two

The Perks of Being a Nerd
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Her

 

I’m the one that people known as an outsider. I hate being surrounded by people. I don’t like it when people are talking too loud, I hate it when people touch my belonging, and I hate people who act fake just to get themselves being accepted by specified group. I like books, I like being alone, I live with my own music, I like certain things that probably other people thinks that weird stuff, I’m the one that people call as the nerd. Yes, I’m basically a nerd in this school.

 

 

I transfer here a year ago, when it’s still a sophomore year. I’m not outstanding person; I’m not that pretty that’s why he would never notice me until he bumped me on a hallway. It’s not a big deal anyway; I’ve been used to it. I’ve been used to being ignored. It’s not going to hurt me.

 

 

I’m quickly gathering my things and exit the class because I have to take care of my mother. Is there anyone whose sixteen years old and they should take care of their mother? It’s me. Because my mother is not the best mother that you can have. She’s basically ed up. She didn’t even care if I was there or not.

 

 

I’m walking towards the nearest bus station and getting off from the bus when I’m reaching my home. My home is on a suburban area when most rich kids from my school wouldn’t be around here. I got into school because of the scholarship; I wouldn’t even be able to get there if I didn’t get the scholarship. I’m not rich. I’m poor. At least my brain can save me somehow.

 

 

“I’m home.” I’m opening the door when I notice that there’s a lot of stuff on a floor and a lot of messy things. What the hell has happened? I’m searching for my mom when I see her is looking for some stuff on my room. “Mom? What are you doing?”

 

 

She’s turning her head towards me for a while before she’s searching through my drawer once more. “I’m looking for some stuff that I can sell. I need some money.”

 

 

“I already gave you some money on Monday, why do you need it again?”

 

 

“Because….” She’s leaving my drawer before she’s looking underneath the bed. She wouldn’t find anything, I don’t have any money or some stuff that she can sell. “I lost the money. I went on gambling yesterday, and I need the money to play again today.”

 

 

What the hell? I worked my hard and this is what I deserve? I’m grabbing her hand as I’m stopping her to look further more into my room. “Stop gambling, can you?! I worked hard for both of us! I’m your daughter Mom; I’m not a slave that you can take anything! Do you want me to sell my body so we can live?”

 

 

She’s looking at me for a while before she’s grabbing both of my shoulder. “Yes, you can sell your body! I did that before. You get this pretty face from me; you’re still a young woman! Man will love you!”

 

 

I feel disgusted with my own mother before I slap her hands from my shoulder. I’m not that low. I’m not going to do the dirty jobs. I’m going to have a better life because I deserve it. “You’re my mom! You’re supposed to protect me!”

 

 

“You have to listen to me! I’m the one who’s carrying you for nine months! You are going to sell your body and make some money for me! Do you understand me, Youngji?”

 

 

“NO!!” I’m already crying because it hurts me. My mom never loves me. “I’m not going to do that!!”

 

 

“We’re poor because your father leaves me since I’m pregnant of you! He didn’t want any child! So he left me, I wouldn’t get this poor if it’s not because of you!! You should be grateful!”

 

 

I should be grateful of the one that wants to sell my body? “You’re one crazy woman that wants to sell her daughter just because of some money.” I’m wiping my tears away before I’m turning my body and grabbing my bag. I’m taking my clothes from the drawer before I’m stuffing into my bag.

 

 

I’m about to leave the house before she’s grabbing my arm. “Where are you going? Don’t you dare leave me alone! I’m your mother!”

 

 

“You’re not my mother anymore. She’s already dead in my mind.” I’m pushing her arms before I’m leaving the house. I won’t come back here anymore. I don’t know where to go. I don’t have any friends. Maybe I will sleep in a sauna and thinking about it later. I’m going to the nearest convenience store before I’m grabbing a bottle of water and pay for it.

 

 

I’m taking a seat in front of the store as I’m putting my bag on a table. I’m tired with my life. No one cares about me anyway. Even if I die….no one will come to my funeral. I’m positive about that. My dad left me even before I was born and my mom, well, she’s just basically hates me. And I’m never coming back there, who wants their child to be a e?

 

 

I’m a little dozed off before I see my bag already gone and I saw a man is running with my bag on his hand. Oh Good God. “THIEEFFF!!!” I’m running as hard as I can and screaming on the same time. My clothes in there, and my books as well, I can’t let him get away from me. Is this day going to be any worse?

 

 

“THIIEEFFF!! HELLPPPP!!” I’m screaming my lungs out before I see a man’s figure is tackling down the thief and hit him one more time with a punch on his head. The thief is quickly running away from him and he’s turning his body and walking towards me. I’m still br

Please log in to read the full chapter