One Fine Day

One Fine Day

 

Jung Yonghwa saw her. Yes, that familiar girl with long hair when he was on the escalator. Their crossed their way, yet she didn’t even look at him. She was talking so sweetly to a man beside her, to a man she held so tight. But the man wasn’t him, it was another man.

Hurt. That was the definite word that describe his feeling right know. How could the woman he loved so much being in another man’s arm?

He kept looking at her even though they parted their way. He prayed that was just his imagination. Still, that girl was still her. Seo Joohyun.

It couldn’t be…

 

***

 

Yonghwa woke up from his dream with sweat wetted his body. He gasped for air and looked around to find himself on his own room. Geez! That was only a dream. But really, that was a really bad dream. He looked at the clock at his bed side table, it was shown 3 am. It was way too early to wake up. Then his gaze shifted to the photograph beside the clock. It was him with a woman that he loved so much. The woman that in the weird way got so much distance nowadays with certain particular reason.

Then he remember their last encounter, on a rainy day, she was crying because of him. He was just standing like that, watching her left him motionless. They had a fight. A big fight if it was compared with any other fight that they had. She said that he was too busy with his work. She said that he didn’t care about her anymore. She said that he didn’t love her anymore.

If only Yonghwa got more courage back then, maybe he would have run to her. He would have embrace her in his arm. But he was just a stupid brat who just stayed silent to let her go. At that time, he thought that was the best thing that he could do. But now, he regretted everything.

Day after day was like a living hell on earth. There was an emptiness inside. There was a sadness he couldn’t bear. There was a guilt that kept eating him. Now he knew how it felt. Being lonely and left behind after the terrible heart brake. He didn’t set this issue right and just left hanging like this. And that was his biggest mistake. Thinking about him without her was really terrifying. No, he couldn’t be like this. It was hurt. It was really suffocating.

Silently, a tear rolled on his cheek.

He couldn’t live without her.

“Joohyun…. Seo Joohyun…” He chanted her name hopelessly.

 

***

 

Yonghwa really tried so hard to concentrate on his work that day. He looked at the computer blankly for full five seconds. He shook his head and tried to focused again. Geez! He couldn’t be like this. So he decided to take a short brake and ran to the rooftop of his office building.

The wide sky view and a hectic Seoul was seen from the rooftop. Yonghwa leaned to the railing and held his phone. He already thought about this over and over again. He was the one who must contact her first. He knew it, but he was too afraid. Afraid of what? He also didn’t know.

Countless time he stared at her number on his phone. He tap the call button but immediately ended it. Now he did the same thing. He stared at her number then slowly tap the call button. No, now he shouldn’t end the call. So he brought the phone close to his ear, only to get another disappointment.

“The number you are calling is no longer registered.”

Damn! She changed her phone number. Did she hate him that much? He groaned and shouted so loud. This must not happening! He wanted her back in his life. He didn’t want to officially brake up with her. If that happened, he was sure that he couldn’t survive it.

 

***

 

“Oh, come on, Hyung! Join us and we’ll clubbing all night! Forget your sorrow and have fun!” Said Lee Jungshin, one of his friend on his office.

“Yes, Hyung. Who knows that you’ll find y woman there.” Lee Jonghyun, his friend who were known as the cassanova, blurted out.

“Yah! Hyung isn’t that kind of man! It just you and your retarded personality!” Said Kang Minhyuk, the ever sensitive guy in their group.

“I said no, okay? Which part of ‘No’ that you don’t understand?” Said Yonghwa in annoyance.

“Tsk! No fun! We’ll just want to cheer you up!” Said Jungshin.

“Yes, Hyung. We are really sad looking at you like this.” Said Minhyuk. “But seems certain person just want to hit on a y woman.” He gave a side glance to Jonghyun.

“Yah! Watch your mouth, Punk!” Jonghyun shouted.

Minhyuk just stuck his tongue out.

“Argh! Be silent, will you? You only give me more headache.” Said Yonghwa. He massaged his temple slowly.

“Hyung…” Jungshin cooed and hugged Yonghwa’s shoulder. “Come with us? Okay?”

“Jungshin-ah… Stop it. I already said no.” Said Yonghwa tiredly.

