Chapter 1 - Do I Need A Reason*)

Little Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m screwed, aren’t I? IU threw herself on the sofa in Yoo In Na unnie’s living room.

If people have wedding jitters, IU was obviously having a date jitters at that point. She could not calm down. She kept thinking that she made the worst decision by agreeing to go on a date with Song Minho, something that she would have in her mind, especially after her scandal with Eunhyuk oppa. Not again, she said when the scandal attacked her. But then there she was, already agreeing to a date with another male idol, which was currently in the spotlight for his marvelous performance and appearance in MAMA a few days earlier.

“I’m totally most definitely screwed.” She buried her face into a pillow next to her in frustration, “Unnie, say something, please.” She begged.

“Well,” Yoo In Na gave her a calm smile from the kitchen where she was cooking a late lunch for both of them, “What do you want me to say?”

“I don’t know.” IU shrugged her shoulder, “Whatever.”

In response to that, Yoo In Na could only chuckled. Her best friend was always like this. She could show her determination when it came to her career in music or her work in general, but in regards of affairs with male beings, she was a rookie.

“Ji Eun-ah, Mino is a nice guy. He’s a nice hoobae of mine in YG. He’s talented and handsome and proper. He’s romantic, I suppose, considering the fact that he drew a beautiful picture of you and later gave it to you as a present, though secretly. He’s a good guy for you. Obviously, it would be a fun date if it’s with Mino. Now tell me, in what aspect that you aren’t sure of?”

“Well, for instance,” IU stood up and moved to sit at a stool in front of the kitchen table, “We had only met twice. Three times if you count the day we performed but that was it. What are we supposed to talk about on our date?”

“For me, it opens a lot of possibilities. You can talk about anything, like literally anything, because you had not had the chance to converse a lot with him in your initial meetings. So, no, conversation topic is not a problem. What else?”

“What am I suppose to wear?”

Yoo In Na rolled her eyes to her best friend’s question. Seriously, she was worried of what clothes she was going to wear? Like she did not have a separate room in her apartment that she used specifically for a walk-in closet.

“Okay, maybe clothes aren’t exactly the problem.” IU was able to interpret Yoo In Na’s rolling eyes into a response of disagreement, “I just don’t want to look too eager by wearing something that is too, you know, proper or like I put a lot of thoughts into my clothes. But at the same time, I also don’t want to look like I don’t give it a thought at all by wearing something too casual.”

“You’re killing me, do you know that?”

“Unnie, help me.” She was desperate and afraid and anxious. There was nobody else after Eunhyuk. Their relationship – whatever it was – was over immediately after the picture of them was leaked. And she was still in some kind of trauma after it occurred so Song Minho would be the first guy she went out with. That, if she decided to go after all.

“When’s the date?” Yoo In Na asked.

“Tonight.”

“Tonight?!” She turned her head in disbelieve, “Then what are you doing here? It’s almost 4pm.”

“It’s later tonight actually. He still has practice until 10pm. We’ll meet at 11.”

“Where?”

“In a studio owned by one of his friend, he said.”

“Is his friend can be trusted?”

“I’m not sure. But he told me that he told his friend that he rented the studio for another friend of his, somebody who was still trying to make a musical career. Not for him.”

“Okay..” Yoo In Na nodded. But something in IU’s answers triggered her to be curious about something else, “By the way, you’re contacting each other after yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter