three

The Perks of Being a Nerd
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Him

 

I woke up first thing in the morning as soon as the sun hits my eyes. I groaned a little before I pull out the bed sheet over my body. I quickly check my phone that I put on the table beside my bed and it says it’s already 7 in the morning. I get up and quickly taking a shower before I put on my jeans, my shirt and my jacket. I check my phone again to see if she’s sending me any message or anything before I get downstairs to get some breakfast.

 

 

“Good morning Mama.” I said it after I see my mom is already in the kitchen busy peeling an apple before she’s turning her head towards me. “Ah, my son, good morning. Have a good night sleep?”

 

 

“Yeah.” I answer her before I put a pancake on my plate and start eating. “Is she already have a breakfast?”

 

 

“Who?” My mom is turning her head towards me once more before she’s nodding her head. “Ah, Youngji? Yes, she’s already had her breakfast. She woke up really early and already ate her breakfast. I think she’s waiting for you in her room.”

 

 

I nod my head before I finish my pancake and going towards her room. I knock on her door lightly before I open it. Youngji is sitting on her bed before she’s looking at me. “Ah, good morning.” She’s smiling blissfully at me before she stands up and puts her book into her backpack. “Are we going right now?”

 

 

“Yeah, or we’re going to be late.” She’s nodding her head before she’s following me outside. I’m grabbing my phone and my backpack that I put on the top of kitchen counter before I kiss my mom on the cheek. “I’ll see you later, Mama.” My mom is smiling before she’s waving her hands. “Have a good day, and you too Youngji.”

 

 

I’m looking at Youngji as she’s smiling and nodding her head. I’m grabbing my car key and walking outside towards my car and she’s following me getting inside the car. I’m quickly driving my car towards the school before I hear her speaking. “I still don’t understand why you’re being so nice towards me. I’m not even your friend to begin with.”

 

 

“I know.” I’m looking at her for a while before looking on the roads again. “I know you’re not my friend but I know that I should help someone if they need something.”

 

 

“But, why?”

 

 

I shrugged my shoulder, “I just knew last night that you need my help, and please accept it. I know that you’re going to try to pay me back but believe me I don’t need you to pay me back. I just want to help you.” I’m stopping my car as we hit the red light. “And if you’re still uncertain about this things because we’re not friends then let’s be friends.”

 

 

Youngji is turning her head at me, “But—you’re the quarterback and I’m no one. No one knew my name. I’m an outsider.”

 

 

“I know your name.” I drive my car as the light turning green, “And I’m not picking my friend because of their status. If I want someone to be my friend, then I’ll become friends with them.”

 

 

I’m turning my car towards the school’s parking spot and turning off the car. She’s being silent for a while before she’s looking at me, “I’m going to home alone. You don’t have to drive home with me.” She’s already getting off the car before I can speak anything. I know she’s one tough kid to crack with but I don’t know it’s this hard. Maybe everything needs some times to begin with.

 

 

I get off from my car before I see Mark’s car is coming towards me. I’m waiting for him to park his car before he’s walking towards me. “Hey, man.” Mark is grinning widely before he’s putting his hand on my shoulder. “Are you ready for Friday’s game?”

 

 

Friday is the big game for me as it’s the homecoming game. We’re already won before and Friday is the big game and I nee

Please log in to read the full chapter