“And let you just sulk all alone in your apartment? Geez, we’re not kind of friends!” Said Jungshin.

Yonghwa looked at Jungshin. Maybe Jungshin was right. He must loosened himself a bit and have some fun. Maybe it could make his mind set on the right track.

“Well, okay then.” Finally Yonghwa agreed.

“Great! Let’s go!” Said Minhyuk cheerfully.

 

***

 

The club was packed just any other Saturday night. People all around Seoul came here just to pay for a short satisfaction through alcohols and crazy dance on the floor. His three friend already swarmed to the crowd and join the dance. Yonghwa was all alone stared at the careless people who swayed their body along the loud music.

He remember, he and Joohyun like to go clubbing once in a while. They would dance and laugh freely. No burden tagging along. But now, he was standing alone. No Joohyun here. But wait, wasn’t that her?

A familiar figure with a long hair was dancing on the dance floor. Yonghwa’s eyes widen as he could clearly see her. Oh God, that was her! He was about to reach her but he realized that she wasn’t alone. He was dancing with another man. !

Yonghwa kept looking at her in disbelieve. Then Joohyun looked at his direction too. Their gaze clashed. A shiver ran down his spine. Oh God, now he met her, but she was with another man. This was like his nightmare came true. Should be this ended like this? Yonghwa, being a coward once again, left the dance floor and ran away. Ran away from her and from cruel reality that he couldn’t take.

 

***

 

Now he was sure what he should do. He would chase her again no matter what. Even though he didn’t know her number, but he know her. He knew where she work and what she loved to do. What place that she usually visit, even what food that she usually eat.

Yonghwa was standing on the street in Myeongdong. They loved to take a walk here and went shopping. Yonghwa knew the best that Joohyun loved to shop. She always insisted him to go to Myeongdong every week to check whether there was a new clothes model or not. They would walk hand in hand while strolling around. Then, they would go to one of the café and eat.

Ah, that one fine day. That precious day. That day when Joohyun looked so dazzlingly beautiful in his eyes. That day that he couldn’t forget. Would they could go back to that time again?

Yonghwa was dazing in his mind when suddenly the woman he was waiting for came into his sight. Joohyun was alone. Yonghwa frowned, where was the man that he saw in the club back then? If he was her new boyfriend, maybe she would come here together. But no, she was positively alone. This made Yonghwa’s heart racing. He had the chance.

He bought a bouquet of flowers then he walked towards her direction. He was nervous like crazy. His hands felt so cold. But he managed to walk closer and closer to Joohyun. Until he could reach her with his arm. Until she turned to him and realized his presence.

Wordlessly, Yonghwa handed her the bouquet. Joohyun looked at him in shock. She didn’t accept the flowers but Yonghwa shoved it on her hands. As fast as his presence, he immediately walked away from her. Leaving the confused Joohyun with his flowers bouquet.

God knew how Yonghwa wanted to hug her. How Yonghwa wanted to put his hand around her shoulder and whispered sweet nothings to her ear. Yet, it only in his mind and in his memory.

 

***

 

The next day, Yonghwa waited for her in the usual place that she loved to eat. Just right at twelve o’clock, Joohyun came and order her favorite food. She sat on their favorite spot when they usually had a date. Yonghwa moved from his seat, brought his food and sat in front of her. Joohyun looked up and startled.

“What are you doing here?” Joohyun asked.

“Eating.” Yonghwa simply answered.

Joohyun raised her brows. “I know it, but…”

“Can we just eat peacefully? Like we used to be?” Yonghwa looked at Joohyun straight in the eye.

“Like it used to be? How dare you? How could we?” Joohyun sighed a deep breath. She was too emotional to encounter Yonghwa for now.

“Just let’s eat our lunch.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun somehow felt anger. She stood up then left Yonghwa alone there. This was not the thing he wanted. He wanted their usual love lunch. Where Joohyun would feed him the food and wipe his lips with her thumb. Where they happily took selca and had so much fun.

Yonghwa sighed. He wouldn’t give up this easy. He would keep her no matter what. Step by step, he would build again the bridge that lead him to her arm.

