Chapter I

Melancholia Sonagi ☂

                  Luhan was a 12th grade student . He was satisfied with his life and he was used to going out with his friends ,and share good moments , his favourites places being the beach and the small lake behind their family's house . His closest friend was Minseok even though he only met him in high school . He also had friends he met earlier but unfortunately he didn't have the chance to meet them due to the fact they all attended different high schools . But generally , he was very social and knew many people at high school , especially within the 12th graders circle  . 

Luhan was fond of sports , and soccer was a part of his life . He choosed soccer when he was in 7th grade , and 7th grade was also a grade where people still went on telling him he was cute , or that he looked very feminine , even though he was convinced he had some hair growing on his chest and that he couldn't find out what part of him looked feminine . If Luhan had a complex , it would certainly be that . Even if at the moment , people didn't point it out as much as they used to in middle school , there was still sometimes when he could hear such remarks. 

For his 18th birthday , Luhan's parents offered him a car . He quickly got his driving licence and became one of the most popular school student . But he felt his grades dropping and recently , he has been trying to catch on by studying a lot . 
He tried going to the library twice a week , but he felt depressed since Minseok couldn't come with him , he just had found out a job . Library was the place where all the students ( at least the hard studying ones and the freshmen) used to come . The first time he got there , he had the occasion to check out all the newcomers , which he didn't even notice before . There was  a huge distance between 12th graders and the others . He felt some repugnance toward them ; they just seemed so ignorant and some of them just showed to much fierceness . These ones , he felt like hitting them . 
Like that one time he was looking for a quiet spot . 


                    There , there was only one student , it seemed to luhan that he was a 11th grader , he already saw him at the dance club before . He was just lying on the table sleeping . Luhan sat in front of him as he had no choice , and began copying his first maths book's lesson onto a notebook to learn it . Luhan was totally exhausted when he finished copying , and surprised by how he did manage to do it in one go , without checking into the phone or anything . He looked back to the boy sleeping . His skin was clear , and his lips were pink. His features seemed really good although Luhan couldn't completely see his face , but his pink leather bag on the table just made Luhan cringe . Luhan laughed to himself when he thought that boy's face could represent all of the 10th and 11th graders .
When Luhan has decided it was enough for the day , and closed his maths manual , he heard someone calling him even though he didnt see anyone . But when his back got slapped , he sure felt it . 


"-Hey Luhan ! You were studying ? 


Luhan nodded with a smile when he recognised Taejin's face. Taejin was in the soccer club with Luhan during the first part of the year but then he suddenly joined the dance club , which made the captain really pissed off . But none of the actual soccer club students were mad at him because he was extremely social , and it was in everybody's benefit to keep in good terms with him . He was what girls called hot , yet Luhan didn't hear about him dating for the past 5 months. Just like Luhan , the sports club took a lot of his time .
After Luhan nodded , he expected Taejin to sit next to him so he extanded his hand to clear out the table , but all he heard was " you look cute today " directed to him and then ,  Taejin just  headed to the other side of the table , and gently rubbed the sleeping boy's back. 
Luhan got embarassed , once again not understanding what he did wrong . The boy woke up and Taejin and his friends , that just came , were chatting . He got to see what the boy looked like . Taejin grabbed the boy's pink bag and waited for him to be ready to go . 
Luhan just felt mixed emotions . It's the first time he actually experienced judging someone because they looked feminine . This boy even though he was young just looked feminine to Luhan . For the first time he didnt feel disrespected or worthless , and when the boy stood up ,  he kept staring at that boy from head to toe . His hair was fluffy , he had long lashes and he , as he guessed earlier , looked good  , even though he had bad eyecirles which made Luhan wonder what it was actually like when he wasn't tired . But on the other hand , he felt anger towards Taejin for still having the guts to call him cute when he had a friend who was hotter than the majority of the girl students . He didn't even make a remark about the flashy pink bag , or the studs decorated sneakers .


-Luhan wanna join us ? I'll buy you a drink ! By the way this is Sehun , Oh Sehun , he's a 11th grader . He joined our dance class even though he's one year younger ! 


Luhan felt too distant to even decline the offer . He just followed them as they kept talking about how the dance teacher was going too hard on them . Oh Sehun wasn't talking either , and then Taejin went on on how he met Luhan , and about soccer . Luhan was just walking behind them when he heard Taejin say some words to Sehun while searching for his phone .


-Yeah just take it , Luhan's number may be handy ! are you writing ? yeah ! 00219..


He noticed Sehun didn't know what was going on and just put a lost expression on his face . 
Luhan felt so pissed off he wanted to punch Taejin to the head , because he had clearly lost his mind. He didn't want the kiddo to have his number , and overall his number wasn't something to distribute so easily to people . He remembered that time Taejin gave his number to a girl that pretended to have a crush on him . That girl called him every evening asking him if he took a good shower and if he needed food . She also told him that if he was broke she would sell her pencil collection to help him . Luhan found that both cute and creepy , and overall , creepy . And the worst is that he still doesn't know who it is even though she's in the same high school. 
Then he noticed that the cause of most of  his problems was Taejin and others guys , who were his friends as well . 
After that , they just went on walking until they almost reached the  cafeteria .


