Voice of my Heart 1

Voice of my Heart

Baekhyun isn’t gay, he is certainly not. Chanyeol knows but he’s blind from what reality has been telling him. He’s not sure if he really turned Baekhyun gay, not sure if Baekhyun’s collection of s are all gay. And what hurts the most is if Baekhyun really loves him or if it just the heat of the moment thing. Sure, Baekhyun said those three magic words as far as Chanyeol knows, but did Baekhyun really mean it?

He sighs. He’s not supposed to stress himself over ridiculous things. Baekhyun loves him. Baekhyun said it. He won’t doubt Baekhyun’s love for him.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol is waiting for the man that has been bothering his thoughts at their favorite coffee shop. He waits, and waits.

It’s been 2 hours, 36minutes and 28 seconds– 29 for now. Not that chanyeol is counting. It just so happens that every now and then he stares at his wristwatch. It’s just that. Yeah. “2 hours is long enough.” he made a move to stand up when he saw something or rather someone in his peripheral vision. His mind tells him to stop, he’s not supposed to look because his heart is beating so fast and he knows he shouldn’t but—

“Chanyeol?”
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Their professor, Mr. Wu asks him and Chanyeol gulps.

 “H-hi sir..” Chanyeol smiles awkwardly and removes the non-existent dirt in his pants. “You’re not in my class today. I thought you were sick.” Mr. Wu a thick brow and Chanyeol rubs his nape, he does that whenever he’s nervous. “I–yes.. I–“

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun halts in front of him and Chanyeol thanked all the gods, Baekhyun is his savior. “We gotta go, bye sir!”

Once outside, Chanyeol whooped and almost forgot why he even stood there that was the cause why his prof caught him.

“Sorry I’m late..” Baekhyun fidgets with the hem of his shirt. Chanyeol eases it with a smile and holds Baekhyun’s hand. “It’s okay.”



They decided to eat at the nearest Mc donalds and well, Chanyeol is hungry from waiting so he runs and Baekhyun joins him. They were smiling widely when they entered and got judging stares from the customers but well, who cares when you’re with Byun Baekhyun?

They eat in complete silence with Chanyeol digging his food and Baekhyun laughing at him. Chanyeol is doing this on purpose, he thinks that whatever made Baekhyun late is important and well, maybe Baekhyun is a little stressed out so being the awesomest and bestest and the most gorgeous and handsomest boyfriend, why not make him laugh?

 

They watched a movie after that, but what Chanyeol noticed is behind Baekhyun’s smiles and laughs, he always looks at his wristwatch then at his phone as if waiting for something.

“Baek?” Chanyeol starts and Baekhyun visibly stiffens and calms himself. After what seemed to be forever, Baekhyun faces him with a grin. “Yes?”

“What’s wrong?” if the look on his face isn’t obvious enough, he staggers to form a word, or rather– a proper lie to tell Chanyeol. Not wanting to know anything, he dismisses it and just laughs. He feels baekhyun relax behind him and Chanyeol feels a tug of his heart.
 

 

He knows it. He feels it. But he didn’t want to believe anything. Baekhyun loves him…. right?

 

Right?

 

 

As if what happened in their movie date wasn’t enough, Baekhyun’s smiles are tight and his laugh seemed to be forced. Baekhyun also seems to be busy with his phone though he’s with Chanyeol but when they part and call it a day, Chanyeol is always the one to wish him goodnight and an I love you. All he got in return is a plain you too.
 

 

 

 


What’s worst is Chanyeol just had to see it in his own eyes.

Baekhyun is with a girl. A very beautiful and doll-like girl to add in. Baekhyun’s back is on him and he kisses the girl full on her lips and the girl responded lovingly as if they’ve been doing it long enough. Chanyeol takes a step backward and runs. He’s lanky and he’s not good in running but his chest tightens and his vision blurs.

 

He goes home wasted. He’s tired. He wants to sleep but there’s a knock on his door. Not caring about his state, he opens it and gapes. It’s Baekhyun. “Yeol? What happened?” Baekhyun asks worriedly.

 

Are you really worried about me, Baek?

 

The urge to laugh in Chanyeol’s part is inviting. So he did.

“Yeol…” the frown etched on Baekhyun’s face made him more beautiful. It hurts Chanyeol. “I love you, Baek.”

“I love you so much.” Chanyeol sobs and asks the million dollar question.

“You love me, right?” Chanyeol asks Baekhyun and the latter scowls at him.

“Yeol, are you drunk?” Baekhyun then moves closer and Chanyeol cups his face as if Baekhyun is the most precious thing that has happened to him. He really is.