 

***

 

That was another gloomy Sunday morning. Yonghwa looked blankly at the window. The sun shone so bright out there, but not his heart though.

It could be said that Yonghwa lived together with Joohyun. Even though both had their own apartment, they always sleep over in each other apartment in turn. He usually woke up with her smile, a sweet kiss and a warm embrace. He usually sleep after kissed her forehead and hugged her tight. And at this kind of Sunday morning, they would spending their quality time just stay in home.

Joohyun loved to read, so she demand a peaceful day only for her to read her favorite self improvement book. Yonghwa would look at her who calmly reading then slowly snuggled to her lap. He would lie there and ended up read one of her book.

Or when he was just too tired to read, he would by nudging her feet. Joohyun would be annoyed but it simply calmed by his sweet peck on the lips.

That was back then, now… Yonghwa only looked at the empty spot where she usually read. He sighed for the umpteenth times for that day. This emptiness really tore him. He need to go to somewhere. Anywhere but here, where he would only be drown in sadness.

 

***

 

Wherever his foot brought him to, it must be the place that full of memory of him and Joohyun. He unconsciously came to their usual shopping place, Myeongdong. If they not had a fight, maybe today, after Joohyun satisfied with reading her book, they would go shopping.

Yonghwa scanned the place which was full of people. Then he spotted that familiar figure. Seo Joohyun. Joohyun noticed him too. Both of them froze on their respective place. After the long five seconds, Joohyun turned her heels and walked away from him. No! Not again! Yonghwa immediately ran for her and grabbed her elbow.

“Let me go, Oppa!” Joohyun whine, struggled to be let go.

“No, Seo Joohyun. Never!” Said Yonghwa.

“We’re over!”

“No!”

“I don’t want to be with you anymore! You’re not love me anymore! What the use of staying with someone who doesn’t care of me?”

“Who said that bull, Joohyun?! I love you, okay? Do you understand??” Yonghwa held both of her shoulder and shook her body.

“You are lying!”

“Trust me!”

“You let me go.”

“I’m sorry. That’s entirely my fault. Please… forgive me.” Yonghwa pleaded. He was nearly crying. God, what should he do?

Joohyun just shook her head. She insisted him to release his grip. She pushed away, but unexpectedly Yonghwa pulled her and kissed her on the lips. Joohyun widen her eyes in shock and tried to push him away, but Yonghwa was persistent. He kept holding her and kissed her so hard yet so passionate and loving. He even didn’t give a damn that he kissed her in public place. He didn’t care even people stared at them with disgusted look.

Joohyun’s struggle became weaker and weaker. Finally she accept his kiss. Slowly she held his shoulder and kissed him back.

Yonghwa broke the kiss and gave her a sweet pecks three times. He leaned on her forehead and looked straight to her eyes. He held her cheek lovingly as he kept her in his embrace.

“Joohyun-ah, I love you.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun silent for a bit then whispered, “Pabo.”

 

***

 

They sat on their favorite restaurant. They talked to set everything right. Yonghwa said that he would treat her a million times better. He would tried hard to not let her down. She too would tried to understand him more. She promise wouldn’t get angry if he get too busy with his work.

“How could you think that I don’t love you anymore?” Yonghwa asked as he grabbed her hand and it gently with his thumb.

“Because you seems so careless when you are too immersed with your job.” Said Joohyun. She brought Yonghwa’s hand and kissed it softly.

“Jashik! Why you pull that kind of conclusion by yourself?” Yonghwa her cheek with his free hand.

“Because I’m tired at that time. You and your work and I’m the one who is left behind.” Joohyun sighed.

“I’m sorry.” Said Yonghwa sincerely. He leaned on her and capture her lips lovingly.

“It’s okay.” Joohyun smiled.

“I shouldn’t do that to you. I should have given my attention to you even if I’m too busy. I should have run after you when you walk away from me. I’m sorry… really.”

“I’m sorry too, for being too stubborn.” Joohyun bit her lips. She was contemplating whether she should confess this or not. But finally she spoke her mind out, “After all this time when we get separated, I really realize that I can’t live without you. I feel sad. I feel lifeless. Yet my pride prevent me to apologize first.”

Yonghwa laughed so hard, “Aigoo~ my arrogant baby.”