-Taejin i'm sorry but i have to go right now , i have an appointement that i forgot about man


Taejin barely noticed and Luhan felt thankful he was such an to his friends . 


                   That evening , Minseok had some time , and him and Luhan went out to play soccer . Luhan came back home and there was nobody at home , because his father was in another city to visit their uncle and his mother was at a friends house . He ordered some spicy chicken and then he took a shower despite the fact there was no shampoo . By the time he finished drying him self the delivery guy arrived , he quickly put clothes on , and payed . When he opened his rooms door , he saw that he received several messages from an unknown number . 


No its 157 dongil road 


 He guessed it was an adress , but he still felt confused . He decided to wait and he just played games on his computer until he got tired. Then he decided to tidy up his soccer bag for tommorow when he received another message .
 Thnx Hyung but they are still fighting no sleeping tonight
 Luhan was thinking that maybe this message was from Sehun , but was curious about the fact it was not meant for him . 
Over the next week , he just continued receiving messages from time to time , and he wondered why this kid was so dumb that he didn't notice Taejin didn't receive his messages . Because indeed the last days he had discovered the text messages were meant to Taejin . 
Nothing particular happened until that evening . It was almost midnight and  Luhan was falling asleep . But then he remembered his phone shut down and turned it on . He suddenly felt vibering for almost 10 seconds , he saw he received a bunch of messages at once . He also had missed 12 calls .


Hyung , its going wild . 


I think father is gonna hit mom should i call police ?????


Hyung ?????? answer


answer
answer 


i successfully got out of the house

 he stopped yelling i aint going back there hyung please pick me up


All of the messages were sent earlier than half an hour ago. 
Luhan got up and began wondering . Taejin surely didn't receive his messages . And he had been reading his messages for one week . Maybe i should go and pick him ?
Then he suddenly lied again on the bed and try to forget . This boy had many problems but he was only a burden to Luhan and it wasn't his business  . Luhan desperately wanted to tell him that the answer to his questions was simply trying to be a man. 


  But he felt his phone vibrating again , and checked the message .


I'm sorry Hyung that i'm bothering you


and then few seconds later


i'll do fine don't worry !

 

Luhan stood up and switched the lights on . Ok , what he thought earlier was cruel . He'll go and pick up the boy , he's in a bad situation . He grabbed a tee shirt and his car keys and got out of the appartement . Once in the car he checked the adress Sehun had sent earlier that week . 
He arrived there in 10 minutes . He recognized the house because of the number written on the door . He slowed down his car and checked carefully if there was anyone on the stairs or next to the house . Sehun was sitting on the stairs knees close to his chest and he seemed to be sleeping .  Luhan was thinking again . He couldn't deny his situation was bad but did he have the right to interfere  into other people's lives ? 
He got out of the car and got close to Sehun . 


"Oh sehun . 


Sehun didn't wake up 


- Oh Sehun . Oh sehun .


Luhan was also extremely tired and couldn't stand here anymore , he put his arm around sehuns back made him stand up and made him sit into the car . 
Luhan got into the car . Halfway , even though he was still half asleep Sehun woke up .


"-Luhan ? Why am i here ? 

-I received the messages youve been sending for one week to Taejin. said Luhan concentrating on staying awake to drive .


Sehun didn't say anything . He didn't get back to sleep because he thought it was disrespecful to Luhan .

When they got into the building , waiting for the elevator ,  Sehun quietly mumbled " Thank you

In the elevator all we could hear was Luhan yawning , while Sehun couldn't stop rubbing his eyes . And once they got inside the appartement , Luhan switched on his parents bedroom's light and told Sehun " You can sleep in my parents bedroom if you want to , they'll not be here for a while " Sehun eyes widened as much as someone almost asleep could open his eyes , and with his waved his hands to indicate it wasn't possible . Luhan let out a light laugh and rubbed the back of his head . - I understand you don't wanna sleep on my parents bed haha..

 just come sleep with me , i'll put you something to sleep on


Sehun kept on following him and Luhan switched on the bathrooms light " here take a shower , there's still hot water
" i'll bring you some clothes and a towel " Sehun undressed , folded his clothes ,  got into the shower and began showering . Luhan got back into the bathroom and put the towels next to the sink.
-"ah wait wait wait " Luhan slid the door and handed him a bath sponge "
- here you go 

-thank you very much.. "
Luhan got back to his room with a smile , because he noticed that before giving him the bath sponge Sehun has been trying to make the shower gel foam with his hands . He prepared him pajamas and a place he could sleep on . Sehun came back to the room and changed , while Luhan was concentrated on his phone . 
"-I never wore the  underwear i gave before by the way !"
When Sehun was finished , Luhan put both the phones to charge and they went to sleep.


"-You don't wanna call your parents ? 

- No that's fine don't... don't worry . And thank you . Sorry that's the only thing i can say . 

- Just  ... let's sleep."