Usually when there was a new teacher, everyone would be chattering amongst themselves, throwing in a comment or two about the new teacher but this time, there was none to be heard. It was only then that Taeyeon realized how beautiful she was and figured that the class probably was captivated by it too. The cloud of sleepiness around her vanished and her bored expression turned into a awestruck one. Taeyeon looked at the teacher's assistant from head to toe, taking in her gentle facial features, her simple and appealing outfit –maroon plaid shirt half buttoned over a white shirt and black skinny jeans– and her slightly wavy light brown hair. All in all, Taeyeon was spellbound by her.

'Hello everyone! My name is Tiffany Hwang! You can call me Miss Tiffany or Miss Hwang. I will be taking over Mr Choi as your english teacher for your final year. Nice to meet you all!' Tiffany chirped.

'Good Morning Miss Hwang!' the class chorused the most energetic greeting Mr Choi had ever heard.

Tiffany smiled and turned to Mr Choi, nodding to him slightly as a signal for him to take over. Taeyeon's eyes followed Tiffany as she took a seat at the teacher's desk. Mr Choi took his leave as the bell rang, signalling th next period: English. 

 


 

'Taeyeon-ssi. What is the meaning of warmth?' Tiffany asked Taeyeon, ignoring all the boys who had sat up straight with their hands high in the air, all wanting to get chosen. 

'Uh.. Kindness? and.. affection? also used to describe heat.' Taeyeon answered. Just like how I feel whenever you smile at me.

Tiffany held their eye contact for afew seconds before a smile drifted across her face. 

'Correct.' Tiffany said and continued her lesson. 

Taeyeon had already developed a crush on Tiffany the moment she introduced herself to her class. Right now, she felt unable to concentrate in class. The butterflies were having a intense protest, fluttering not only in her stomach but all over her insides, making Taeyeon feel really tingly in the abdomen area. She patted her tummy and willed the butterflies to go away. It worked but the feeling came back when Tiffany smiled at her. Oh boy..

 


 

The bell chimed signalling the end of the period. Taeyeon saw Tiffany struggling with the pile of workbooks at the front and immediately bounded to the teacher's table, shoving the guys who were about to help their 'damsel in distress' aside and lifted half of the books from Tiffany's hands. 

'I'll help you.' Taeyeon insisted.

'Thank you Taeyeon.' Tiffany smiled. 

They walked out of class and strolled to the teacher's lounge. 

'So.. Is my teaching okay? I hope so since I'm only a college student and not a 'real' teacher.' Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

'Y-you're not? Your english was so good I thought you were! And you're still studying? You look like a real teacher! You had me fooled there.' Taeyeon said in wonder.

'I came from America so of course my English has to be good. And yes I'm still studying. Anyways.. You seem like a really studious person.' Tiffany stated making the slightly shorter girl blush.

'You could say that Tippa- Omo I'm so sorry! It slipped my tongue! Sorry Miss Hwang!' Taeyeon apologized over and over.

'It's okay~ It's Tiffany by the way.' the pink lover corrected her student.

'Tippany?' Taeyeon tried.

'No, Tiffany.' Tiffany repeated.

'Fany.' Taeyeon said. 

'What?' Tiffany asked.

'Since I can't really pronounce f I'll just call you Fany. I mean only if that's okay with you.. Since you're kind of like a teacher and all and I'm only a student I don't' 'It's okay! Fany sounds good.' Tiffany stopped Taeyeon from rambling any further. 

'But only call me that outside school. I don't want you to get into trouble from the other teachers,thinking you don't respect me and stuff. Okay?' Tiffany requested of Taeyeon.

'Okay.' Taeyeon beamed. 

They reached the teacher's lounge and went in. Setting the book's down on Tiffany's desk silently, Taeyeon bowed at her teacher before turning to take her leave. Tiffany gave her signature eye smile to Taeyeon which made the latter's heart flutter. At that moment, the student had decided to ask her teacher out after school.

 


 

'HOLY- Taeyeon you scared me! What are you doing here?' Tiffany asked, left hand clamped over her heart, right hand clutching onto the doorframe of the teacher's lounge. Taeyeon had hopped infront of the door, clutching her bag strap tightly while smiling at Tiffany. The shorter girl had been bubbling with excitement ever since English lesson and was waiting for this moment the whole morning. 

'Now that school's over, there's no more teacher student thing right?' Taeyeon asked rhetorically.

'Uhh.. Yea.. I guess..' Tiffany said while eyeing the other girl suspiciously.

'Do you have anything on? Are you free now?' Taeyeon blurted out all at once.

'No.. I'm free for the rest of the day. Why?' Tiffany asked cautiously.

'Great!' Taeyeon exclaimed and grabbed Tiffany's wrist and dragged her to the car park. 

'W-what? Where are we going Tae?' Tiffany asked baffled. She had accidentally let out the nickname she created for Taeyeon while she was in the teacher's lounge marking their english books.

'Tae?' Taeyeon halted all of a sudden and spun around, nearly causing Tiffany to smash into her and tumble to the floor.

'Er.. Yea.. Nickname.. Do you like it?' Tiffany muttered, feeling slightly embarassed.

'I don't like it..' Taeyon said. Tiffany's mouth curved downwards. 'I love it Fany-ah! Now let's go!' Taeyeon chirped before dragging Tiffany again. A blush crept up Tiffany's cheeks and her frown turned into a smile. The teacher's assistant felt as if she could fly at that moment.

They stepped out of the school and into the blazing heat of the hot sun and walked to the car park.

'Where's your car?' Taeyeon asked, surprising Tiffany.

