Addict(ion)

Daes with Yoo

As soon as Daehyun walks off the stage his mind instantly begins to think about the one thing he’s been wanting for the past two hours now.

This “wanting” has become an addiction to him. It’s become something that’s so hard to break free from. His “wanting” is like a lover whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Daehyun ignores the calls, of his bandmates, as he steps outside into the back alley where it’s completely dark and empty except for the local dumpsters that are loaded with foul smelling garbage.

The Busan male inhales deeply as his heart pounds wildly in his chest. His hand sinks into his tight leather pants and pulls out a small white package. The males thumb gently caresses the small package before he flips open the top revealing his stick of addiction inside.

Daehyun knows he shouldn’t want this but it’s his own private way of relieving the stress that pile up like a stack of papers each day. He pulls out the thin white stick from the package and firmly presses it between his lips. A click of a rectangular object can be heard and soon a small flame has erupted which he presses against the end of the stick and watches it ignite.

Smoke billows out in even waves as Daehyun inhales and exhales the chemicals from the stick into his lungs. Each puff he takes will bring him that much closer to death but at this point he could care less.

Daehyun wants no he needs to fill this never-ending addiction that he’s had since he was sixteen. He just wanted to fit in and be like one of the cool kids when he was just a young and naïve kid back then. All he ever wanted to do was impress people so when one of the coolest guys in school offered him this addiction who was he to say no.

Daehyun leaned against the brick wall and closed his eyes as he continued to inhale and exhale while watching the smoke trudge through his thick parted lips before dispersing into the night air.

The sound of metal scraping concrete could be heard along with light footsteps. When Daehyun glanced over at the intruder he was met with a frown.

“You couldn’t even wait until we made it back to the dressing rooms before you lit one of those up?” Youngjae questioned as he crossed his arms while staring at the elder.

“Nope. You know I need this, Jae.” Daehyun answered as the smoke billowed from his lips in an unattractive manner.

“You don’t need that, Dae. The only things you need in life are food, water, oxygen, and shelter.” Youngjae huffed as he glared slightly.

“Well this is my food, water, and oxygen. I don’t really need anything else.” Daehyun shrugged as he finished the last bit of his addiction and tossed it on the ground.

The tiny bit of addiction rolled carelessly on the ground as a trail of smoke came out of the end of it. Daehyun shoved his hands in his pockets and went to stomp on the addiction making sure that it had been put out completely.

“How can you even stand those things? Those are bad for you. They can kill you. Even worse, smoking can change your voice. Don’t you want to be a singer for the rest of your life? If you continue to smoke then your singing career will be over. Is that what you want, Dae?” Youngjae asked in a saddened tone as he stared at the concrete ground.

“I know what it does to people. Do you honestly think that I don’t know what it’s already doing to me? I can’t stop it though, Jae. It’s a drug to me and I’m always going to want more of it. I don’t know how to stop this addiction I have. I’ve tried to stop but I just can’t.” Daehyun mumbled as he shook his head slowly in shame.

“It’s okay, Daehyun. I can help you. We can help you get over this addiction that you have.” Youngjae assured him as he walked over and placed his hands on the elders’ shoulders.

“Will you really help me, Jae?” Daehyun asked with a hopeful look in his eyes.

“Of course I will. That’s what best friends are for. I won’t give up on you, Dae.” Youngjae nodded as he smiled at the elder.

Daehyun smiled at the younger as he threaded their fingers together and led them back into the club.

Would getting over his addiction be that simple?

 

 

 

 

 

No.

Trying to break an addiction is not as easy as it seems to be.

It’s been three weeks since Daehyun last had his addiction and it’s taking its toll on him.

For three weeks Daehyun has been trying to sneak out to have his addiction only to be dragged away by a furious Youngjae.

For three weeks Daehyun has been unusually angry and slightly violent because he doesn’t have his addiction in his system.

For three weeks Daehyun has been sneaking out to purchase his addiction only to have them torn apart in front of him and tossed away in the garbage by Youngjae.

For three weeks Daehyun has been in Youngjae’s tight hold while he screams out and cries for his addiction.

For three weeks Daehyun has been begging Youngjae for it to stop….and five months later, Youngjae agrees.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun has another restless night in his sleep as he tosses and turns in his bed. Small whimpers escape his lips and the sound of a light switch being flipped on can be heard.

Youngjae lets out a yawn as he looks over at Daehyun who is whining in his sleep. The elder has his black hair plastered to his face and it looks like he’s sweating a bit as he continues to toss and turn.

The younger lets out a silent sigh as he gently shakes the elder and watches as the elder tenses up before relaxing quickly and slowly opening his eyes.

Daehyun blinks a few times to adjust to the light in the room and he finds himself staring at Youngjae who has very noticeable bags under his eyes.

Youngjae’s black hair is sticking up in all sorts of different directions and his pouty lips look slightly chapped. He runs his tongue over his lips and lets out a small hiss as the pain registers in his brain.

Daehyun frowns slightly and places his hand on the younger’s cheek making sure to caress it slowly and gently.

“I’m sorry.” Daehyun whispers as his thumb gently runs over the bag under Youngjae’s right eye.

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault.” Youngjae whispers back as his eyes close on instinct at the elder’s touch like it has become his addiction.

It’s the same words and shared touches each night. Neither one will admit it but the subtle touches and caresses send chills down the others spine. Shaky breaths can be heard in the small bedroom and the longing stares continue but neither one will admit how they really feel.

Youngjae has become Daehyun’s new addiction. Youngjae is the one who is always there for the elder. Youngjae will do anything for Daehyun and he kind of likes it like that.

Daehyun realizes that his old addiction is nothing compared to Youngjae. His old addiction never tucked him into bed when he was having a nightmare. His old addiction never brought him soup and took care of him when he was sick. His old addiction never defended him when others made fun of him.

His old addiction was and is nothing compared to Youngjae.

Youngjae can see the concentration on the elder’s face and he isn’t sure what to do. Should he just confess what he’s feeling and be done with it? Should he wait patiently and give the elder more time?

Daehyun traces Youngjae’s chapped lips with his thumb and he frowns again. It’s because of him that the younger can’t function properly because he’s been too busy helping the elder get over his addiction that he doesn’t have time to take care of himself.

The hot breath that escapes the younger’s lips sends a shiver down Daehyun’s spine and he thinks that it’s the best feeling in the world. He wants to feel like this each and every single day.

Daehyun craves the feeling of the younger’s touch and that’s when he realizes that his old addiction has now been forgotten. He opens his mouth to speak but quickly closes it. What if Youngjae doesn’t feel the same way?

“Can I be your new addiction?” Youngjae asks so quietly that Daehyun barely hears it.

A faint smile crosses the elder’s lips as he replies with a simple, “yes.”

A faint smile is mirrored on Youngjae’s face as he shuts his eyes and closes the distance between them.

Daehyun doesn’t mind having a new addiction as long as that addiction is in the form of a certain Yoo Youngjae.

End.


A/N: This idea literally came to me right before I went to bed last night so I had to write it. Sometimes I wonder if Daehyun really does smoke or not...hmmm. Perhaps? It makes no difference to me either way. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Feel free to send me requests or scenarios in the comments below, to my DM's, or in my tumblr box. I love hearing from all of you. Thanks to those that have already left me comments. Thank you to those of you that have already subscribed and even to those of you that have voted up this page. Thank you!! ^_^