002

You are my song

 

 

.... 

A/N: long over due sorry.

 

.....

 

The next time they met, Jonghyun was all dolled up with his leather jacket and skinny jeans. Woohyun eyed him curiously and Jonghyun just shrugged his shoulders as he sat next to the singer.

 

"You are trying to impress someone." Woohyun grinned and Jonghyun just shook his head.

 

"Can't I just look good?" Jonghyun asked back and Woohyun shrugged his shoulders.

 

Jinki came in a frw minutes before call time and was surprised to see the si gers already warming up with vocalisation. 

 

"You are both early." Jinki smiled as he set his things on the table and pulled out the CD track for the song. "I had some help with the track, you'll be surprised." Jinki announced and soon the song filled the room.

 

The rearranged track boasted a sick beat and a toned down melody that was just fitting for the ost. 

 

"Who helped you hyung?" Woohyun asked and Jinki grinned at him.

 

"Up and coming singer-composer Henry." He said and the two vocalists' jaws dropped. "We knew each other from the indie scene." Jinki said and laughed as he took the earphones and gestured for the two to start recording.

 

"I want you to feel in love, think of that special someone and translate that into a song." Jinki briefed the two and smiled as he started the song.

 

Woohyun naturally thought of Key, how his heart beats fast at just the thought of the male smiling at him. Jonghyun was blushing as he had his own crush in mind. But the difference with Woohyun, his crush was right in front of him and nodding his head to the mellow beat of the song.

 

It took them no time to finish the song, no surprise there, and their voices were just perfect as solo and as a duet.

 

The song was a mega hit when it was released as the OST. The song stirred emotions and that alone made Jinki proud of his work and to the singers. It was popular to the point that it was released on music shows and that it topped charts, Jonghyun and Woohyun were invited to perform on music shows.

 

The two were both charismatic and good looking; making each and everyone in the room swoon at them. Their voices were perfect and the song suited them well. Just a week after their song debuted, they had won 1st place in various music program and that was enough for Siwon and Kyuhyun to throw a mega party for them.

 

"2Hyun is a hit!" Siwon was gleaming with pride, raising his glass and motioning for everyone to join him. 

 

The drinks overflowed as they celebrated an unprecedented award. Jinki was also invited and the first throphy was given to him which surprised him greatly.

 

"We both decided that the honor is yours for creating such song." Woohyun uttered and Jinki was teary eyed.

 

"But you brought life to the song." Jinki countered.

 

"Our voices is just the icing, your work is the cake." Jonghyun chimed in and made Jinki spill tears as he embraced each singer, muttering his gratitude for their hardwork.

 

Jonghyun felt the time slow down as Jinki wrapped his arms aroubd him. His heartbeat was eratic, and he was going to hyperventilate soon. He felt his cheeks burn and he was sure that he was as red as the raspberry cocktail he was holding.

 

Jonghyun was falling, sinking, whatever term you could call it but he was most definitely in love with the composer. The strings of cheesy lines has been flowing through his brain like an orchestrated song and he was sounding like a lovesick teenage girl who just had her first crush; he was not mocking them to be honest, because he now feels what it's like to be in love and he liked it. He felt inspired, and that was something he was surely enjoying. 

 

Jinki has been dropping by SCent more often and that was Jonghyun's reason to drop by the office too, telling his manager that he needs to train more  and well, venture into songs that would allow him to dance.

 

He started dance training and met a trainee who was so good that his jaws dropped to the floor, figuratively of course.

 

"Hello Sunbae." The trainee bowed to him and Jonghyun nodded to acknowledge him.

 

"Ah, Jonghyun. This is my protege, Taemin." Yunho, their dance coach introduced the young boy.

 

"He's good hyung." Jonghyun praised the young boy who smiled at him and thanked him while bowing a perfect 90 degrees.

 

"Excuse me, is Taemin done?" They heard an all familiar voice and Jonghyun's heart started beating faster than it should have.