“Answer me…” not caring how pathetic he sounded right now, he sobs and waits for an answer he’s been itching to know.

Baekhyun gulps. By chance, did Chanyeol saw him with Taeyeon? But Chanyeol is here and it can’t be. He went straight to Chanyeol’s house after his date with Taeyeon just so it wouldn’t be obvious.

“Y-yes..”

The tone that baekhyun used already gives away the answer. But Chanyeol refuses to believe it and opts to believe what Baekhyun told him.

Chanyeol is hurt.

And Baekhyun is selfish.

 

Chanyeol is tired. He’s emotionally tired. He’s been seeing them go out for quite a while now.

Baekhyun shamelessly kisses her in public, unaware of a certain giant that follows them around and emotionally hurts himself at the end of the day.

 

Baekhyun still goes out with him. They watch movies, kiss, hold hands, and at the end of the day, when one of them feels it, they’ll stay up late making love.

 

Making Love. Chanyeol wants to laugh.

 

 

He’s tired but he loves Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol is willing to stay like this, to stay as a mistress though he’s the original.

Chanyeol mutters a curse. Why did his life end up like this? What had he done in his past life to deserve such harsh punishment?

 

 

 

A person who thinks with his brain—not with his heart, is a person who knows what he should do.

Sleepless nights, uneaten meals, unattended classes… Chanyeol thinks it’s enough.

 

“Baekhyun, let’s talk,” Chanyeol mutters when they walked side by side. It’s barely audible but he knows that Baekhyun heard him. Baekhyun tensed but it goes on unnoticed as Chanyeol dwells with himself if he should tell Baekhyun that he knows.

 

“S-sure.” Baekhyun replies with an easy smile, one that he’d been using whenever he’s with Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun thinks against his decision. Is it right to cheat because he’s confused and wants to figure out his uality?

Ofcourse not.

And he thinks again, yes, cheating will never be right but his relationship with Chanyeol is wrong, too. They’re so wrong on many levels and Baekhyun didn’t know why the thought of him and Chanyeol being wrong hurts him more rather than him cheating for his own sake.

 

Baekhyun takes a good look at his boyfriend. His actions making him feel guilty, Chanyeol looks so hurt and his chest tightens, maybe Chanyeol did know.

 

 

 

“You’re with a girl a while ago.” Chanyeol gulps a lump at his throat; he didn’t know that telling it with his own big mouth hurts. He didn’t know how it will hurt more if Baekhyun did answer him.

“Yeol…”

Chanyeol waits for an answer. Eversince he dated Baekhyun, he’s always the one to wait, the one to man up and apologize though Baekhyun is at fault, the one to forgive with just a sorry without making an effort to explain and clear up things.

Chanyeol is helplessly inlove with Baekhyun, helplessly pulled in with an invisible string in Baekhyun’s slender fingers. Chanyeol felt utterly used but if it’s Baekhyun, he’s even willing to jump off a cliff if Baekhyun will ask so.

 

“Baek.. I need your answer.” Chanyeol’s voice is strained and Baekhyun felt like his heart became a glass, shattered and wasted.

“I’m confused, Yeol, you know that I’m not gay..” Baekhyun didn’t know why he felt utterly defenseless. As if saying a wrong word can break them off and Baekhyun wants to be careful.

 

He’s confused but he loves Chanyeol.

 

Did he get the answer?

 

Chanyeol bitterly laughs; the sound resonating in the house isn’t good at all. “What do you want, now?” Chanyeol asks and Baekhyun gasps, this is it. Chanyeol is giving him his chance to break up with him because Chanyeol loves him so much and he can’t. Instead of thinking about his confusion, about his relationship being wrong on so many levels, Baekhyun finds himself strutting towards the giant.

Arms circled in Chanyeol’s neck, strong arms tightly in Baekhyun’s waist…. Chanyeol lets Baekhyun feel that his decision on being with him is right.

 

Chanyeol didn’t get a yes or no a while ago but now that they’re in his bed, only Baekhyun’s yeses could be heard.

 

 

Taeyeon calls Baekhyun and in the fifth time that she tried, on the third ring, she squints her eyes on something because her phone is doing weird whimpering, bed creaking and screams of---

Baekhyun is having with Chanyeol.

 

Reality then dawns on her that even when she got Baekhyun two months ago, they never had nor made out. She thought she fooled Baekhyun for telling him that he needs to rethink of his life, dating a guy is worst.

 

She wants to laugh at herself. She grips her phone tightly and spills out curses and when she’s calmed down, she sent a text to Baekhyun and puffs.

 

We’re over, you’re disgusting.

 

--

 

the ending is random. i hope you enjoyed :)