He pinched her cheek. Joohyun just pouted. Yonghwa couldn’t bear her pout and leaned once again to kiss away that cute pout.

“Oppa!” She whine.

“It’s okay for you for being arrogant. I’m the one who will beg you to come back to me.” Yonghwa smiled.

“Pabo Oppa!”

“But you love me.”

Joohyun blushed and bit her lips, “Ne, but I love you.”

Yonghwa grabbed her hand again and kissed her wrist, “You know what? Imagining that I really broke up with you really scare me. The thought really haunt me down. I imagining if you are not around anymore, will I can live? Will I can survive? Will I can move on? I’m sure that I couldn’t handle that.”

Joohyun smiled softly, “You don’t have to think about that anymore. I’m here and I’ll be with you forever.”

“Forever?” Yonghwa smiled.

“Ne. Forever.” Answered Joohyun.

 

***

 

Yonghwa entered the room that already filled with several people. That was a party that Jungshin held in his new apartment. Jungshin invited his closest friends to have some chat and drinks.

“Hey, Rich Kid!” Yonghwa greeted Jungshin.

“What are you talking about?” Jungshin chuckled.

“You buy this apartment in Gangnam, of course you are rich.” Said Yonghwa.

“Aish!” Jungshin nudged him playfully. “Anyway, you don’t want to meet beautiful lady over there?”

“What? Hell no! You try to match me with one of your friend? Just so you….” Yonghwa stopped his words. Because as he saw the girl, his heart skip a beat. Then a confusion hit her. “Joohyun?”

“Yep, your love of your life.” Jungshin nodded.

“But how?” Yonghwa as he watched Joohyun busy taking selfie with her friend.

Jungshin snickered, “We’ll keep it to surprise you.”

“Yah, you two!” Yonghwa snapped.

“Oh just cut it! Go and come to her.” Said Jungshin.

Yonghwa smiled at Jungshin and made his way to Joohyun. Being his playful self, he sneak behind her and photo bombed her. He stood shamelessly behind her, make a peace sign and join the selfie.

Joohyun turned to Yonghwa, “Oppa!” She hitted his chest playfully.

Yonghwa laughed, “Hey there, you sneaky yeoja!” He pinched her cheek.

Joohyun slapped his hand playfully and pouted. “Surprise?”

“Manhi!”

Yonghwa grabbed her hand and held it tight. He slid down and grabbed her phone and took it. Joohyun raised her brow.

“What?” She asked.

“Just want to see the photo you take earlier.” He smirked. He opened the gallery. “Oh! It turned out well.”

“You ruin my selfie to be exact.” Said Joohyun.

“Mm hm.” Yonghwa nodded and fiddled with her phone. “You know, I learned that you changed your phone number.”

“Well…. Yes.” Joohyun admitted shyly.

“So, Seo joohyun ssi, can I get your number?”

“You surely can, Jung Yonghwa ssi.”

 

One fine day, a warm day

The day you blew over to me with the wind

One fine day, a day I can never go back to…

No..

I can go back and be happy with you.

 

 

END

 


 

Hi! This is meluvyuya!

It’s been a long time. I’m quite busy these past days to manage certain things. I feel tired at night so I can’t write. All I want to do is resting and lazing around. LOL. But well, it’s all done. I’ll have time to write before I start to work.

I admit that I’m not creative because I copy all the scene from “One Fine Day” MV LOL. But the difference is I reverse the order with some of adjustment to match my own story line.

Anyway, I like the MV.. it’s so sweet, beautiful and sad at the same time. Kkk. (I mean the story line. No, I’m not sad because of the kiss scene. LOL). Yonghwa said that the song is all about the fear of breaking up. Imagining the fear of handling the feeling after the break up. So I tried to convey the same message through this fic. Hope it’s success enough. LOL. But well, I change it a bit so it has a happy ending. Kkk.

 I’ve also already listened all the song in the album. So far “One Fine Day” is my fave. Will listen the rest of the song well after this. Kkk.

For those who wait for “Sweet Mistake” please, please, please bear me and wait patiently. Kekeke. I’m still working on it.

So, this is all from me. Take care and see you around!