one

Handsome .. Stranger ?

Handsome ..Stranger?


 

I stretched as I got off the stuffy bus. I looked around the campus and welcomed the scent of freshness, from the surrounding nature, that brightened up the area. I slowly made my way towards the building for my first class.

 

I opened the glass door and looked back and forth making sure I was going the right way. I really wish I had went to orientation, but sleeping is was more important. After what seemed like decades, I found my class and took a seat by the window. Since it was spring, the breeze would keep me awake. I took out my notebook and placed them in front of me, along with my pens. The lecture soon started after the clock struck 11:00 am. The class was intently listening to the professor telling a story about how he almost died bungee jumping. Yeah, not planning to put that on my bucket list. The lecture then came to an end and everyone, but me, dreaded about leaving class. I think I was the only one who was bored from it. I checked my watch and saw that it was only an hour past noon. I blew a raspberry as I skidded my shoes against the floor wondering what I was going to do until my next class.

 

I took a stroll through the campus garden and spotted an isolated coffee shop that had tall glass windows from top to bottom. I opened the chiming door and took in the vintage beauty of the shop. At the corner of my eye, I saw a white grand piano that glistened when the light hit the smooth surface. I turned my attention back to the girl behind the counter and ordered my iced coffee.

 

“While I wait, can I play a song on the piano?” I asked shyly.

 

“Of course!” The girl gleamed. I smiled back and hesitantly walk to the piano. I sat on bench that was warmed up by the sun and placed my excited hands onto the keys. I pushed down a couple keys and smiled at the perfectly tuned piano. My fingers slowly danced along the anticipating keys and put me in a trance. My eyes unconsciously closed, getting lost in the flowing tune. My fingers came to a stop when I felt eyes on me. I opened my eyes and was faced to other customers. Blush rushed to my face as I scurried off to my waiting coffee.

   

 “Sorry for disrupting your afternoon,” I bowed, embarrassed.

  

 “What song was that? It was quite beautiful,” the girl from earlier asked.

 

     “A song from my childhood memories,” I answered before going out the door, being cautious of the coffee in my hand. I smiled as the memory came back to me. I tossed the coffee cup in a garbage can and walked towards the tree, escaping the sun’s embrace. I turned my head, feeling like someone was staring at me, but no one was there. I dismissed the thought and proceeded forward.

 

    I slumped down onto the soft grass and leaned against the tree’s trunk. I closed my eyes and welcome the birds chirping, but was startled when I felt a presence next to me. I peeked to the left and saw a boy. He was pretty good looking and there was something that felt familiar about him.

 

    “Uh, hi,” I greeted. “Sorry if I come off rude, but who are you?”

 

    “How do you know that song?” he asked, ignoring my question. How rude.

 

     “Why?”

 

    “Answer me!” Ouch.

 

    “It was a song from an orphanage I was from. Sheesh!” I replied. Getting up, my eyebrows connected in the middle as I gave the boy an irritated look. I was suddenly pulled down and was squashed by two masculine arms. What the-. I notice the charm on his necklace that matched mine. Only kids that were from my orphanage got them.

 

     “Your necklace,” I pointed out as I pulled out my phone, still on top of him. I grabbed the charm and brought it up to his neck, fumbling as my fingers matched the puzzle pieces. It clicked and I remember now.

    

I let my fingers take over the piano as his responded on the other hand. We smiled as the melody harmonized and flowed through the still room. The light hit our necklaces and sparkled blinding us for a second. Our song came to an end and we walked out of the room. Gazing over the view, I looked at him.

 

     “I-I’m leaving the orphanage tomorrow,” I confessed. I played with my fingers, anxious to hear his response, but much to my expectation, he didn’t. I smiled bitterly and walked away. “Goodnight, JinHwan. And goodbye.”

 

     “I’ll find you. Wait for me, HeeYoung,” he commented. A tear cascaded down my cheek as I turned the corner. Please do so, JinHwan.

    

“Hi, HeeYoung,” he said with a warm smile.    

    “Hi, JinHwan,” I greeted back.

     “I knew I would find you one day,” he exclaimed, circling his arms around my waist.

    “Well, here I am,” I commented, clinging my arms around his neck.

    “So..”

     “Yeah?”

     “...”

   “...”


hehe so yeah...its kind of short, but i like it.

thank you for reading !

uhm, bye now (:

Fifi_Noo