'That one. Just what are you doing Tae?' Tiffany asked, hoping to get at least a hint of what the younger girl was planning. 

'Secret. You will find out soon.' Taeyeon said and winked at Tiffany. Man, where did that come from, Taeyeon thought and shook her head.

They walked infront of Tiffany's car and just as the teacher's assistant was about to get into the driver's seat, Taeyeon stopped her. Flashing her charming smile that she seldom showed to people, she took Tiffany's car keys and took her hand, leading her around the car and opening the door to the passenger's seat and made sure Tiffany sat tight before shutting the door and jogging over to the driver's seat. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and smiled while shaking her head at the other girl.

'What?' 

'First day meeting me and you kidnap me, hijack my car and refuse to tell me where we're going. You sure are something.' Tiffany let out a hearty chuckle, getting only a wide grin as a response. 

'You'll see very soon. You'll like it. I promise.' Taeyeon said as she started the engine and reversed out of the parking lot. 

 


 

Taeyeon parked the car and got out. Jogging over to Tiffany's side and opened the door, ushering her out. By now, the two were very comfortable around each other. It was just so magical that they clicked together despite knowing each other for barely a day. Their chat in the car bonded them even more. Though there was still much to learn about each other, one thing was really clear. They were totally in love with each other.

Taeyeon wrapped her hands around Tiffany's eyes and guided her to sit at a park bench. 

'Keep your eye's closed and no peeking please.' Taeyeon said as she ped her bag and took out a sketchbook. It was her most prized posession other than the die-cast car models in her room. Taeyeon liked drawing alot. It helps her express herself and relax. Tiffany heard the flipping of Taeyeon's sketchbook. 

'Keep them closed for just awhile more.' Taeyeon said just as Tiffany was about to ask what was she doing.

Taeyeon flipped to her best artwork yet. She spent the whole day perfecting it, making sure it was a real masterpiece. 

She turned the sketchbook around to face Tiffany.

'You can open your eyes now.' Taeyeon said. Tiffany's eyes fluttered open. She squinted and blinked a couple of time to adjust to the brightness. She finally noticed Taeyeon's sketchbook infront of her. She gasped. It was a sketch of her tucking her hair behind her ear. It was even done in pink; her favourite color.

'Taeyeon.. I.. How?' was all Tiffany managed to get out. Taeyeon smiled gently at her and sat down on the bench next to her. 

'I saw your desk eariler. Pink pen, pink eraser, pink phone even a slightly pink laptop. So i figured you must really love pink so I sketched you.' Taeyeon said while blushing.

'It's beautiful.. Thank you..' Tiffany gave Taeyeon the warmest smile, making Taeyeon feel are tingly inside. 

'And I want to tell you something too.' Taeyeon said shyly. She flipped the page over and showed the back of the drawing to Tiffany.

Would you be my girlfriend?  was written neatly in  fancy, cursive handwriting.

Before Tiffany could say anything, Taeyeon said something that truly touched Tiffany.

'I know I might sound a little out of my mind asking you this when we only know each other for a day. But I have a feeling that if I don't, someone would beat me to it and I would regret hesitating. I mean I totally understand if you reject me. I can try again some other time.' Taeyeon let out a awkward laugh. 'Maybe you have a boyfriend or girlfriend that I didn't know of then it's totally fine too you know? I'll just wait till it's my turn. I don't mean I wish for you to break up with that person! I only mean that I-' Tiffany kissed Taeyeon square on the lips, effectively shuttng the shorter girl up. Taeyeon's eyes were so wide open she looked almost similar to a goldfish. Tiffany, sensing Taeyeon's stiffness, rested a gentle hand on the other girl's thigh, patting it. The message seem to get through when Taeyeon relaxed and responded to the kiss. Tiffany pulled back and looked into Taeyeon's eyes, grazing her thumb over the back of Taeyeon's hand. 

'I'll become your girlfriend.' Taeyeon smiled. 'On one condition.' Taeyeon's smile faded away. Tiffany laughed upon seeing this. 

'Don't worry~ It's nothing hard for you. It's quite a small favor actually. I know you're almost an adult but I just want you to promise me that you will continue doing well in your studies and not let your grades drop from thinking about me all day.' Tiffany said seriously but joked at the last part. ' Also keep our relationship a secret. The school might not be so happy about it. Okay? Pinky promise me.' Tiffany said and she stuck her pinkie out at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon nodded feverishly, interlocking her pinkie with Tiffany's and pressed their thumbs together. 

'Anything you say Fany!' Taeyeon said elatedly. 

Tiffany smiled and leaned in for another kiss. This time, Taeyeon made the first move. She ran a hand through Tiffany's hair and rested it behind her neck. Tiffany responded by rubbing Taeyeon's thigh, causing Taeyeon to let out a moan. If they didn't need air they would have went at it all day. Taeyeon was the first to pull away. She smiled at Tiffany.

'Say, I feel lonely living alone..' Taeyeon said suggestively.

'Where are your parents?' Tiffany cocked her head to the side in question.

'They're in Jeonju, my hometown. I came here to study so I live in my own apartment.' Taeyeon explained. 

'Well.. my roommate is really annoying. She always pesters me and asks me stupid questions. So annoying. So what do you think we should do to solve this problem?' Tiffany said playfully.

'Let's go pack your stuff. You're coming with me.' Taeyeon grinned while pulling Tiffany off the bench and they both ran back to Tiffany's car with light-hearted footsteps.

 

 


My first TaeNy one-shot. *Pops party poppers* Also my longest one-shot, a record of 2k words. Woo~! Hope you guys enjoy it. I will continue updating 'Dorm Troubles' tomorrow.