 

"Jinki hyung!" Taemin chirped, bowing to Yunho and Jonghyun before grabbing his bag and running towards Jinki.

 

"Thank you for today." Taemin waved and then left the room with Jinki.

 

"What are they?" Jonghyun asked Yunho, quite surprised about it.

 

"Curious? Go ask them." Yunho replied with a grin indicating that he has some diabolical plan or something. "You know the basics Jjong, let's do something naughty." Yunho smirked and Jonghyun shook his head.

 

"Please spare my soul hyung." Jonghyun exaggerated and they both ended up laughing.

 

It was bugging Jonghyun, are those two together? It's possible though because both are quite good looking and masters of their field, but it's also possible that they are just friends.

 

"Hey Taemin!" Jonghyun caught hold of the trainee at a hallway.

 

"Yes Sunbae?" Taemin replied.

 

"About the other day, the guy who picked you.." Jonghyun started.

 

"Oh Jinki hyung? He's my brother and he got me in this agency." Taemin said and that lifted up a heavy stone inside his heart.

 

"Oh, your brother? He worked with me on an OST." Jonghyun proudly said.

 

"Ah, yeah he has a trophy at home because of you sunbae. Thank you very much." Taemin uttered and bowed at him making Jonghyun flustered.

 

"Oh he makes great songs. I heard him sing at a restaurant before, doesn't he want to debut as a singer?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"He has inferiority complex and stage fright. But he has a knack for music." Taemin answered with a smile.

 

"Aren't you going to your vocal training now?" Jonghyun asked, knowing how a trainee's schedule looked like.

 

"Supposedly but I don't have a voice like my brother." Taemin replied.

 

"That's why it is called training. You are supposed to get better after practice." Jonghyun uttered sarcastically.

 

"But I am not confident at all." Taemin bowed his head.

 

"Taemin!" They heard a voice call and Jonghyuns heart beat erratically again.  

"Im here hyung." Taemin waved and joined his brother. "Bye Jonghyun sunbae!" Taemin waved at the singer then joined his brother who bowed to acknowledge Jonghyun. 

 

Jonghyun waved pathetically at the two, a goofy puppy like grin on his face, before he sighed and entered his managers office, ranting about butterflies and roses, and how the moon was bright and round. His manager just shook his head, surely Jonghyun was lovesick.

 

Jonghyun couldnt help but fall for the composer, who was so real and genuine, and his smile was just to die for. He could list a thousand adjectives to describe Jinki and still write a thousand more, he was that special. 

 

But before he could move on with trying to pursue the composer, Jonghyun must overcome a troublesome girl by the person of SeKyung. The actress was head over heels with Jonghyun since they met for a music video and Jonghyun may have liked her before, but not when she became clingy like a tacky glue. With his heart and mind settled with a future with Jinki, he finally faced ms. Tacky Glue to give her his two scents.

 

 

"I missed you!" Sekyung greeted him, pushing him back on the wall and kissing him like it was their honeymoon. 

 

He pushed her gently off of him and reasoned out with her. Its not like they are clicking, Jonghyuns heart is beating for someone else and she is just a friend to him. Sekyungs face wasnt the prettiest as she tried to comprehend what Jonghyun wanted for them to be. She loved him, perhaps blinded too much to a point of being possessive, but could she be blamed when Jonghyun seemed like the man of his dream?

 

Sekyung planted a farewell kiss on Jonghyuns lips before she bid him goodbye, and Jonghyun smiled and his heart was free from the chains or the glue that was Sekyung; now he can finally be with Jinki.

 

With heart on his sleeves, he gave a proposition to Siwon for his album and the ever knowing CEO, granted him what he wanted. Jonghyun as smiling as he met the composer, but Jinki wasnt as pleased seeing him and the atmosphere between them turned into ice Jonghyun could sing frozen.

 

---- 

 

 

a/n: I know I .. but let me just apologize because work has been tough for me but now, I am kind of handling it better~ I am going to give writing a bit more time ^^