Chapter 1

Torn (UNFINISHED - No more updates)

  Su Jung sighed as she rearranged the books from the bookshelf. It was a tiring day and they were finally going to close up. Su Jung works here as a full-timer with Yoo Mi who was her boss. Yoo Mi was 60 year old, kind hearted and always helpful. She was the one who helped Su Jung climb to her feet when she felt hopeless and fed-up with love. Su Jung had tried her best to repay her kindness. Lately, Su Jung felt tired easily. It couldn't be from work, maybe she was just stressed out. He was always on her mind. Never leaving. It was like a part of Su Jung she could never get rid off. And Su Jung wished she could forget. Just ignore it and put it behind her. Forget it ever happened. But that didn't work. It has been 2 years. He still hadn't show up.

  The talk about how time could heal wounds doesn't apply to Su Jung. Her wounds were healed but not the scars. Her scars was burned into her. Su Jung felt a tap on her shoulder and turn around to see Yoo Mi peering at her closely. Su Jung jumped back a little. "W-What...?" Su Jung stuttered, a little surprised at the sudden confrontation.

  "What's going on in that head of yours? I've been calling your name for 3 times." Yoo Mi said before turning back to finish tidying up the counter. 

  "Sorry...nothing much." Su Jung said and gave her a smile. Her fake smile. She hadn't really smiled properly in a long time. She was used to hiding everything behind those smile. She built a wall around herself and preventing anyone from coming near her. 

  "Stop that. Tell me what is wrong. Is he on your mind again?" Yoo Mi asked as she grab a chair and leaned forward, demanding Su Jung stop her work and it down with her. Su Jung complied and sat down. Yoo Mi could always see through her. Nothing ever seem to escape her eyes. They were sharp. 

  "Yes." Su Jung replied as she lowered her head. The painful memories flooding through her again. The pain seeming to wash upon her, eating her alive. Trying to pull her into darkness. And occasionally Su Jung was tempted to give in. To let the pain pull her into darkness, to ignore everything in the world. Maybe that would help ease the pain. Su Jung could feel her eyes getting wet as tears escaped. Yoo Mi sighed as she comforted Su Jung. She had become like a daughter she never had to Yoo Mi. But she was always troubling herself for things that weren't even her fault. 

  "Tell me. Whatever you are thinking." Yoo Mi said softly as she pat her shoulder in comfort. 

  "It's just that I'm wondering if he would ever come back. And if he does, what will I say to him. What should I say to him. It's...painful. I wonder if he stills remembers me. If he still care about me. Or he already started a new life out there without me." Su Jung said as she started crying. The pain that shot through her heart were like needles. Yoo Mi pulled Su Jung into a warm hug then pull away after some time.

  "You have to start a new life yourself. Try forgetting him. Or try creating a life that has nothing to do with him. You deserve happiness not misery. Everyone does. Pull youself together and stand up. You've been hiding for so long. Its time to stop." Yoo Mi said. Su Jung nodded. But she knew she could never forget him. Her love for him was too much even it scares her. Yoo Mi stood up and left after tidying up. She went to her room on the 2nd floor of the shop, close the door and left Su Jung to close the shop. 

  Su Jung finished unpacking the last of the newly delivered book when she heard the door open. Without looking up, Su Jung called out. "I'm sorry. We're closed." She said. But Su Jung didn't hear the customer leave so she stood back up and stared. What she saw shocked her. Dirty blonde hair, beautiful brown eyes, killer smile and a perfect face. Mr.Perfect was looking around. He was dressed casually in a sweater and jeans. Yet strangely he looked hot. When he caught Su Jung staring, he shot her a smile. It was more of a cheeky grin though. 

  "Uh..." Su Jung was at a lost for words. She mentally hit herself in the head and tried to find the words. "I'm sorry. We're closed." Su Jung finally found her voice. 

  "Sorry...It's just there's a storm outside and this is the nearest shop I could find. Is it okay if I hang around until the storm goes away?" He asked. His voice was smooth and a little deep. Su Jung looked at him again and noticed this wasn't exactly her version of Mr.Perfect. He wasn't really her type but he was quite okay. 

  "Yeah sure I don't think my boss would mind though. My name is Su Jung by the way. Feel free to look at some books." Su Jung said and finally calm down a little bit more. Sure he was hot, but he wasn't her type. But he could grow on her. He was a lot but he wasn't...he wasn't Kevin. 

  "Sure. Thanks. My name is Eli. Thank you for having me." He smiled, that cheeky grin again. It seems to be his favourite expression. Su Jung return it with her small  fake smile all the while reminding herself in the head. He isn't Kevin. He isn't him.